Season 16 Ends May 12

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 10 11 12 14 Next
Well since I have already gotten tired of this season, and have stopped playing it. Making the season longer just keeps me out longer. So goes it for many of my friends. You can keep the attention of your players by keeping seasons to a limited time frame. There is only so many time that anyone wants to keep doing the same thing over and over and over and over and.... it just looses its appeal to almost everyone. I have never shot for getting 2k+ paragon and still never plan to. The long seasons just seems to keep so many ppl from staying involved for longer than a few weeks, like 6 or so, and seems to keep some from even coming back.
02/22/2019 11:03 AMPosted by LazyBoy
Extra 2 MONTHS? Wow. Must be some giant patch you're working on :)
A season is 3 months. The season started Jan 18. That would make the season end April 18 (Jan 18 to Feb 18, then Feb 18 to Mar 18, then Mar 18 to Apr 18). They only extended one month.
The long seasons ...

Good grief, a "season" is typically 3 months. Most D3 seasons have been (amazingly enough) roughly 3 months long.

Yes having season 16 go for 4 months does in fact make it a "long season" by definition. However it would be the first one to go very much beyond the 3 month mark.

And seriously if the only reason you're playing the game is the season stuff you're probably not that much into the game anyway.
Hi Nevalistis, my opinion about the season length is D3 has 7 character types and each one has 4 sets so there are so many different things to try with the RoRG. I'm extremely happy to have the season extended. I'm still working on the season achievements. I died like 4 times this season and finally got a relatively safe build and GR70. I love this game!!
There are always more than one points of view, for example for you new season preferably means something new to add and excitement for new builds and mechanics, i get it. But you should consider that that's your side of things.
For me that a season start means exciting massive racing i don't fully understand why you can't add to the next season what mechanic/item etc you have already prepared and need to delay dates to add it :) just saying
02/22/2019 10:25 AMPosted by Nevalistis

To accommodate both the desire we’ve heard for an extension of Season 16 as well as to give us more time to prepare Season 17 (and Patch 2.6.5), we are moving the Season 16 end date to May 12.

We hope that you’re enjoying the change-up to your gameplay during the Season of Grandeur and can’t wait to share with you what we’ve got in store for our next theme.

Now that post is a cringe compilation in itself. Extending D3 seasons when they're already too long (non-morons typically lose any interest after a week as that's when P1 and P2 GR clears start depending on high Paragon levels obtained through mindless P4 G4 XP farming).

Changing up what set is best from season to season (but not always though as doing it consistently and then not doing for for multiple seasons is a great idea) isn't a "change-up to your gameplay" it's a joke at best.
04/02/2019 05:41 PMPosted by hewndew
The long seasons ...

Good grief, a "season" is typically 3 months. Most D3 seasons have been (amazingly enough) roughly 3 months long.

Yes having season 16 go for 4 months does in fact make it a "long season" by definition. However it would be the first one to go very much beyond the 3 month mark.

And seriously if the only reason you're playing the game is the season stuff you're probably not that much into the game anyway.

Season 1
Start date: Aug 29 2014, End date Feb 03 2015.
Duration 159 days
Are we going to buff the necro next patch? Worthless now in group play.
02/22/2019 11:10 AMPosted by MissCheetah
I have not been gaming for a few weeks due to a back injury, so I admit, this makes me happy. I still want those wings.

Thanks for the update and for posting it here!

I couldnt agree more... Some of us are unable to sit at the game for hours on end but we still want the perks but just need more time. This time frame helps a lot! Especially for those of us who are lacking in the wing department lol
This is my first season playing so I'm sure this will be somewhere else, but how long will we have after the season ends to reorganize our stash in NS to try fitting the new haul of loot from season 16 into it? Is it like a month or so? Will it be possible that season 17 will launch and everyone will have a chance to get another stash tab before our mail from season 16 expires?
04/10/2019 10:54 AMPosted by McGromit
This is my first season playing so I'm sure this will be somewhere else, but how long will we have after the season ends to reorganize our stash in NS to try fitting the new haul of loot from season 16 into it? Is it like a month or so? Will it be possible that season 17 will launch and everyone will have a chance to get another stash tab before our mail from season 16 expires?

