Echoing Fury

General Discussion
So, I recently obtained a Echoing Fury while doing a greater solo rift, and I'm confused as to why it holds so much value when there isn't much to it. Is it still actually worth anything anymore?
What makes you think it “holds so much value”?

It hasn’t been a good weapon since before Reaper of Souls.
02/18/2019 06:28 AMPosted by Orrion

I just remembered people saying it was really good on barbarians. That's really all.
02/18/2019 06:29 AMPosted by Eternal

I just remembered people saying it was really good on barbarians. That's really all.

And it was - 5 years ago.
02/18/2019 06:29 AMPosted by Eternal

Been a while but I think it used to be the highest damaging one handed weapon. The chance to fear was kind of a problem though lol. At least for my barb build which had me hitting enemies to heal. So mobs running away from me didn't help :).
02/18/2019 06:33 AMPosted by Orrion
And it was - 5 years ago.

In the day ... a nearly perfect one sold for $20,000+. My first kick butt weapon was a fury that I could have sold at the time for at least $100+. Some pub players hated the fear side affect, which fortunately was "relatively" low on my version.
It used to have up to a ).25 attack speed multiplier on in it as well as % life steel but as blizzard has done to many great items, turns them into garbage and leave them in the game. Same reason the Skorn is not used any more. Any great weapon is aligned with either a set or a particular skill now.
02/18/2019 06:25 AMPosted by Eternal
So, I recently obtained a Echoing Fury while doing a greater solo rift, and I'm confused as to why it holds so much value when there isn't much to it. Is it still actually worth anything anymore?

It's a good weapon however, it will fit best if you give it to your Templar or Enchantress follower for waving off trash away. As for Barbarians mentioned above... I wouldn't know... I imagine it's a good pick for Weapon Throw and Ancient Spear Barbarians to push aggro away just to annihilate targets later on.
Worths anything? Definitely not, in terms of real money. Just a weapon for your Follower or a very specific spec on Barbarians or some other class that I forgot.
I mean I'm sure there's some way to make a low tier speed farm Fear-centric barbarian or something. But mostly no, it has no value except for the salvage materials.