Diablo Immortal "pretty much ready" says NetEase CFO

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 11 Next
Should've been d4 first, not some mobile app.. did hearthstone come before WoW expansions? I think not.

I also think I'm not buying any other products beyond d3, thanks and goodbye.
It shouldn't be surprising that the game is nearly ready.

All they had to do is copy and paste one of their older games and reword the title and classes. With Q/A all but gone in ActiBlizzard, it's all about quantity over quality now.

The hilarious part is that this gives NetEase and ActiBlizzard so much time to nickel and dime its remaining fanbase.
02/22/2019 03:18 PMPosted by Teksuo
"i pretty much don't care" says every true diablo player.

So, if you do care, you're not a "true" diablo player?

what's with the generalization?
02/22/2019 03:49 PMPosted by KushiSensei

a true diablo player wouldn't be on board for the one thing that ruined the franchise ;)
enjoy your mobile game, but diablo fans wanted a real diablo.
02/22/2019 04:11 PMPosted by Teksuo
02/22/2019 03:49 PMPosted by KushiSensei

a true diablo player wouldn't be on board for the one thing that ruined the franchise ;)
the game isn't even out yet...

Also, even Blizzard admitted it wasn't part of their main titles... Its more a side project than anything else. It can hardly damage the franchise.
not buying that
in fact, i ain't buying anything anymore from Blizzard and the only reason bnet is still on my pc is because of Destiny 2
blizzard is ok with this anyway, the asian market is 3 times better than eu+na market so ...yeah, the fans are losing, corporate greed is winning
i don't care tho, not anymore :)

Forum Mod Edit: This post has been edited by a moderator due to language. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/code-of-conduct/
02/22/2019 09:25 AMPosted by KushiSensei
people will downvote anything Diablo Immortal related short of a cancellation announcement. This is the reality now.

This is the reality that Blizzard created.
The reality is:
They have only released a game, xpac, and a character dlc as major PC content in the last 17 years for Diablo.
They have ported the game to 3 consoles since the release of D3V 7 years ago.
They have said repeatedly they will increase communication and they hear us, but we get virtually no communication.
They went in front of a mostly PC crowd at a mostly PC gamer convention and thought it was a great idea to sell them something they can play on a 4 inch screen while on the toilet.
They decided at this convention with mostly PC gamers that the only PC content that they would give them would be the big middle finger.
They see Chinese mobile gold as far more important than making something for the core PC fan base that built them into the giant they are.

That Chinese mobile trash might be the greatest mobile trash in the history of mobile trash, and it might make them buckets of gold in the Chinese market, but spitting in the face of your huge fan base to do it is a horrible idea.

Make your rabid fan base happy, then make other lucrative side projects to accentuate it, not the other way around. How could a company that spends millions of dollars on marketing be so stupid? It boggles the mind.
Meanwhile Square Enix makes tons of games, plenty are flops and people just don't care about the flops... They focus on the games that are actually good, like FF14... They also have a lot of games on mobile.

Blizzard makes a bad expansion or a game on mobile and people lose their minds.
02/22/2019 05:07 PMPosted by Imperius

Well, if you are going to put all of your eggs in 1 basket, you need to get it right. If your motto is to make only a few games but they are quality games, then you better hit the bullseye every time.
Meanwhile Square Enix makes tons of games, plenty are flops and people just don't care about the flops... They focus on the games that are actually good, like FF14... They also have a lot of games on mobile.

That's because a lot of their fans think that Square Enix can't make a good game anymore. They've spent the last two years trying to decide if they hate XV or XIII more so I'm not sure what you are talking about.
02/22/2019 04:25 PMPosted by Imperius
02/22/2019 04:11 PMPosted by Teksuo

the game isn't even out yet...

Also, even Blizzard admitted it wasn't part of their main titles... Its more a side project than anything else. It can hardly damage the franchise.

Not their main title?
But it was their main title at Blizzcon 2018
Who cares, really?
02/23/2019 02:40 AMPosted by CrankyMofo
Who cares, really?

Not me. I'm done with Blizzard to the point that even if Diablo 4 came out on the PC I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. They are on my boycott list right next to EA (they're just as bad as EA actually). Both of them are actually worse than Konami at this point. I can't morally justify giving them any money at all.

Since I uninstalled all of my Blizzard stuff for #diablout back in November (I hadn't actually given them any money since Oct 2017 when I left WOW but still), I've been going through my extensive backlog of both retro and Switch games. Finally played Super Mario Odyssey, and realized it's a better game than Blizzard has put out in many years. I've actually bought a lot of games in the past few months...mostly indie, a few not, mostly for the Switch. For the past week or so I've been playing Super Mario World.
I look forward to not caring about this game when it launches.
02/23/2019 05:25 AMPosted by Stormspark
02/23/2019 02:40 AMPosted by CrankyMofo
Who cares, really?

Not me. I'm done with Blizzard to the point that even if Diablo 4 came out on the PC I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. They are on my boycott list right next to EA (they're just as bad as EA actually). Both of them are actually worse than Konami at this point. I can't morally justify giving them any money at all.

Since I uninstalled all of my Blizzard stuff for #diablout back in November (I hadn't actually given them any money since Oct 2017 when I left WOW but still), I've been going through my extensive backlog of both retro and Switch games. Finally played Super Mario Odyssey, and realized it's a better game than Blizzard has put out in many years. I've actually bought a lot of games in the past few months...mostly indie, a few not, mostly for the Switch. For the past week or so I've been playing Super Mario World.

This guy always come here to tell us how much he doesn't care anymore and he moved on lol at least once a day.

Sure buddy, you "moved on".

Warcraft has had at least four 'bad' expansions over the last 10 years; D3V was a train wreck of such magnitude that it altered the studio's plans for the franchise in a very negative way.

People aren't 'losing their minds' over one or two mistakes; they lose their minds about years of bad philosophy/decision making regarding their titles. Evidenced by the drastic (near 90%) reduction in WoW's playerbase from Wrath till now and D3's waning playerbase.

You are a really really good example of why being a Cognitive Miser is not a good thing, please keep posting because I'm sure it causes other people to inadvertently realize that fact as well and become better for it.
02/23/2019 07:41 AMPosted by jay

Warcraft has had at least four 'bad' expansions over the last 10 years; D3V was a train wreck of such magnitude that it altered the studio's plans for the franchise in a very negative way.

People aren't 'losing their minds' over one or two mistakes; they lose their minds about years of bad philosophy/decision making regarding their titles. Evidenced by the drastic (near 90%) reduction in WoW's playerbase from Wrath till now and D3's waning playerbase.

You are a really really good example of why being a Cognitive Miser is not a good thing, please keep posting because I'm sure it causes other people to inadvertently realize that fact as well and become better for it.
the problem with WoW isn't the expansions, but the fact it was released more than a decade ago... Even so, they still have millions of players.

Gaming companies struggle to get players to play for more than 12 hours and yet Blizzard is still one of those companies that can make you play for years. Most games are played for 2 to 8 hours before people move on to the next game.

Blizzard is still making some of the best games out there. The worst WoW expansion is better than the average MMO...