30 days after game login to claim the items from your mail.
So is everyone still happy about the extension? If it ha ended in March likely originally planned we'd be 3-4 weeks into S17 now. If it was a normal 3 month season it would be ending next week and S17 would be right around the corner. As it stands we're still 30 days away from the end of S16. While I am hopeful S17 will start the friday following the end of S16 Blizz has shown this is more often than not not the case.
So basically are we all having fun in S16 still? You got 30 days left in you?
So... season was extended two months to test the 5 new stash tabs we are getting?
Oh wait, no.
02/22/2019 10:32 AMPosted by Brad
Nice
With trying to resolve lag in high grs, and an extension, I hope this means you'll mess around with increasing density in grs? and make more maps similar to festering woods.

1) @Brad: Good point about some map tweaks. Too many current GR maps feel like running through a semi-empty intestine. More open maps would definitely be welcome!

2) My three pence: I think that the upcoming season's theme feature of Ancient Legendary items acting as a "set trigger" of their own is arguably the best idea in a long time. After the season, it would be awesome to see this become a permanent fixture in the game and dispense with the Legacy of Nightmares set altogether.
I see this as neither good news or bad news. I'm disappointed I now have to wait another month before I can get the gear onto the character that playing this season was the reason. So I just play other games or do other stuff for another month.
"most popular Themed Season yet"
Are you joking..?
Shure, if you mean trashing T13 to oblivion, why not. If you mean doing 150 at max lvl cause you have everthing maxed why not. Hell, if you roll a DH and are lucky on loot you can trash 100 in less then 1 week (if you get lucky that is)
Most of us can only dream of getting that high tho'..
Is that what RNG means...? Strange.. cause I've been playing 5+ years and i dont seem to have this much luck but hell, i dont care, as long as the game is fun. But thats the prob. It's not. It's no fun anymore. You just keep running the same dungeons, hoping to get better loot. The difference between us "normal" players and these "chineese/russian" farmers has gotten to a point where its just ....well it's just gotten completely rediculous.. I dont mind loosing against other/better players. I dont mind waiting for some random stuff to drop. But WTF???!!!, Playing for years and nothing really decent drops...? Whats up with that...??? Shure, i get the occasional cool loot. Like once every 3 months. Yes. Then i check the top 100 and they're like ... full perfect stuff and doing 150 solo... ??? WTF???
Then i tell myself, maybe i dont play enough. Maybe i'm just not good enough. Maybe kids these days have better reflexes then i do. Maybe i'm just not lucky enough. And it's ok. As long as I'm having fun it's ok. (and most of the time i really do have fun) So I try not to let it bother me too much. It's just a game anyways. But I can't help but think: how the "F" these other players keep getting these beautifull/perfect loots... and not just 1 piece. No. They're completely full set...WTF??????
So I go back to WOW. For a while. Untill i get bored with Wow. And i go back to Dablo. So maybe, just maybe, that's exactly the marketing strategy Blizzard is doing: making people switch between games to keep them from getting too frustrated.... then again, if someone could suggest a cool alternative to try: I'm game ;-)
Is there a problem with 2.6.5?
Would love to hear something about season 17 start date. If there is no communication I fear something went wrong and the new season got delayed further...

Really hyped for the new season, dont know exactly why but I love the fresh start and it´s a pretty long time since the last.
They posted the same photo on their Twitter and Facebook pages last Friday. I think Nev was too busy with the PTR closing and dealing with related issues to that to get the blog up. Blogs usually come out on Fridays, so we should get one get it tomorrow. I suspect next season will be about the same length as the current one or a bit longer for two main reasons:

The patch introduces new difficulty levels along with other "improvements".

The Season Journey panel also received some changes in that you can view all chapters from the next patch on.

There will be other changes which will be taking place (within the Journey, perhaps?) that were pointed out just as the PTR closed that could have affected the blog post to the point where last week's deadline was missed. Speculation, yes, but educated speculation.
I really hope they post the start date of Season 17 soon. As someone who works on weekends I am never really given the opportunity to participate on launch. That being said; I am trying to get work off for the start of 17.

Any guesses? I would hope for a 5/1719 (US) start since it is season 17.

Hope I am right! I may have already took that weekend off just in case :)
05/03/2019 02:24 AMPosted by MoM
Any guesses?

My guess...
    12th May (Sunday) - End of Season 16
    14th May (Tuesday) - Patch 2.6.5 released to live
    24th May (Friday) - Start of Season 17

This would let them have over a week to do any emergency fixes for things caused by 2.6.5 before they impacted on the incoming season leaderboards.