Will you go to/watch Blizzcon 2019?

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
Seeing all the hate garnered in the past 3 months towards Blizzard - Will you watch or go to Blizzcon this year?

And please, spare me with your "phone" comments. it's getting old and it's not funny anymore.
I have no plans to.

It was only by chance I didn't get a ticket last year.

This year however, I have no intention on getting it.
Highly Rated
After the disaster of 2018, I will never go Blizzcon, nor will I watch it via the VT. I can watch it on Youtube for free. Do they even care about the fan base that helped build the company? They should just move to China already, they could call the new company NetEase-Vision, Blizzard is dead.
I won't (never have), but I can make a prediction for you.

Some Dev will go on stage and he'll say something awkward because he's just a Dev acting as a public speaker and players are going to roast him for weeks.
02/10/2019 07:10 AMPosted by Imperius
I won't (never have), but I can make a prediction for you.

Some Dev will go on stage and he'll say something awkward because he's just a Dev acting as a public speaker and players are going to roast him for weeks.

TBH - you don't need to be awkward to get roasted. If you saw E3 on twitch last year - on the EA panel, every time Andrew Wilson came on stage, the chat went nuts with "oh look, it's the Devil".
It is going to be on youtube in a few hours or within a day max. So why not. Am I going to pay to see it? Never did. Never will.
Yes, 2018 was the best Blizzcon to watch to date. More boo's please, keep 'em rollin'.
No. The announcement of Diablo Immortal at BlizzCon 2018 was an anticlimax. It completely shattered my faith in Blizzard, or what little faith I had left in their ability to produce another great Diablo game after the 2012 fiasco and over a year without any content updates. I also do not believe that Blizzard would give Diablo the same time slot on the main stage, two years in a row.

If I have learned anything since the release of RoS, it is that watching and waiting for Blizzard to release something truly great for this franchise is a monumental waste of time. The creativity and passion are gone. And the manpower just isn't there, either.

02/10/2019 07:01 AMPosted by KushiSensei
And please, spare me with your "phone" comments. it's getting old and it's not funny anymore.
你没有电话吗?
Went for the 1st time in 2018. Was bummed about Diablo Immortal, but it was a fun convention overall so I plan on going again.

Really wish they'd put someone smart in charge though. Lots of small stupid aggravating things that were obviously stupidly planned, like Joey Ray's bar in the Starcraft area. Super cool looking, always full because the beers were good, yet somehow whoever planned it had it facing BACKWARDS from the stage and the tvs. Anyone waiting in line had to turn around to watch the games.

I wish there was a Blizzcon feedback system or some such. I tried looking but couldn't find anything else than dead Blizzcon forums.
As XT-002 Deconstructor said

"NO NO NO NO NO NO!!"
I went last year and I’ll never go again or buy the virtual ticket. I’ll continue to play the Blizzard games I purchased already that I enjoy. If they make a new game I will view it with skepticism and if I like it I’ll buy that but Blizzard titles are not must buys for me anymore.
02/10/2019 07:01 AMPosted by KushiSensei

I might watch it on my phone...
Absolutely not.If they decided to selling phone at there, I may think about it.
I wanted to go last year but luckily I did not and for sure I will never think about going again, unless they bring out Warcraft 4, Starcraft 3 or Diablo 4 with real Blizzard quality.

Until then Blizzard has lost me as a customer and won't get a single cent.
I watched live on VT for the first time in 2018 and was so disappointed with the Diablo debacle that I will never participate going forward. I may catch highlights online but I won't do it live again.
I have always bought the virtual ticket sight unseen, but it's time to be more selective. I'll watch the opening ceremonies before I decide this year.

The next blizzcon should be the announcement for the next WOW expac - but I'm almost as disappointed in the WOW developers as I am in the Diablo developers right now.

'That being said'....... I also have a tendency towards wishful thinking, and I'm hoping both teams have learned something over this last year.
What's this? Statistical work for gauging fan tension? I say, being honest goes a long way.
Yes I'll probably go, think it'll be one of the best to date. Developers don't sit around doing nothing, and 2018 being so weak re announcements increases the chances of decent announcements at 2019 BlizzCon.

Also went in 2017 for the first time and had fun :)
Nope, not happening. Its only gonna be more mobile game announcements and more disappointments. I'll let the crazy ones go and just catch up on the news about it now. Not gonna just throw money at a company that doesn't care about its hardcore crowd.
No.