They are not listening

General Discussion
Nov 7, 2018. "We are listening"

Community gave extensive feedback that can be summed up as "we need more new PC content". You can read 100+ pages of feedback in one work day and make the decisions.

What is a new content? Classes, sets, skills, legendaries, rifts, bosses, mobs etc.
What is not a new content? "Themes", number changes.

Its March 2, 2019. 4 months passed and still no new content and there will be no new content till May. So, 6 months without new content. Ok.

If there will be no new content released for Season 17, i dont know, it cant be real that developers could be so out of touch with community. Its too long to wait till D4 (2-3 years?), new content is NEEDED NOW, for D3. Is that so hard to figure this out?
03/02/2019 07:30 AMPosted by TaintedFate
4 months passed and still no new content and there will be no new content till May

My fanboy side saying; "oh hey if they prolonged it this much they definitely cooking up something" while logic simply insist "sit the eff down there'll be another number change only". I'd like to get surprised actually.

Community gave extensive feedback that be summed up as "we need more new PC content". You can read 100+ pages of feedback in one work day and make the decisions.

What is a new content? Classes, sets, skills, legendaries, rifts, bosses, mobs etc.

Its March 2, 2019. 4 months passed and still no new content and there will be no new content till May. So, 6 months without new content. Ok.

If there will be no new content released for Season 17, i dont know, it cant be real that developers could be so out of touch with community. Its too long to wait till D4 (2-3 years?), new content is NEEDED NOW, for D3. Is that so hard to figure this out?

I agree with the part "new content is NEEDED NOW, for D3" the other part it's just "hey i love so much this game i need new content instead season theme". So it's ok too.
D3 is handled by the classic games division... That's where they do maintenance on old games and remaster old titles. The classic games team doesn't create new content.

This feedback they have been gathering will probably only be useful for a future game and not for D3.

What I'm expecting for season 17 is more builds made viable and an effect like the sage set bonus

Community gave extensive feedback that be summed up as "we need more new PC content". You can read 100+ pages of feedback in one work day and make the decisions.

Seasonal Themes could be content. Hopefully. Leagues are definitely content in PoE.
03/02/2019 08:59 AMPosted by Orrion
Leagues are definitely content in PoE.

https://youtu.be/JnwyTEJ6FKE
Yeah, look at this communication. Makes the fools at Blizzard look like a complete joke. They have no chance competing against GGG when you compare the two teams, how they operate and how they interact with their communities. Comparing PoE leagues with any Diablo 3 theme so far released is a complete farce. So many people hoping for something never communicated or displayed and so logically unlikely. I see no evidence that would give me any inclination to think that anything positive will be produced in the future for the Diablo franchise. No quality. No change. No communication. No faith is justified.
03/02/2019 08:59 AMPosted by Orrion
Seasonal Themes could be content. Hopefully. Leagues are definitely content in PoE.

PoE does basically a mini-expansion with their leagues, Blizz idea of a season is changing a couple numbers around, so no that doesn't count.
03/02/2019 08:50 AMPosted by Imperius
D3 is handled by the classic games division... That's where they do maintenance on old games and remaster old titles. The classic games team doesn't create new content.

This feedback they have been gathering will probably only be useful for a future game and not for D3.

What I'm expecting for season 17 is more builds made viable and an effect like the sage set bonus

I really don't get why people downvote this.
It's the plain truth.

The only "content" D3 will ever get in the future is a new pet from the BlizzCon 2019 Ticket and some recolored seasonal rewards.
03/02/2019 01:55 PMPosted by KNIGHTHOOD
03/02/2019 08:50 AMPosted by Imperius

I really don't get why people downvote this.
It's the plain truth.

The only "content" D3 will ever get in the future is a new pet from the BlizzCon 2019 Ticket and some recolored seasonal rewards.
that's because I'm the one saying it. That's what I mean when I say that downvotes don't mean much on this forum.
03/02/2019 02:03 PMPosted by Imperius
That's what I mean when I say that downvotes don't mean much on this forum.

So I guess everyone active on these forums just flipped a coin one day and against all odds, the coins all read down vote Imperious. No justification whatsoever. Wouldn’t have anything to do with the majority of your posts suggesting that you are an unmitigated fanboy and a discernible Blizzard shill.
03/02/2019 02:47 PMPosted by Gr8Hornytoad
03/02/2019 02:03 PMPosted by Imperius
That's what I mean when I say that downvotes don't mean much on this forum.

So I guess everyone active on these forums just flipped a coin one day and against all odds, the coins all read down vote Imperious. No justification whatsoever. Wouldn’t have anything to do with the majority of your posts suggesting that you are an unmitigated fanboy and a discernible Blizzard shill.

Yeah, I know... Being positive about the future at Blizzard is now somehow the greatest sin... That's why the most illinformed posts can get tons of thumbs up as long as they are trash talking Blizzard. Really, I don't see a reason why I should care about the public opinion...

And no I do not get paid by Blizzard and no... I don't plan on being angry at Blizzard for being envious of the mobile games market, because it's a company, not a charity.

Some things I don't like, some I do, but overall I just enjoy what I like and ignore what I don't like.
I may even think D:I I trash if I try it and absolutely hate it... But I won't be complaining about it day in and day out. Probably just a 2 or 3 stars review with a short explaination and that would be the extent of my outrage.
03/02/2019 03:31 PMPosted by Imperius
Yeah, I know... Being positive about the future at Blizzard is now somehow the greatest sin...

