Season 16 Ends May 12

Blizzard Archive
Prev 1 6 7 8 14 Next
LOL - love the spin, Nev. Keep up the good work!

That's correct. We're still aiming for 3 months as our guideline; that seems to be the sweet spot for most people. We just need a little extra time for S17.

i just hope this extra time is worth the wait and bring something different, i dont know if you guys realize that we are playing/doing the same things over and over since years now. Pretty sure tho, we will just see another boring season again, and people will ask themselves what you needed this extra time for.

The same is true for D2 and still many are playing that game without any mods. Although I do play D2 with the mod Median XL, but that is just me.

What I am trying to say that only a few games will keep changing things where they never are the same game. Basically you will be doing the same things in the same games.

02/25/2019 01:51 AMPosted by Andrzej
Everything is possible with the right price.

Wrong, it won't be done because that exclusiveness for others would be lost. That is like saying the first 100 players of game x (an MMO with paid subs (think WoW)) will receive a founders pet (cosmetic). That is because the game company considers the first 100 players as founders of the game. And they are the only ones to get the founders pet. If years down the road everyone else got that founder pet then the ones that are still there that are the original founders (first 100 players)) won't feel like that pet is so special. Also the company would be seen as a liar. Because they said that only 100 would get that pet and that won't change over time.
here is little idea for hoarding Puzzle Rings, why not make them merge in cube to be level 2,3,4.. ring with bigger grade open valut level 2...with more gold and primal chanse... it is boring to do valuts over and over so you end up hoarding those rings this way hoarding have meaning...
With the season extended, maybe the D3 team will have the opportunity to integrate community feedback and go through more than one PTR iteration?

At this point it wouldn't take much to exceed our expectations.
How about making an offline mode for PC version, so we can mod the sh... out of this game?
Why don't you ban the botter,s , and not just a hand full all of them and do it every 3 weeks ! so they stay gone
Add a paragon cap in the next season so we have a chance to be compete with the bots, then again there bot will farm bounties all day and reforge primals and run there scripts :/ sad you have rules and cant do more about it.
02/22/2019 10:25 AMPosted by Nevalistis
Season 16 has proved to be our most popular Themed Season yet, and we’re glad to hear so many of you are enjoying experimenting with the Ring of Royal Grandeur buff. We’ve seen some really cool and unique builds come out of community theorycrafting and seeing them play out in practice has been exciting! We have plans for Season 17, but they are going to need some time for us to test both internally and via PTR closer to launch.

To accommodate both the desire we’ve heard for an extension of Season 16 as well as to give us more time to prepare Season 17 (and Patch 2.6.5), we are moving the Season 16 end date to May 12.

We hope that you’re enjoying the change-up to your gameplay during the Season of Grandeur and can’t wait to share with you what we’ve got in store for our next theme.

Just say the real truth....you are extending this season so your "Mobile" team can work hard at pushing out their agenda and work hard and diligently to give out micro-transactions. Goodbye Diablo 3. I wouldn't say you were the best game but you had such potential. I can see why fans, including myself are still stung by last blizzcon.

Thank you
really nice news d3 team! iv been enjoying season 16 on Hc alot this year <3 glad the season is a bit longer! So you have time to make s17 the best ever.
At the beginning seasons used to be 6 months long so 4 month is nothing lol
02/25/2019 09:37 PMPosted by Hellsspawn
Just say the real truth....you are extending this season so your "Mobile" team can work hard at pushing out their agenda and work hard and diligently to give out micro-transactions. Goodbye Diablo 3. I wouldn't say you were the best game but you had such potential. I can see why fans, including myself are still stung by last blizzcon.

Thank you

I highly doubt that the incubation team (Wyatt's team) is working on this game as well as mobile.
02/23/2019 06:01 AMPosted by Baron
02/23/2019 03:17 AMPosted by Randomice
Stop being ignorrant. You cannot compare a multi title company to a company devoted to one game. Its no fair comparison at all.. Blizzard never pumped out content like GGG has and can never do!

Yes he can. When you buy a car, you don't care how many people are working on it. The only thing that matters to you is the best possible product. But if you still want to elaborate, answer these questions first:
How big are blizz and GGG and how many resources they have?
What portion of actblizz resources is directed to Diablo's franchise and why?
How much content did D3 get in comparison to other titles?

I think GGG has tripple the amount working on poe so
i'm so happy!
Neverlisten is back with great news as usual!
I'm glad to be able to play the same thing for a long time.
I hope this time warm even more the forges!
02/22/2019 02:39 PMPosted by Laurcus
02/22/2019 11:10 AMPosted by Nevalistis

There were two options in this situation: [1] end the Season at the normal time (or extend a month, in your example), and create a long downtime between Seasons or [2] extend the Season to May 12 and let people to play around with the Ring of Royal Grandeur buff longer.

