Will you go to/watch Blizzcon 2019?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
02/11/2019 08:05 PMPosted by Alexismad
02/11/2019 11:32 AMPosted by Imperius
I would like someone to go point by point explaining why they think Diablo : Immortal is a re-skin of another Netease game. I tried their games to find out why and not a single one was anything like the demo of Diablo : immortal.

You seem to believe that with all your heart, so please do.

It's funny how you take offense to reskinning the game, but not to the addition of predatory microtransactions or Chinese mobile trash. As for the reskin, I don't think it is a direct copy/paste of Diablo elements over a NetSleaze game, nor do I think they built it from ground up. They more than likely used an existing game or game in production as a base and tweaked it with some Blizz style elements to get the game out fast.

But you obviously have no proof of that and instead of going with the obvious that the game was indeed made from the ground up (mobile games do not require as much production time as PC games), you chose to go on limb and speculate.
02/11/2019 09:04 PMPosted by Imperius
But you obviously have no proof of that

I don't think anyone has proof of anything, as well, you don't have proof it's not a reskinned game.

But you do know what I have proof of?

Anyone who prefers PC gaming, doesn't want their favorite title on mobile dumbed down from rated M for "mature" to E for "everyone".

So, take your troll/white knighting attitude and put it where it belongs.
02/10/2019 07:01 AMPosted by KushiSensei
Seeing all the hate garnered in the past 3 months towards Blizzard - Will you watch or go to Blizzcon this year?

And please, spare me with your "phone" comments. it's getting old and it's not funny anymore.

I would totally like go but my phone is like broken so I like can't go.
02/11/2019 09:18 PMPosted by DOA
02/11/2019 09:04 PMPosted by Imperius
But you obviously have no proof of that

I don't think anyone has proof of anything, as well, you don't have proof it's not a reskinned game.

But you do know what I have proof of?

Anyone who prefers PC gaming, doesn't want their favorite title on mobile dumbed down from rated M for "mature" to E for "everyone".

So, take your troll/white knighting attitude and put it where it belongs.

Actually there’s plenty of evidence that point to D:I being an original game... for starters the gameplay and controls are unlike any other Netease game, then there’s the types of enemies and bosses that differ greatly from Netease’s game.

Also, the game is rated “T” for teens.

I could also add the fact that both Blizzard and Netease stressed the game was built from the ground up and since then there wasn’t a shred of evidence of the contrary, not even a leak from an anonymous source.

As for your useless insult towards me, it tells more about you than it tells about me.
02/11/2019 09:41 AMPosted by MissCheetah
I really enjoyed Blizzcon overall in 2014, and especially in 2016 (stayed with several Diablo 3 Community folks and got to really hang out with tons of neat people).

I went in 2018 as well. Several things were cool!

-I got to meet some of my online friends I had not met in person.
-Meeting more new Blizzard folks across multiple games and departments
-I got to spend a lot of time at Blizzard directly with the WoW team and some of the CS folks.
-I got to meet all the WoW Community MVPs
-I got to give Nev and Kauza (not on D3 anymore) a hug! They were working though so no time to chat.

Actual Blizzcon:

-HUGE crowds of over 40K people
-VERY VERY strict security which trapped those 40K people behind security walls and made the convention center REALLY densely crowded. I don't handle crowds or noise well. In past years the crowd could spread out across the inside and outside so the crowds were less dense. Having to go through the metal detectors and bag checks again meant fewer people left for lunch/other activities and stayed all day.
-Crowds were so tough you could not get into the panels you wanted to see. I wanted to get to the Diablo Panel after opening ceremonies (which let out late) but it took over 25 mins to go 300 feet.
-I made it to the Panel before the Q&A started though...only to be told "not coming to PC" at which point I kind of lost it. I was upset and knew what the Community was going to do/feel.
-Rest of Blizzcon was a haze.
-One of my friends made me go out and get some fresh air...and food. But the food trucks were SO crowded because of the security barriers it was nuts. Normally people eat at nearby places too. That said, my gyro was fantastic! I had so wanted to try the Viking truck though...lines were too long.
-I left around 5pm on Friday and consoled myself with wine at the hotel. Friends forced me to eat eventually by getting pizza and putting it in front of me.
-Saturday I stayed in bed. My toe was broken and hurt like hell after the first day. I could not face the crowds again. I watched on the virtual ticket and hung out here on the forums. Eventually went down to dinner when the other friends came back and we compared notes about how Blizzcon went.
-Another bad thing - with the crowds so heavy it was REALLY hard to find the people I wanted to say hi to. I only go to to see my D3 friends for a short time :( Although, I DID manage to find Rhykker for a bit.

