Diablo Immortal "pretty much ready" says NetEase CFO

General Discussion
1 2 3 11 Next
From the CFO of NetEase on their earnings call.

Transcript: https://seekingalpha.com/article/4242751-netease-inc-ntes-ceo-william-ding-q4-2018-results-earnings-call-transcript

Diablo Immortal, we are a codeveloper on that game together with Blizzard. As to the exact launch timetable I would encourage the markets to direct the question directly to Activision blizzard.

From a codevelopers perspective, the game development is pretty much ready. Of course there is always space for us to optimize and enhance. But it is not any concern that game development side will call us any potential delay. As your last bit of questions specific about our pipelines we did announce several exciting new games that in our earnings release in the pipeline.
So mid '19 is the release date for China and not last quarter of '19? May be Q4 '19 was only about west-worldwide release?
Highly Rated
Nice! Still not gonna buy.
Highly Rated
Not going to touch Diablo Immortal. Microtransactions is a never ending crapfest. No thanks.
02/21/2019 06:29 AMPosted by naksiloth
So mid '19 is the release date for China and not last quarter of '19? May be Q4 '19 was only about west-worldwide release?

Blizzard & NetEase never confirmed a release date, but speculation has been it'll be 4Q 2018.

It could be that gameplay/coding is mostly done but they still need to work on content before launching.

On the Blizzard Careers page they're advertising 3 content-related positions for Diablo Immortal -- Senior Quest Designer, Lead Artist, and Senior Art Outsourcing Supervisor.
Highly Rated
Can't wait for the release.....so I can go and down vote the hell out of it.
02/21/2019 06:50 AMPosted by Jinx
On the Blizzard Careers page they're advertising 3 content-related positions for Diablo Immortal

Looks like initial release is last quarter of '19 as speculated early. Middle of '19 was a rumor I read on a previous thread.

02/21/2019 06:53 AMPosted by Theudys

If you don't like it just ignore it, don't encourage people to download it. If only NetEase could send you a "thank you" email for carrying them to being a featured app in the market.
That's why marketing calls you "engaged fans". You'll download it like it or not, just to give it a low rating like it means anything. Gratz. You just pulled yourself right into it.

You have to download it to downvote I'm guessing. If you do that you just help mobile games cause. Then you are a number of downloads. You do more damage by ignoring it. Less people that download it the better.

Down voting does nothing.
02/21/2019 06:54 AMPosted by naksiloth

[quote="207698078541"]Can't wait for the release.....so I can go and down vote the hell out of it.

If you don't like it just ignore it, don't encourage people to download it. If only NetEase could send you a "thank you" email for carrying them to being a featured app in the market.
That's why marketing calls you "engaged fans". You'll download it like it or not, just to give it a low rating like it means anything. Gratz. You just pulled yourself right into it.

Question for you, when you go to download an app and from the list of apps you see a few with 2 out of 5 starts.....do you download them, yes or not?
02/21/2019 07:15 AMPosted by Kinslayer

You have to download it to downvote I'm guessing. If you do that you just help mobile games cause. Then you are a number of downloads. You do more damage by ignoring it. Less people that download it the better.

Down voting does nothing.

Well if that is the case then i will contribute to the cause and don't download. Damn it, I wanted to down vote T-T
Ok. Cant imagine any possible reason for buying it though.
Of course they are ready. They have been copying Diablo for years and just needed to reskin their game.
02/21/2019 06:50 AMPosted by Jinx
It could be that gameplay/coding is mostly done but they still need to work on content before launching.

or it could be they are trying to decide on which predatory microtransactions to flood that trash with. They badly need to get that stock price up and what better way than to fleece the living hell out of their player base while the players try to credit card themselves to victory.
Can't wait till a 3rd party ports/hacks it to the PC
Not interested. That's okay though because I'm not their target audience for that game.

I'm a PC gamer.
Not going to lie, looking forward to watching how Blizzard tries to put a good face on this game while also pretending to address the microtransactions that are certainly coming.

As far as Diablo goes, Blizzard been spectacularly bad over the past few months - not expecting anything different with this.
At this point, I'm only curious regarding how botched the story will be.
02/21/2019 09:25 AMPosted by Oblivion
At this point, I'm only curious regarding how botched the story will be.

From what I understood through all the info we got since the reveal.... the story will not be completed by the time it will be released, since they plan on adding to the story little by little. It’s possible they are making 1 act at a time.