Season 16 Extension

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
Season 16 has proved to be our most popular Themed Season yet, and we’re glad to hear so many of you are enjoying experimenting with the Ring of Royal Grandeur buff. We’ve seen some really cool and unique builds come out of community theorycrafting and seeing them play out in practice has been exciting! We have plans for Season 17, but they are going to need some time for us to test both internally and via PTR closer to launch.

To accommodate both the desire we’ve heard for an extension of Season 16 as well as to give us more time to prepare Season 17 (and Patch 2.6.5), we are moving the Season 16 end date to May 12.

We hope that you’re enjoying the change-up to your gameplay during the Season of Grandeur and can’t wait to share with you what we’ve got in store for our next theme.
Nice
With trying to resolve lag in high grs, and an extension, I hope this means you'll mess around with increasing density in grs? and make more maps similar to festering woods.
You're right, it's two birds with one stone. Great, I love it!

I'm really having a blast this season, it's surprisingly engaging and I don't even know why - it's not just the Season theme, the balance patch is really cool as well. Take your time, no need to rush things. I rather have two to three seasons a year with creative, engaging season themes than five that feel all more or less the same.
So there is a patch coming?

Makes some sense, by S16 you've exhausted all seasonal portrait frame sets added to the game. New ones need to be added.

Anyway, I'm currently taking a break from the season and D3 entirely, at least I'll know there'll still be plenty of time to return to continue S16.
Awesome!!!
I like that you guys are testing and everything for season 17, but a 4 month long season is a bit too much... could the end date be 1 month earlier? probably would keep more people playing during that time.
She´s alive, seems not all is lost.
Extra 2 MONTHS? Wow. Must be some giant patch you're working on :)
This is a horrible idea. The start of a season and the first month or two are always so hype. I was just talking to a friend about my hype for next season and this post has just ruined so much hype. Shorter seasons would result in more active players.
Season way too long. I already was looking forward for S17 in mid march.
HUGE disappointment.
I have not been gaming for a few weeks due to a back injury, so I admit, this makes me happy. I still want those wings.

Thanks for the update and for posting it here!
02/22/2019 10:50 AMPosted by Kibö
I like that you guys are testing and everything for season 17, but a 4 month long season is a bit too much... could the end date be 1 month earlier? probably would keep more people playing during that time.

There were two options in this situation: [1] end the Season at the normal time (or extend a month, in your example), and create a long downtime between Seasons or [2] extend the Season to May 12 and let people to play around with the Ring of Royal Grandeur buff longer.

The latter seems like a better option because a lot of folks expressed interest in spending more time playing with the buff. Extending it doesn't impact our testing time or needs, and seems like a better win (for everyone!) overall. :)
Cant wait to farm more 150's with no way of going any higher this is gonna be so great
"is this an out of season april fools joke?"

u really wanna the complete top 1000 runnin GR150 ?
02/22/2019 11:10 AMPosted by Nevalistis

There were two options in this situation: [1] end the Season at the normal time (or extend a month, in your example), and create a long downtime between Seasons or [2] extend the Season to May 12 and let people to play around with the Ring of Royal Grandeur buff longer.

The latter seems like a better option because a lot of folks expressed interest in spending more time playing with the buff. Extending it doesn't impact our testing time or needs, and seems like a better win (for everyone!) overall. :)

Can we get a preview of patch 2.6.5 soon & play it on the PTR?
02/22/2019 11:16 AMPosted by TazzDevil
"is this an out of season april fools joke?"

u really wanna the complete top 1000 runnin GR150 ?

I wish this was an out of season april fools joke. This is almost as bad as Diablo Immortals announcement
Absolutely the worst decision from the worst developers. Nobody want to grind paragon for 4months straight, i was actually looking forward to the 2month season for a change and came back after 4 seasons off because of it and now it extended cause you guys have no clue where to go next after the season of grandeur. No wonder this game is DEAD.
And then we doubled the season length..
02/22/2019 11:10 AMPosted by Nevalistis

Im not directly concerned because i don't play season anymore since a moment. Just wanted to say to you seem to forgot that people still plays this game to compete and plan EVERYTHING on how they handle their season for end game push with end dates given on announcement. It can be ok to extend a week or 2, but 2months is litterally ridiculus.
This is disappointing news for someone who's group planned for a 2 months season to push 4 player. Is the GR cap at least being increased next season? Presumably we will be stronger next season and its already to the point where people will be farming for faster GR150 times.