How is Vyrs this season?

Wizard
How is the archon build this season? I mean, like the lightning manald heal one, and not reverse archon.

For this season, since you can use the swami, what then will take it's place in the cube?
Your best bet is probably leorics in cube.

Archon isnt bad or anything. Just that a vyrs manald archon caps out at 90 speeds for most of the casual players (2k+ and augmented gear, theres 95+ speeds possible i think).

The double damage buff really obly means +4-5 griftlvls and the free bonus slot is just some cdr. Not enough to get comfortable archondowntime without orotz, nor a huge damagebuffing thing if you ask me :/
AWFUL

It is awful every season because Blizzard REFUSES to fix the one fundamental problem with it: IT DOESN'T GIVE YOU PERMA ARCHON UPTIME. So even though the set ONLY buffs Archon and leaves you COMPLETELY Fed when Archon ends, which is the majority of the time I am using the set, the set provides ZERO BENEFIT OUTSIDE OF ARCHON.

This could be ENTIRELY FIXED by having Fazula's Improbable Chain provide 40 stacks of the buff even outside Archon.

Also Orb of Improbable Depths is still MASSIVELY FKING OVERPOWERED while Mantle of Channeling is MASSIVELY FKING UNDERPOWERED.

Which player needs more defense? One that needs to stay still to channel destruct or one that is constantly moving?
Answer: One that is staying still to channel.

Which spell is the most signature Wizardey spell, the stupid game mechanic bull!@#$ dumb looking dumbsounding Explosive Blast or the awe inspiring completely amazeballs Destruction?
Answer: Destruction.

FIX THESE TWO FING ITEMS BLIZZARD.
I have cleared 106 with Archon Chantodo, 14,5k main stat. 10 tries, 12:40 time. It is fine for me. Not op, but with 18-20k main stat I might went into EU leaderboards (112 gr).

It seems like it is 5-8 gr's behind equally geared tal meteor.
I used Vyr until last season without buff of rorg.

I reached 108 with Vyr and Chantodo 2 seasons ago. I love Vyr, but atm is not so useful.
I am playing a vyr frozen orb build and cleared 125 this season, I can still go a bit higher. If you are interesting about the gameplay :
https://youtu.be/j4vwBmm-Ayc

Compared to last patch, I am playing leoric crown to get the right cdr and replaced gogok for trapped so with the vyr buff and the trapped the build got a really good buff.
03/15/2019 02:51 AMPosted by LouLou
I am playing a vyr frozen orb build and cleared 125 this season, I can still go a bit higher. If you are interesting about the gameplay :
https://youtu.be/j4vwBmm-Ayc

Compared to last patch, I am playing leoric crown to get the right cdr and replaced gogok for trapped so with the vyr buff and the trapped the build got a really good buff.

Masterful gameplay, really enjoyed the video thanks!
03/14/2019 03:03 PMPosted by Sapphyre

I reached 108 with Vyr and Chantodo 2 seasons ago. I love Vyr, but atm is not so useful.

Really? Thanks for the info, hmm with about 4x the power this season (4x plus AS scaling so realistically maybe 6-8x power overall) this might make it push viable and competitive with LoN builds next season??

I mean LoN buff really isn't super great for us, we get way more defense and utility but everyone can wear CoE or ORotZ so I can't see our stuff shooting up in LoN any further than they already are. However this Chants Vyr's is going to be a godly amount of extra damage!

Necros are the ones that just became Gods again
after having a lackluster season finally.
03/30/2019 05:52 PMPosted by MasterJay
03/14/2019 03:03 PMPosted by Sapphyre

Really? Thanks for the info, hmm with about 4x the power this season (4x plus AS scaling so realistically maybe 6-8x power overall) this might make it push viable and competitive with LoN builds next season??

I mean LoN buff really isn't super great for us, we get way more defense and utility but everyone can wear CoE or ORotZ so I can't see our stuff shooting up in LoN any further than they already are. However this Chants Vyr's is going to be a godly amount of extra damage!

Necros are the ones that just became Gods again
after having a lackluster season finally.

Yep, I can show you my record if you want.
I consider myself a purist fan of the Vyr and "Vyr Chantodo" is its representation.
I played that build for many seasons, but unfortunately it was frustrating to play with so little damage, struggling to triple to reach competitive GR with a build "off mèta" and not viable.
However I loved it so much to challenge the other top performing builds.
Finally it has been buffed and I can reach other GRs without so many problems.
Yah it's good to know it will be able to run solo quite well, I'm more excited for it's group speed potential in the 100's to 110's. This can possibly go to 120's then solo, we'll see!