Ask me in October if I am going again. I don't know. I usually don't go every year. It is very expensive and with the crowds now, I don't know how feasible it is.

As for the Virtual Ticket, their pricing needs work. They have added a TON more content to it that starts over a month before Blizzcon. I really enjoy the panels that go into the engineering, coding, networking, etc. The "how to make things" stuff. It just seems that it is really expensive for what you get and that is going to discourage people from getting it.

God, how do you even survive?
Blizzcon was always something to look forward to, even if I never personally attended or bought a VT. Not anymore since they made it pretty clear it's no longer about celebrating fandom, but about advertising to shareholders. If they even plan one for this year, they'll have to work really damn hard to make up for the massive brand damage they've done last year. Not just for Diablo, even though that's the most obvious one, but for pretty much every single IP they own.
Aren't they changing the name this year to ActiCon?
02/12/2019 07:13 AMPosted by Tetra
Aren't they changing the name this year to ActiCon?

Yeah, right after EA brings Westwood back from the dead and release Command and Conquer - Tiberian Moon and after Bethesda releases a Fallout game that has no bugs in it.
Will Blizzcon be in Beijing China this year for the release of Immortal, for the new (money) market? Or, will they just do the convention over the phone?
Not a snowballs chance in hell. I refuse to buy any Blizzard/Activision product or use them until they fix their screw up(s).
02/11/2019 09:35 PMPosted by Imperius
Actually there’s plenty of evidence that point to D:I being an original game... for starters the gameplay and controls are unlike any other Netease game, then there’s the types of enemies and bosses that differ greatly from Netease’s game.

If I take a Toyota frame and put a Honda body on it, I did not build a brand new car from the ground up. You would need to tweak some mechanical parts to make everything fit and work, that is why it wouldn't look like any Toyota or run like any Honda ever built.

Also, the game is rated “T” for teens.

At that point, might as well be 'E' for everyone. Some things you can Disneyify, some things you break when you Disneyify it. The series will lose a lot of its mood and atmosphere as you PG it up.

I could also add the fact that both Blizzard and Netease stressed the game was built from the ground up and since then there wasn’t a shred of evidence of the contrary, not even a leak from an anonymous source.

Blizzard stressed that they would increase communication and how did that work out? That one knucklehead said that the response to D:I was 'muted' at the shareholders meeting. They say lots of things, some are true, some aren't, some are serious stretches of the truth. Unless you or I are working there, neither of us knows the truth. You take everything they say as fact, I am way more skeptical because there is a of a lot of evidence to the contrary that what they say is believable.

That mobile trash might be reskinned or Frankenstein'd together, might not, but I wont trust their word on it.
Hell no!

Blizzard has said a lot of things, few have proven true so far when it comes to Diablo in the last several years. Remember when they said they were going to give every legendary item an affix? How about that they'll improve communication with the community? How about when they told us they are listening on multiple occassions? How about how they'll release exciting new content, just to give us Primals which is not content at all?

We don't have proof they aren't building it from the ground up, but you don't have evidence to prove they actually are doing just that. Other than their word. Given their past actions, they have shown that their word has very little value, especially to them.
02/12/2019 08:52 AMPosted by Zeddicuus

Blizzard has said a lot of things, few have proven true so far when it comes to Diablo in the last several years. Remember when they said they were going to give every legendary item an affix? How about that they'll improve communication with the community? How about when they told us they are listening on multiple occassions? How about how they'll release exciting new content, just to give us Primals which is not content at all?

We don't have proof they aren't building it from the ground up, but you don't have evidence to prove they actually are doing just that. Other than their word. Given their past actions, they have shown that their word has very little value, especially to them.

I just want people to point what is that so-called evidence that it's a reskin... But simply saying it without providing any proof just isn't convincing.
Nope. I'll read the live feeds and the write-up's when its over.
I think Beto's rally at the wall had more attendees than Blizzcon 2019 will.
02/12/2019 09:32 AMPosted by Negator

Ah politics.

Beto had around 7000+ (estimated by law enforcement). Blizzcon 2018 was around 40,000. Pretty sure Blizzcon 2019 will have way more than 7k, even if they are not Diablo players.
02/12/2019 09:37 AMPosted by MissCheetah
02/12/2019 09:32 AMPosted by Negator

Ah politics.

Beto had around 7000+ (estimated by law enforcement). Blizzcon 2018 was around 40,000. Pretty sure Blizzcon 2019 will have way more than 7k, even if they are not Diablo players.

Agreed.