What is the best way to compete with bot users in DIII?

General Discussion
I wonder what could be the best way to compete with botters since a ladder seems to be an integral part of the core game and seasonal leagues.

Any tips or suggestions?

Thank you in advance
The best combat platform way is: Stop to play. There are no place for us: Humans playing. Blizzard do nothing to combat it. They just ban a bunch of accounts every 6 monthes. What is the same than nothing. They buy other account and screw it up the next 6 monthes.
If you play in party every time (i mean 4 same ppl along the season) you will maybe have a chance to do something good, Start the season well and go ASAP on the speed meta and stick to it the maximum time you can, but i will lie if i tell you that you can compete with botters.. You can't.

During the season i managed to hit rank 1 on 3 players (tier126 in early season) (EU), 132 in 4man pretty fast imo.. (i did not push anymore now, or just for fun).

I'd say you can "compete" with them in the first 2 weeks of the season, after its too late...
And now i just want to let you know that the highest para this season does not bot, they just share 1 account bewteen 2-3ppl not at the same timezone so they can have an uptime near 24h per day and farm like crazy.. Of course there are some botters, but now this method is better for them and they dont get any bans from that.
Before some 2000+ seasonal paragon player gives some drivel about botting in this thread, please post your seasonal leaderboard position so that we can check your seasonal hours. If you are that high in seasonal paragons, it is fair to expect that you are on the leaderboard. If not, there is a likely either a L2P issue or trying to intentionally hide something.
The best way ? Bot yourself.
02/17/2019 07:49 AMPosted by MicroRNA
Before some 2000+ seasonal paragon player gives some drivel about botting in this thread, please post your seasonal leaderboard position so that we can check your seasonal hours. If you are that high in seasonal paragons, it is fair to expect that you are on the leaderboard. If not, there is a likely either a L2P issue or trying to intentionally hide something.

Lol excuse me to blast seasonal mode... 216h seems pretty legit imo.
Quick reminder : The season is out since January 18..

If you want to check by yourself go to EU leaderboards, to find me just check tier 126 3p, rank 86.. You'll see that i dont hide anything and i dont need a "L2P" :)
Blizzard should just make a random captcha you have to enter before every rift/greater rift. I don't mind entering it in as long as it fixes the bot problem. Can be something simple/convenient for us but impossible for bots.
The best way, honestly, is to not care. Focus on yourself.
Ugh that's some serious stuff so far.

Does anyone know why Blizzard didn't do anything up til now actively against botters?

To swing the ban hammer every 6 months sounds like they either don't understand the situation as a whole so they're not able to evaluate the problem, or they don't understand the meaning of competitive games and what it means to players.

Are they not able to prevent botting because they lack the knowhow or are they willingly turn a blind eye to this situation to be able to resell new accounts to banned players every 6 months to generate income?

I mean it basically renders all competetive aspects of a coop ARPG fully meaningless in my opinion.
Bot software's memory read synch appears to need re-tweak after each hotfix, we don't know if that causes auto detection and a permanent ban but stalls them a few days for sure. At the end line of the season Blizzard also mass bans bots by large chunks to get rid of them so they can never recover by that time.

At the other hand your options are:
1. Ignoring them and keep playing. Most people who complain about bots taking over leaderboards never really push into leaderboards. If you push into leaderboards they eventually get banned at end weeks of season anyway.
2. Stop playing by being frustrated. There's nothing else beyond repetition if you're pushing for leaderboards, which is a name on a list and nothing beyond that. Game isn't designed to be competitive in the least at a fair sense.
3. Understand that Blizzard can tag hardware with identifiers of any botters' PC to prevent them from playing (that can be spoofed) or create a neural network anti-cheat (like Runescape) but they didn't because D3 don't have any form of other income for them to begin with.
4. Realize top players are abusing multiple bot accounts to farm and they never can be touched anyway as they keep their account clean to sell it later. It doesn't matter if you keep banning bots or not even if you pull constant bans. Try to cry yourself to sleep then re-read this list again with clear head at the morning.
Just play offline. :)
The same way we used to compete with botters in D2... we didn’t lol
02/17/2019 08:32 AMPosted by sAbi
02/17/2019 07:49 AMPosted by MicroRNA

Lol excuse me to blast seasonal mode... 216h seems pretty legit imo.
Quick reminder : The season is out since January 18..

If you want to check by yourself go to EU leaderboards, to find me just check tier 126 3p, rank 86.. You'll see that i dont hide anything and i dont need a "L2P" :)
This was not directed at you. There is someone else who pops up in botting threads who won't answer that question, raising red flags galore in consideration of his other comments.
they should crack up on cheaters and botters before diablo4 gets trendy to talk about ; just a hint, blizzard.

the state of late diablo3 will surely affect the sales of early diablo4.
make that emblem shiny again, blizz, its full of grime right now.

*is the average joe tempted to get into diablo4 if diablo 3 was a micro stuttering pos full of botters? perhaps not!
Just ignore the boards altogether. You'll be a lot happier :).
Ask brother Christopher to take over when sleeping/having bio break.
Play HC
People really think leaderboards are full of bots? Bots are not efficient and will get you banned if you push high. If you play in group and do speed meta for any free time you have, it's easily doable 3k paragon in 300-350 hours with nowadays speeds, bots who are doing 103-104s solo now can be maybe like around 2,5k with ridiculous amount of hours that they can't push with. You can't complete unless you play efficiently, nowadays that means you have to meta speeds 105+ under 3 mins to get most XP possible out of your time. Your paragon is 25 hours on these speeds, just L2P.
02/17/2019 08:59 PMPosted by Hulda
People really think leaderboards are full of bots? Bots are not efficient and will get you banned if you push high. If you play in group and do speed meta for any free time you have, it's easily doable 3k paragon in 300-350 hours with nowadays speeds, bots who are doing 103-104s solo now can be maybe like around 2,5k with ridiculous amount of hours that they can't push with. You can't complete unless you play efficiently, nowadays that means you have to meta speeds 105+ under 3 mins to get most XP possible out of your time. Your paragon is 25 hours on these speeds, just L2P.

Bots are used to farm gear, crafting materials and Paragon in high quantities, to be able to run much higher rifts in the end than the "law abiding" correct type of guy who always play by the rules, and of course to bypass the time consuming parts of DIII

In the end botters evaluate their own time in fact much higher then yours.

Other than that bots are not used for higher GRifts, they use bots rather to create the necessary conditions to run high GRifts by themselves. :)
02/17/2019 07:05 AMPosted by sAbi
I'd say you can "compete" with them in the first 2 weeks of the season, after its too late...

From the mathematical point of view, I would say that you would have a better shot competing at the end of the season rather than early to mid, simply because the exp requirements progress, so they get less and less advantage per time spent as the season goes on.

Plus if you're really commited there shouldnt be a problem getting up to 2.5-3k paragon during the season, which greatly diminishes the advantage they have over you and being able to compete no longer is about how much you farmed but more about how much are you willing to fish for the right rifts.