The latter seems like a better option because a lot of folks expressed interest in spending more time playing with the buff. Extending it doesn't impact our testing time or needs, and seems like a better win (for everyone!) overall. :)

Good stuff. My first thought was, "Why not end in April?" The fact that you've immediately addressed what would have been the most common line of reasoning is very good.

This is the kind of increased communication that the community has been craving for so long.

Now just buff the density of garbage maps and nerf succubi/goats and you'll be full Mastered Ultra Instinct. :)

If they did finish the season 16 in April people would say " Is this a Aprils fools " :P
When can we expect a PTR date?
02/26/2019 02:48 PMPosted by Thanatos

I am speculating that it will be anywhere between 2 to about four weeks from now. Meaning that we will get a date for the PTR probably around mid-late March. That is if they want us to test a lot of things. If it is just a numbers tweek that only requires a week or two of testing then it would be around the end of March to mid-April.

Speculation mode on

I wanted to say what I think that they could be doing that would need testing outside of some numbers tweek which might be what we get this time around, although I am hoping it won't be.

Paragon 3.0: A vast improvement on the paragon system. Highest hopes is that they make it where they can allow us to advance our characters without always resorting to more main stat. Where we get a tab that will allow us to spend points into the skills that we choose to spend them on. Then they can either greatly lower the damage multipliers of sets or remove them all together. But an improvement where it isn't always about main stat and better stats for some of the other tabs would be an improvement.

Legendary gems: While there are some useful gems the majority are only useful in certain situations. There is no competition for gems like Bane of the Stricken or Bane of the Trapped for GR pushing. We would love to have some meaningful choices for those two gems.

More recipes for the cube: Cube recipes that would need to be tested to see if they work as they are suppose to work.

Allowing us to change one primary affix and one secondary affix on gear would also be something that might need testing.

Edit forgot one new legendary powers: This could mean that the Legendaries that don't have any special powers will get one or they can make new legedaries with new orange text for testing.
Done speculating.
02/22/2019 11:10 AMPosted by Nevalistis
02/22/2019 10:50 AMPosted by Kibö
I like that you guys are testing and everything for season 17, but a 4 month long season is a bit too much... could the end date be 1 month earlier? probably would keep more people playing during that time.

There were two options in this situation: [1] end the Season at the normal time (or extend a month, in your example), and create a long downtime between Seasons or [2] extend the Season to May 12 and let people to play around with the Ring of Royal Grandeur buff longer.

The latter seems like a better option because a lot of folks expressed interest in spending more time playing with the buff. Extending it doesn't impact our testing time or needs, and seems like a better win (for everyone!) overall. :)

OR:
Option 3 - could have started working on S17 code back in early January
Option 4 - could kick S17 out with no change and work on S18 great patch while season 17 is going (kinda what should have happened during 16)
02/26/2019 09:11 PMPosted by ShadowAegis
02/26/2019 02:48 PMPosted by Thanatos

I am speculating that it will be anywhere between 2 to about four weeks from now. Meaning that we will get a date for the PTR probably around mid-late March. That is if they want us to test a lot of things. If it is just a numbers tweek that only requires a week or two of testing then it would be around the end of March to mid-April.

Speculation mode on

I wanted to say what I think that they could be doing that would need testing outside of some numbers tweek which might be what we get this time around, although I am hoping it won't be.

Paragon 3.0: A vast improvement on the paragon system. Highest hopes is that they make it where they can allow us to advance our characters without always resorting to more main stat. Where we get a tab that will allow us to spend points into the skills that we choose to spend them on. Then they can either greatly lower the damage multipliers of sets or remove them all together. But an improvement where it isn't always about main stat and better stats for some of the other tabs would be an improvement.

Legendary gems: While there are some useful gems the majority are only useful in certain situations. There is no competition for gems like Bane of the Stricken or Bane of the Trapped for GR pushing. We would love to have some meaningful choices for those two gems.

More recipes for the cube: Cube recipes that would need to be tested to see if they work as they are suppose to work.

Allowing us to change one primary affix and one secondary affix on gear would also be something that might need testing.

Edit forgot one new legendary powers: This could mean that the Legendaries that don't have any special powers will get one or they can make new legedaries with new orange text for testing.
Done speculating.

Well to be honest I think that it could be awesome to see that rare items would be part of the game again.

- I remember when it was fun to hunt the rare items, to pick it up to see the stats. Now we just directly salvage the gear to collect mats to craft either set or legendary items.
any chance the Blackthorne's Battlegear set be usable? or just remove it. =/