Will you go to/watch Blizzcon 2019?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
I saved money from 2017 to mid 2018 to attend my first one.
I had a pretty big plan.

1. Take my girlfriend of 4 years to Disneyland, she loves that stuff.
2. Purchase the proposal package at Disneyland and propose to her.
3. Attend Blizzcon 2018, as a newly engaged couple and have a blast.

I decided to take a different path 2 months before Blizzcon, and I thank my stars to this day that I didn't get bent out of shape on a video game and have any sort of other feelings besides joy.

I will never attend a Blizzcon, even though before it was one of my dreams.
If Blizzard CONFIRMS that something big is comming for Diablo yes, otherwise no!!!
02/11/2019 01:44 PMPosted by Hugote84
If Blizzard CONFIRMS that something big is comming for Diablo yes, otherwise no!!!

Like they did last year? Have fun.
Phonecon
02/11/2019 01:46 PMPosted by naksiloth

When I say something big, I mean something that all of us was asking for years. Not anything mobile...
I can find ways to watch it online for free.
Yes, I will watch again and likely get the Blizzcon ticket (using gold from when I played WOW in the past).
Why would any sane person pay $50 to watch advertisements?
02/11/2019 01:55 PMPosted by Hugote84
When I say something big, I mean something that all of us was asking for years. Not anything mobile...

They never announce the platform they're working on before hand until you hear it at Blizzcon. If they say it out loud, that'd be a surprise and lose potential customers for tickets. That's what Blizzcon is for, to announce the next game in detail instead of dropping vague hints.
Keep your hopes for the PAX East or Gamescom, this year to catch a glimpse. That's, only if they weren't stalling the fanbase about doing something on Diablo franchise of course.
02/11/2019 02:11 PMPosted by naksiloth
02/11/2019 01:55 PMPosted by Hugote84

They never announce the platform they're working on before hand until you hear it at Blizzcon. If they say it out loud, that'd be a surprise and lose potential customers for tickets. That's what Blizzcon is for, to announce the next game in detail instead of dropping vague hints.
Keep your hopes for the PAX East or Gamescom, this year to catch a glimpse. That's, only if they weren't stalling the fanbase about doing something on Diablo franchise of course.

If they don’t announce anything at PAX East or Gamescom, so I would not waste my money on Blizzcon. Last year, was so frustrating, and luckily, I didn’t buy the virtual ticket.
Almost 100% surely not. To be fair though even when I played WoW like crazy and had a very high opinion of Blizzard I didn't actually fly out to CA to attend a couple day event in which a lot of is leaked before hand and the stuff that isn't can be seen free shortly after its announced.
02/11/2019 02:07 PMPosted by neo
Why would any sane person pay $50 to watch advertisements?

I suspect most people buy the virtual ticket for the cosmetics and bonus items it includes for Blizzard's games and not so much to watch Blizzcon, but I could be wrong.

As for the opening post, I have never attended Blizzcon and don't plan on ever attending one; I just dislike traveling in general. If I had the money to burn, and the cosmetic items included were awesome, I might buy a virtual ticket, but it's unlikely.
I've gone to every Blizzcon since 2008, and that isn't changing. It's an opportunity to spend time with friends I don't see often, to watch the OW world cup live, and if, by some miracle the next major non-mobile Diablo announcement is made, I'd like to be there for it and be among the first to play the demo.
I always ask myself : do I want the digital goodies ? even if I only want one (murloc pet usually) then I get the stream.
Last year did not get the stream, this year I might depending on above.
02/11/2019 01:46 PMPosted by naksiloth

Nothing about Brandy's warning made me think that what they were announcing was big. It still isn't. It's the bad read of the player-base that became big.
Serious questions -

When Jay Allen Brack appears, will he get booed due to his recent announcement of HotS?

Will there be more Diablo Immoral panels? Will Wyatt Cheng make an appearance? Will he get booed if he does?
02/11/2019 11:32 AMPosted by Imperius
I would like someone to go point by point explaining why they think Diablo : Immortal is a re-skin of another Netease game. I tried their games to find out why and not a single one was anything like the demo of Diablo : immortal.

You seem to believe that with all your heart, so please do.

It's funny how you take offense to reskinning the game, but not to the addition of predatory microtransactions or Chinese mobile trash. As for the reskin, I don't think it is a direct copy/paste of Diablo elements over a NetSleaze game, nor do I think they built it from ground up. They more than likely used an existing game or game in production as a base and tweaked it with some Blizz style elements to get the game out fast.
Never!
If it's free again, yes, I will.

The anticipation of last year will never be equalled again though. So much build up to our pc release/news, only got get a phone shoved in our butt.

Blizzard can never again get any hype/hope from me.
02/10/2019 07:01 AMPosted by KushiSensei
Seeing all the hate garnered in the past 3 months towards Blizzard - Will you watch or go to Blizzcon this year?

And please, spare me with your "phone" comments. it's getting old and it's not funny anymore.

Good post OP.

I am so glad I didn't pay for VT this time around Nov, 2018.

There is no possibility I will ever go to Blizzcon in person or VT ever again.

Activision has gutted Blizzard for me.

Even the news hiring ppl for unannounced project on the launcher for what I imagine to be for Diablo IV will keep me interested any more.

That news on launcher probably means D4 is fully in the works now.
Beta D4 may be less than a year away!

I will never buy another Blizzard product.