They are not listening

General Discussion
03/03/2019 07:03 AMPosted by KushiSensei
Given the hiring they have made over the past 18 months or so, including one of the writers from CD Projekt Red - it's a baseline for me to keep me interested.

Yup. Still I have doubts if they allow him to reveal his potential or water everything down because "it costs too much". There's a difference between letting a genius do his work and restricting him. In my opinion D3's story telling sucked just because of that. They didn't spare a relevant amount of time to write character interactions and we left by Disney tier villains.
Well if they’d allowed Brevik to work unrestricted we would have ended up with a turn based game......
Even just balance changes and new/reworked legendaries would be good enough. Blizzad, people gave you tons of feedback how to make more items avalible.
03/03/2019 08:08 AMPosted by MadCow
Well if they’d allowed Brevik to work unrestricted we would have ended up with a turn based game......

Brevik had a vision but ain't stubborn about it, he had no intention of replicating Crusader: No Remorse like Silicon&Synapse suggested, that's it. Stop repeating the same thing and watch Post Mortem talk of Diablo from youtube. Brevik changed his mind when he played a small alpha demo and contributed to the game big time by coding and designing it.

Demanding a creator to water down the elements of his/her design due to high cost (D3 story not getting enough attention because of time limitation or budget) is not same as creator wanting to have a low ride vision (Brevik wanting to make a simpler turn based rogue-like instead of real-time combat).
I just don’t expect anything for D3... the simple fact they canceled the second expansion should tell you that they moved on a while ago and are just doing small stuff to keep you busy while they make new games.
D3 is put to pasture mate. There will be no new content for it. Blizz is working on the next Diablo. I would guess that is two years out from playable at the best. But how good will it be. I for one will not pre order it. I will wait to see if it is up to par or will it be the same as D3 in which case I'll pass.
03/03/2019 08:17 PMPosted by HeetCrusher
D3 is put to pasture mate. There will be no new content for it. Blizz is working on the next Diablo. I would guess that is two years out from playable at the best. But how good will it be. I for one will not pre order it. I will wait to see if it is up to par or will it be the same as D3 in which case I'll pass.

This^^. D3 is done for, kaput. The recent demise of Diablofans is just the latest proof that, unfortunately, D3 is dead as a door nail. There is no significant content coming out for it again.....ever. I simply cannot comprehend why there are still some people out there grinding away for paragon in non-season when it is completely and totally pointless. It boggles my mind.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game but I quit in September of 2017 when I realized that maintenance mode had arrived and continued grinding would be moronic. It is incomprehensible why people still make post after post asking for changes when the game is done for.
03/03/2019 09:04 PMPosted by Bulvai
I simply cannot comprehend why there are still some people out there grinding away for paragon in non-season when it is completely and totally pointless.

Because they enjoy it?
Is it so hard to believe that some people enjoy the game as is, regardless of how "dead" the game is?

If you want to talk about pointless things and people playing a so-called "Dead" game - why do people keep playing ladders on Diablo 2 when it hasn't gotten a major content update in years?