Season 16 Extension

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 11 Next
themed seasons are ok, but what about content?
new classes, sets, legendaries, events, skills, runes, mobs, rifts, bosses? druid dlc for example
i think even if devs gave up on expansions, some content should be added regularly even if in form of dlc
As someone who has played all the seasons, I do have trouble with this because I don't understand why you can't/couldn't keep the seasons on schedule while also releasing whatever patch you have planned. Which leads me to believe you're actually adding/changing some significant things like items, and quality of life features like more stash space. If however when you show the patch you're theoretically working on and it's just another number change patch, I'll be very disappointed and confused as to why you delayed a season for basically no reason.

So, guess I'm cautiously optimistic? But really been burned far too many times by D3 team so I'm expecting very little and this is just a 2 month extension that basically no one really wanted.
Any chance in getting those Angelic Wings in the future patch/season?
I'm sure my opinion will go down like a lead balloon, but on behalf of myself and anyone else in a similar situation I'm quite pleased with this. A 2 month season isn't the norm, they are usually 3 or 4 months. 3 is probably optimal.
It gives me a better chance of getting the wings on all servers, and as a solo player to progress on the chosen few.
So thank you
02/24/2019 10:29 AMPosted by Andrzej

I am sorry but that is highly unlikely. Those were part of the Vanilla Collector's Edition. Things in Collector's Editions are exclusive to them - that is why they are called Collector's Editions and why people compete to buy them. Making things from the CE available later devalues the CE and can impact future CE sales - why buy it then when you can get the same stuff later?
Sometimes "the blues" claim to know nothing about what's going on at Blizzard and now it's like the exact opposite:
"Extending it doesn't impact our testing time or needs, and seems like a better win (for everyone!) overall. :)"
02/24/2019 10:59 AMPosted by MissCheetah

I am sorry but that is highly unlikely. Those were part of the Vanilla Collector's Edition. Things in Collector's Editions are exclusive to them - that is why they are called Collector's Editions and why people compete to buy them. Making things from the CE available later devalues the CE and can impact future CE sales - why buy it then when you can get the same stuff later?

A new pair of Angelic Wings perhaps - distinct from the CE versions?
02/24/2019 11:17 AMPosted by Andrzej
02/24/2019 10:59 AMPosted by MissCheetah

There have been wings as Season rewards in the past so certainly anything is possible. They just won't do the exact same thing again.
Assuming the reward pattern stays as it is, the next time wings will be seasonal reward is going to be S20. Remember, the reward rotation is pet->pennant->pet->wings and then it repeats. I wouldn't object if they broke that pattern though.

That said I'll be looking forward to the next pair of wings.

I'm sorry, but no. Exclusives are named that way for a reason. If that was the case, then I'd like to see portraits, banners, etc. of previous Seasons make a return, but we know that only cheapens the effort of the players who actually spent the time acquiring them.

I would however be happy if they made new Angelic Wings as a Seasonal reward (since this season is already wings, we'll need to wait for another 4 more Seasons for another pair).

That said, I'm keeping my expectations super low as to what comes out of 2.6.5.

I'll still test it, like the many other PTR patches and tests I've done in the past.
It will be awesome if we have some new legendary for some build
02/24/2019 12:39 PMPosted by Kirottu
Assuming the reward pattern stays as it is, the next time wings will be seasonal reward is going to be S20. Remember, the reward rotation is pet->pennant->pet->wings and then it repeats. I wouldn't object if they broke that pattern though.

That said I'll be looking forward to the next pair of wings.

we need this dude :D
chapter 1 - Ramaladni gift
chapter 2 - Haedrig’s gift
chapter 3 - Haedrig’s gift
chapter 4 - Haedrig’s gift
chapter 5 - pet
chapter 6 - pennant
chapter 7 - wings
chapter 8 - stash tab
chapter 9 - character slot

swee-swee-sweeeeeeet! ^_^
The one thing I wish I could do with Seasons is have an option to end the season on my account which moves the character to non-season and I could start fresh all over on the same season; no paragon, gear, etc.

I was going to explain why...but why? I'd use it several times throughout a season, but if someone needs an explanation then it's because I'm weird.
I wonder why they hesitate so much to let us have the 2 extra stash tabs as season rewards. (One page is half empty )
I don't agree with this change.

The seasons are always dead after the first month.
02/24/2019 11:35 PMPosted by Soifon
I don't agree with this change.

The seasons are always dead after the first month.

Mostly because people don't pace themselves.
02/22/2019 12:35 PMPosted by BrownieMix
am I right in thinking that four months will not necessarily be the norm going forward?

That's correct. We're still aiming for 3 months as our guideline; that seems to be the sweet spot for most people. We just need a little extra time for S17.

i just hope this extra time is worth the wait and bring something different, i dont know if you guys realize that we are playing/doing the same things over and over since years now. Pretty sure tho, we will just see another boring season again, and people will ask themselves what you needed this extra time for.
02/24/2019 11:25 AMPosted by MissCheetah
02/24/2019 11:17 AMPosted by Andrzej

There have been wings as Season rewards in the past so certainly anything is possible. They just won't do the exact same thing again.
Everything is possible with the right price.
Instead of wings, a goblin that hangs onto your back with a bag of treasure or gold and gold particles fly out the bag while running and flipping etc.
I'm having a great season May 12 is fine. Love the game and what you do . TY.