Warhammer Chaosbane Beta

Games & Technology
Really enjoyed myself, seems like D3 is going into the recycle bin.
from what i've seen it's a snoozefest. slow, dull, walking simulator. Nothing like d3 beta when you land that killing blow on king leoric and that sweet jam starts playing.
03/08/2019 10:59 PMPosted by Bravata
from what i've seen it's a snoozefest. slow, dull, walking simulator. Nothing like d3 beta when you land that killing blow on king leoric and that sweet jam starts playing.

Oh you mean the kiddy colorful effects leoric has to entertain children, no wonder you find it amusing. Guess the developers want to create ghostbusters 2 instead of diablo 3 back then.
I've been looking at a couple of gameplay vids. It looks really good, however, I worry that the game is more skewed towards pleasing Warhammer fans than arpg fans. Will it have longevity and support, hows the itemisation, whats the end game like, etc.

I suspect it might just be a play-it-for-the-story-and-done game, maybe along the lines of Victor Vran or something, but I'd be really happy to be proved wrong.
03/09/2019 12:05 AMPosted by fathom
03/08/2019 10:59 PMPosted by Bravata

Oh you mean the kiddy colorful effects leoric has to entertain children, no wonder you find it amusing. Guess the developers want to create ghostbusters 2 instead of diablo 3 back then.
says this as if he hasnt been amused by d3, literally on the forums posting on a 7 year old game. you are literally an imbecile.
03/09/2019 01:05 AMPosted by spirited
I've been looking at a couple of gameplay vids. It looks really good, however, I worry that the game is more skewed towards pleasing Warhammer fans than arpg fans. Will it have longevity and support, hows the itemisation, whats the end game like, etc.

I suspect it might just be a play-it-for-the-story-and-done game, maybe along the lines of Victor Vran or something, but I'd be really happy to be proved wrong.

The developers are planning end game content in the long run, and it will be constantly updated with new content. Sayonara D3 :)
03/09/2019 03:15 AMPosted by fathom
03/09/2019 01:05 AMPosted by spirited

The developers are planning end game content in the long run, and it will be constantly updated with new content. Sayonara D3 :)

Just remember, what the devs think is constant and what you think is constant, isn't going to line up.

So don't get too angry.
I'll admit, the trailers of gameplay peeked my interest, but I'll wait for reviews and such on the released product before I shell out for a game in beta. Did that for Marvel Heroes, and it took them almost a year after release to pull that game together. Also, the whole Warhammer franchise has really been hit or miss with me.

Truth is, with the only updates for D3 being seasons, I'm definitely in the market for another arpg, but there's a few interesting ones on the way: Torchlight Frontiers, PoE coming to PS4, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 on Switch.
03/09/2019 05:13 AMPosted by GoauldOfWar
03/09/2019 03:15 AMPosted by fathom

Just remember, what the devs think is constant and what you think is constant, isn't going to line up.

So don't get too angry.

After how disappointing D3 have turned out, and with the announcement of DI in Blizzcon, it's right about time to jump ship. Diablofans forum recent announcement for closure pretty much sums up the sinking ship.

On the other hand, you guys should check out the warhammer universe as it has a pretty solid foundation and lore.
Enemies still don't stagger from attacks by the looks of it... I'll pass on this until they make the enemies more reactive to being hit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5D563h7FBI
17:23 long

3:28 barbarian Cleave
3:48 Slow Rend
4:00 Shield Bash
4:15 Ferocious Charge
4:35 War Cry
4:37 Avalanche/Meteor take your pick...
4:41 Sweeping Wind
4:43 Leap
5:16 inner Sanctuary

Now tell me how this game is SO much better or different.
LMFAO
I saw the trailer to the game, looks fun but the game is on Steam Only for PC and I rarely ever use my Steam account anymore (someone tried to hack into it about a year ago or so also)
03/09/2019 05:06 PMPosted by IamLegion

LMFAO

I mean... people are actually working on the Warhammer game, and developing it. Their devs aren't ignoring it. I guess you could say that makes it better and different to D3? Which has been all but abandoned for many years.

I do take your point though. The similarities are obvious, even down to the UI and health globes. Its clear where their inspiration comes from. But this is only what Blizzard does to other devs all the time. Can't really call foul when Blizzards motto is essentially "we're gonna rip your game off and make it accessible to the mass market".

And didn't Warcraft and WoW take its visual cues from Warhammer in the first place?
03/09/2019 05:06 PMPosted by IamLegion

LMFAO

Well if it has trade and/or build diversity it’s probably better.

/thread
IS WARHAMMER: CHAOSBANE ALWAYS ONLINE?
The beta for Warhammer: Chaosbane will require you to be connected to the internet in order to access the beta. This will not be a requirement for the final release of the game.

Hard pass.
LOL 70 bucks for a D3 clone (100 for magnus edition).......good luck with that.