Greater Rift Incoming Damage

General Discussion
NOTHING except the rift guardian should 1hit you on -ANY- level.

Honestly, there is no doubt in my mind that your great rift concept is a hit in WoW but not in Diablo. It's your design, stop being pig headed in Diablo and make it viable. You know what I'm talking about. Impalers, poison and frost; ENTIRELY over tuned. FIX IT.

This game is fun, you just -REFUSE- to tune the end game. WHY?
I only think the spear guys and witches are over-tuned on damage.

But tune it where you cannot get one shot? That does not make sense.

So an enemy at Grift 50 will not one-shot me, and neither should the same mob at grift 120? Even with the same gear/paragon? Then why not go full glass cannon because, "mobs shouldn't one-shot you until the RG" ?

Just trade your damage for defense.
02/19/2019 07:32 PMPosted by Luridbane
NOTHING except the rift guardian should 1hit you on -ANY- level.

Honestly, there is no doubt in my mind that your great rift concept is a hit in WoW but not in Diablo. It's your design, stop being pig headed in Diablo and make it viable. You know what I'm talking about. Impalers, poison and frost; ENTIRELY over tuned. FIX IT.

This game is fun, you just -REFUSE- to tune the end game. WHY?
probably think it's one fireball when it was actually 3-4 fireballs cast all at once.That's been my complaint on there so called random mob motion;nothing like having a 30-40 spear chunkers in one room all targeted at once to throw.
Sounds like you just need more damage mitigation.
02/20/2019 01:04 PMPosted by Pestilence

Sounds like he just needs to duck...
I have no problem with something that's properly telegraphed hitting like a truck. Unavoidable damage, on the other hand, shouldn't be able to 1shot you, no matter how high damage scales.

Impalers are avoidable, so they're fine imho. Frost and poison can be tricky at higher levels, so I think it's just a matter of delaying the damage ticks a couple seconds, or simply implementing some ramp up time for those damage ticks before they reach full strength in order to allow the player to actually react to them.
02/20/2019 01:27 PMPosted by Damocles
02/20/2019 01:04 PMPosted by Pestilence

Sounds like he just needs to duck...

Dodge, dip, dive, duck and dodge.
02/19/2019 08:19 PMPosted by Wootytooty
I only think the spear guys and witches are over-tuned on damage.

You forget shock towers.
Fatties (Grotesque's) and Hell Witches with their fireball's are pretty serious damage for some hero's as well.

Saders and Monks will agree!
Most folks got the don't stand in the fire or poison idea down. Now they just have to get a handle on not staying in one place thinking that the spears, arrows, and fireballs will miss if they stand very still.
I think even RG Blighter is over-the-top with his melee swing ever since they changed all RG melee attacks to be physical damage. (also Stonesinger's double melee swing)
Just another case of getting gear to quick to do higher levels. Welcome to power creep where your gear doesn’t match your skill.
02/20/2019 11:13 PMPosted by Nigel
Just another case of getting gear to quick to do higher levels. Welcome to power creep where your gear doesn’t match your skill.

Gear has to match skill? More like Blizzard has to stop the lazy damage-only buffs and start thinking about improving defenses for us.