Diablo Immortal "pretty much ready" says NetEase CFO

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 11 Next
Nope, I still don't care about it.
02/21/2019 01:38 PMPosted by Chetanji
I would say the article is fake news listed by OP.

It's the transcript of an earnings call of a listed company...

You can always listen to the audio replay directly if you like at http://ir.netease.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=122303&p=irol-IRHome
02/21/2019 06:42 AMPosted by RaDaC
Nice! Still not gonna buy.

I won't touch anything Blizzard or Activision with a 10 foot pole no matter what it is. They've surpassed Konami and are now the 2nd worst company (only behind EA). Yes, KONAMI is actually better now. At this point I'm not even going to buy a PC Diablo 4 if it comes out.
The only group of people that are happy to hear this are the shareholders. After all, this trash is made specifically to feed their bank accounts.
02/22/2019 04:54 AMPosted by Stormspark

I won't touch anything Blizzard or Activision with a 10 foot pole no matter what it is. They've surpassed Konami and are now the 2nd worst company (only behind EA). Yes, KONAMI is actually better now. At this point I'm not even going to buy a PC Diablo 4 if it comes out.

This is so overdramatic that soap opera actors would refuse to say that and the scene would be replaced by people fake fainting for no apparent reason.
02/21/2019 11:54 AMPosted by UngivenFame
MY PHONE IS READY
I thought I was going to get unanimous upvotes and instead unanimous downvotes. 14 so far.

I would highly suggest that you not let Blizzard call your bluff and follow through with what you have stated.
Just interacting on these forums is supporting Blizzard and their products.
Assuming there's no option for you to deactivate your account, i would suggest getting a hold of support and have them do this for you.
02/21/2019 01:33 PMPosted by Spagetto
Good, good. The sooner it comes out the sooner we might get real Diablo news.

That feeling when people only read the first word of your post and ignore the rest:

real Diablo news.

Cmon, downvotes for that? Is what I said not true? The sooner Diablo Immortal releases, the sooner they'll be giving us info on their other Diablo projects. This forum is cutthroat, damn!
02/22/2019 09:12 AMPosted by Spagetto
Good, good. The sooner it comes out the sooner we might get real Diablo news.

That feeling when people only read the first word of your post and ignore the rest:

real Diablo news.

Cmon, downvotes for that? Is what I said not true? The sooner Diablo Immortal releases, the sooner they'll be giving us info on their other Diablo projects. This forum is cutthroat, damn!

What did you expect?

Ever since Blizzard announced Diablo Immortal - people have been at each others throats and the amount of spam/troll posts have gone up a lot.

people will downvote anything Diablo Immortal related short of a cancellation announcement. This is the reality now.
Diablo Immortal "pretty much ready"

if it is a hit, it will probably come to PC.
-but it wil never be seen as a D4, as a fitting part of the current PC franchise.
-if ever, it will have to be sold as a Diablo clone, with another playerbase.
Most likely the only people that will play D:I is console players.

And that being said, I am pretty sure they will get tired of playing D:I within a few hours.

It's the Asian players that are addicted (China, Korea, Taiwan, etc.) to mobile games.

Here in America it's a whole different story.

PC gamers Rule!

I sure as hell won't preorder Diablo 4, and will wait for reviews. If it at any point seems to be in a decent state and on sale, I might pick it up then. But only if they've done it proper, otherwise I've got plenty of other games to play.
02/22/2019 09:46 AMPosted by Chetanji

And that being said, I am pretty sure they will get tired of playing D:I within a few hours.

It's the Asian players that are addicted (China, Korea, Taiwan, etc.) to mobile games.

PC gamers Rule!

Instead of making baseless assumptions, lets perhaps take a look at actual statistics.
I doubt anyone is going to actually read through this but based upon what is presented here, the mobile gaming market in America, is absolutely staggering.
From a business perspective, Activistion-Blizzard would be out of their minds not to invest more into mobile gaming.

https://www.wepc.com/news/video-game-statistics/
02/22/2019 10:20 AMPosted by Bozrah
02/22/2019 09:46 AMPosted by Chetanji

PC gamers Rule!

Instead of making baseless assumptions, lets perhaps take a look at actual statistics.
I doubt anyone is going to actually read through this but based upon what is presented here, the mobile gaming market in America, is absolutely staggering.
From a business perspective, Activistion-Blizzard would be out of their minds not to invest more into mobile gaming.

It would be naive to say mobile games don't make money, or outright stupid.
BUT, the relaying factor here is why did they have to do it with a beloved franchise that was brought into the spotlight with the PC platform. Why continue such good lore on a mobile device that PC players will never see? There's a lot of weird decisions that were made. I wish they would've have just released a new IP for mobile, instead of dragging Diablo into the mud.
02/22/2019 10:26 AMPosted by Exuri
<span class="truncated">...</span>

BUT, the relaying factor here is why did they have to do it with a beloved franchise that was brought into the spotlight with the PC platform. Why continue such good lore on a mobile device that PC players will never see? There's a lot of weird decisions that were made. I wish they would've have just released a new IP for mobile, instead of dragging Diablo into the mud.

There have been whispers over the years that Blizzard had wanted to bring an MMO to the Diablo universe.

My question to you is, which would be worse. A Diablo MMO as the next major installment on PC/Console, or Diablo Immortal/MMO on a mobile device?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

There have been whispers over the years that Blizzard had wanted to bring an MMO to the Diablo universe.

My question to you is, which would be worse. A Diablo MMO as the next major installment on PC/Console, or Diablo Immortal/MMO on a mobile device?

IMO:
A Diablo MMO wouldn't be that bad and looks like it could have some potential.

I'd love to fight raid bosses like Andariel, Mephisto, and DURIEL! While dungeon bosses could be Unique mobs like Bish Bosh, or Pindleskin. Examples...only

I think it would be a very cool opportunity to delve deeper into all of the lore, make it more vibrant and in depth, bring out the actual novels.

Mobile, no.
Who cares mobile game? There are a lot of chinese mobile games in store with same UI.
02/22/2019 10:26 AMPosted by Exuri
02/22/2019 10:20 AMPosted by Bozrah

I agree. Maybe instead of a new IP they could've decided to make a simple puzzle game. Things like that thrive on mobile.

Maybe something like Clash of Heroes but with all of Blizzard iconic characters and enemies. It could've given a nod to what made them successful in the past without tarnishing their IPs with shallow sequels.
02/22/2019 02:46 PMPosted by BOD
Who cares mobile game? There are a lot of chinese mobile games in store with same UI.
What is this obsession with the UI? Is there any other way to make an efficient UI on a mobile RPG? Joystick on one side and skills on the other side... that’s pretty much the only way to do it... just like a controller, joystick on the left and buttons on the right.
"i pretty much don't care" says every true diablo player.