Season 17 Double XP

General Discussion
Double XP
I doubt it, seems like S16's rorg was well received and we will see a different mechanic effect for S17 instead of just a double this effect.
02/23/2019 04:29 PMPosted by Jumpman
Double XP

That would be about as good as you suggesting double jump.
I'd like to see a "follower season". Followers gain 5X Primary Stats from gear.
S17: No legendary drops, can only join Public sessions, only T13 available when you hit 70.
XP time 4.
02/23/2019 04:29 PMPosted by Jumpman
Double XP

Your suggestion is bad and you should feel bad.
02/23/2019 08:08 PMPosted by Avalanch07
I'd like to see a "follower season". Followers gain 5X Primary Stats from gear.
Make it x100000 and they´re still gonna be useless tbh
I wouldnt be surprised to see another legendary bonus as the season theme.

Like free In-Geom.

Though i would prefer seeing some more complex season theme buffs/nerfs.

Like an increase to legendary effects with a reduction to set bonuses. To encourage non set builds.

or a legendary gem focused theme, where legendary gems that deal damage have increased power, i.e toxins, mirenai, pain enhancer etc.

or a bonus to proc coefficents across the board to encourage proc bassed builds. perhpas combined with the enhanced legendary effect idea. Myabe find some use for legendaries like Rimeheart for example.

Remembering that always going for higher GR's shouldnt be the aim, but rather the enjoyment of playing somthign different being the aim. if that means nerfing somthing and buffing somthing else, even if it means that instead of aiming for GR 140 ur now looking at 100 as the season goal for top groups, then thats fine.
Double xp follows there theme of "doubling it" and this would allow casuals the opportunity to catch up to bots. I wouldnt be suprised at all so see a season with double sp. Weve already had double gobs, double bountys mats, so double XP is the next logical choice.
02/24/2019 08:42 AMPosted by Jumpman
Double xp follows there theme of "doubling it" and this would allow casuals the opportunity to catch up to bots. I wouldnt be suprised at all so see a season with double sp. Weve already had double gobs, double bountys mats, so double XP is the next logical choice.

A few things:

1) We DO NOT WANT them to keep following the "doubling it" theme.

2) The bots would be getting the double XP bonus as well, so it doesn't help anyone catch up to bots.

3) It would be pretty dumb to think they needed to extend the Season by as long as they did - and have an internal PTR - to test out a double experience buff.
How about a rework of set bonuses to 2,3, and 4 pieces, but you can only have the effect of 1 4pc bonus at any one time?

Seems easy enough to put into motion, but would be something they would want to test internally.

That does not answer the season theme question though, maybe it is something we unlock that gives us that power altogether? A sort of side quest or something?

Anyone good at game design, would it be that hard to lower the set requirement numbers? I would assume the hard part would be locking in the bonus of only one 4 piece. Would likely need to add some sort of icon or action button to choose which one. Which honestly would open up an even more cool method where the players can swap 4pc bonuses mid fight?
i could see them do the next most popular ring. Convention of elements buff
It's called rat runs.

Or these days, any speed run with DHs and charge barbs.

Get all the XPs you want.
02/24/2019 11:37 AMPosted by TheImp
i could see them do the next most popular ring. Convention of elements buff

Boring.
double xp means getting bored twice as fast no?
02/24/2019 08:42 AMPosted by Jumpman
this would allow casuals the opportunity to catch up to bots.

rofl.
How about doubling the patch, this time?
What about a LoN season, you only benefit from no other sets active. think how it would affect current LoN builds to actually have free Ring slots.

We have a season where only sets benefit, how about a season where non-sets benefit.
A double passive season would be good, able to pick 8 passives instead of 4, that would lead to some interesting builds.