The greatest sin, no. Unrealistic, illogical, and possibly insulting, yes.

Blizzard for being envious

Envious, I would think greedy would be a more accurate term.

Some things I don't like, some I do, but overall I just enjoy what I like and ignore what I don't like.

If you enjoy the fact Blizzard created a Diablo mobile game, perhaps it’s not the brightest idea to shamelessly defend and promote it on the forums of a pc game full of people that were extremely disappointed with the whole Blizzcon debacle. You’re essentially an irritating voice constantly repeating “Do you guys not have phones “.
Being positive about the future at Blizzard is now somehow the greatest sin...

You're confusing straw lining empty arguments with being positive.
It feels like you can't be too negative about Diablo Immortal if you don't want to be considered a hater and you can't be too positive about Diablo Immortal because you'll be called a troll/shill/paid actor.

Personally, i don't hate the fact that they announced a mobile game for Diablo. I don't like the fact that it comes in place of more content for D3 but given what the Kotaku article said (should you choose to believe it or not) - it makes sense. Besides, the fact is that there are different teams working on other projects for Diablo and one of those is Diablo Immortal. I think they would have made this game anyways and I think that the only reason people are upset over the fact that this game was announced is the fact that it was announced at Blizzcon, to which I say - so? It's a game made by Blizzard for Blizzard fans. They're not replacing anyone in their fan base and they're not going mobile only. They're just trying to see if they can make a game on another platform that will bring new fans and will (most likely) generate revenue with the only IP that Blizzard has that doesn't bring any income.
03/03/2019 05:11 AMPosted by KushiSensei
Personally, i don't hate the fact that they announced a mobile game for Diablo. I don't like the fact that it comes in place of more content for D3 but given what the Kotaku article said (should you choose to believe it or not) - it makes sense. Besides, the fact is that there are different teams working on other projects for Diablo and one of those is Diablo Immortal. I think they would have made this game anyways and I think that the only reason people are upset over the fact that this game was announced is the fact that it was announced at Blizzcon, to which I say - so? It's a game made by Blizzard for Blizzard fans. They're not replacing anyone in their fan base and they're not going mobile only. They're just trying to see if they can make a game on another platform that will bring new fans and will (most likely) generate revenue with the only IP that Blizzard has that doesn't bring any income.

With as content starved the Diablo community is, Blizzard made the choice to starve them even further...

Again, the mobile game is not the true issue, if it were announced alongside something else substantial, this backlash would've been mitigated or even non-existent.
03/03/2019 05:11 AMPosted by KushiSensei
I think they would have made this game anyways and I think that the only reason people are upset over the fact that this game was announced is the fact that it was announced at Blizzcon, to which I say - so? It's a game made by Blizzard for Blizzard fans. They're not replacing anyone in their fan base and they're not going mobile only. They're just trying to see if they can make a game on another platform that will bring new fans and will (most likely) generate revenue with the only IP that Blizzard has that doesn't bring any income.

When Bethesda announced Fallout 76 at E3, Todd knew it wasn't what the fans wanted. So, to lessen the impact, they also announced Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6. Their way of saying "yeah we're making this cash-in nobody asked for, but hang in there because the decent stuff is coming. We haven't forgot about you".

Blizzard, by contrast, simply said "yeah we're making this cash-in nobody asked for".

Would people have still complained if Blizzard showed a 5 second teaser of a logo to show a proper Diablo title was in the works? Of course, but the backlash wouldn't have been NEARLY as bad. There'd be no red shirt guy, and no comments about phones and tablets.

I hope the next Blizzcon has something for Diablo fans. Before 2018, it was just us Diablo fans with eyes on Blizzcon, everyone else had forgot about Diablo more or less. After the 2018 Blizzcon however, and the things that happened there, the rest of the industry will be watching too. I hope they've got something absolutely !@#$ing mindblowing planned. I understand there are marketing reasons for remaining tight-lipped about upcoming proects, but when it drags on for so long like this that it starts backfiring and actively damages the brand, you MUST change tactics and become more transparent.
Maybe they will, maybe they won't.

I'm sure that everyone here would love to see something amazing regarding Diablo at Blizzcon but given what people expected to happen at Bcon 2018 - i'm sticking to what I had in mind towards Blizzcon: interested, not excited or otherwise - just interested.
03/03/2019 06:01 AMPosted by KushiSensei
i'm sticking to what I had in mind towards Blizzcon: interested, not excited or otherwise - just interested.

Personally, I can't be interested in anything until there's physical evidence. Rumors or claims won't do the trick.
Ahhhhh, Imperius finally blocked. The forum is so much less trolly now.
03/03/2019 06:11 AMPosted by Oblivion
03/03/2019 06:01 AMPosted by KushiSensei
i'm sticking to what I had in mind towards Blizzcon: interested, not excited or otherwise - just interested.

Personally, I can't be interested in anything until there's physical evidence. Rumors or claims won't do the trick.

Understandable.
Given the hiring they have made over the past 18 months or so, including one of the writers from CD Projekt Red - it's a baseline for me to keep me interested.

To each their own :)