Diablo Immortal "pretty much ready" says NetEase CFO

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 11 Next
OP was downvoted for stating facts. Literally no opinion spin, just a report of the news.

I'm sorry, but that's pathetic. Downvote on, gents.
02/23/2019 07:54 AMPosted by Runic
OP was downvoted for stating facts. Literally no opinion spin, just a report of the news.

that's exactly why downvotes hold no weight on this forum... The feature should be removed, since new players often get downvoted into oblivion for asking questions or because they said they like the game.

It's one of the most toxic gaming forums out there.
02/23/2019 07:51 AMPosted by Imperius
the problem with WoW isn't the expansions, but the fact it was released more than a decade ago...

That's a facile argument at best and we both know it. The game's age isn't the issue; the issue is the direction the game has gone over the course of it's lifetime.
02/23/2019 09:57 AMPosted by jay
02/23/2019 07:51 AMPosted by Imperius
the problem with WoW isn't the expansions, but the fact it was released more than a decade ago...

That's a facile argument at best and we both know it. The game's age isn't the issue; the issue is the direction the game has gone over the course of it's lifetime.
name a 14 yo game that got several expansions and is still just as relevant as it was the day it was released...

I'll be waiting 2 years for you to come up with one example.
02/23/2019 10:06 AMPosted by Imperius
<span class="truncated">...</span>

name a 14 yo game that got several expansions and is still just as relevant as it was the day it was released...

Everquest; 20 years and counting.

Classic, Regular and Progression Servers.
One of the first MMO's to go mainstream, released in 1999.
24 Expansions and still going.

Grant it, I play WoW and enjoy it, but EQ was the game I cut my MMO teeth on so many years ago at release.
<span class="truncated">...</span>name a 14 yo game that got several expansions and is still just as relevant as it was the day it was released...

Grant it, I play WoW and enjoy it, but EQ was the game I cut my MMO teeth on so many years ago at release.

RuneScape has more active players than EverQuest though. EQ averages 250 players per day, which isnt very impressive.

RuneScape and WoW are the oldest MMO games that are still among the top 10 MMOs with the most active players.

RuneScape was revived when they released the game on iOS and Android.

The top 10 most popular MMOs right now are all games that are relatively new, meaning only two were released prior to 2011 (RuneScape and WoW).

just remove the downvote button;
-i propose that for years
-and get downvoted for it
-while each second thread is full of posts that get buttontrolled, OP starter post is the biggest victim mostly

RuneScape has more active players than EverQuest though. EQ averages 250 players per day, which isnt very impressive.

RuneScape and WoW are the oldest MMO games that are still among the top 10 MMOs with the most active players.

RuneScape was revived when they released the game on iOS and Android

Straw man fallacy. All your arguments rest in it. Why do you draw attention to another game when they give you an argument that belies yours? Why do you change the subject of the original argument?

PEOPLE DON'T FEED THE TROLL

RuneScape was revived when they released the game on iOS and Android

Straw man fallacy. Why do you All your arguments rest in it. Why do you draw attention to another game when they give you an argument that belies yours? Why do you change the subject of the original argument?

PEOPLE DON'T FEED THE TROLL

I didn't change the argument... I provided the answer to the question I asked, because the answer I got from him was wrong.

Unless you think 250 players per day is a lot... Which doesn't even make the top 50 most played MMOs out there
02/22/2019 04:25 PMPosted by Imperius
the game isn't even out yet...

Imperius you and I both know that if anyone says the words "Diablo Immortal" you are going to get downvoted into the basement!
Who Cares ! I like PC Games . The day they start making all games phone games is the day I am no longer interested .
I am eagerly sitting at the edge of my seat waiting for Diablo: Immortals released, just so I can watch the fireworks that inevitably go off.
02/23/2019 02:59 PMPosted by Troubled
I am eagerly sitting at the edge of my seat waiting for Diablo: Immortals released, just so I can watch the fireworks that inevitably go off.
The worst that’s going to happen is the first few reviews will be 100% negative and will be made in the first few minutes after the launch, because those people don’t want to give it a try. As time passes we’ll know if the game is actually good, but early on there will be nothing but noise from the PC “master race”.
02/23/2019 03:08 PMPosted by Imperius
The worst that’s going to happen is the first few reviews will be 100% negative and will be made in the first few minutes after the launch, because those people don’t want to give it a try. As time passes we’ll know if the game is actually good, but early on there will be nothing but noise from the PC “master race”.

Considering it appears to be a copy and paste of another game called Crusader's of Light--even having the exact same interface--is it any wonder that it is taking so much flak?

Oh and the whole "master race" argument does not fly. Diablo 3 is on consoles as well, or have you been living under a rock for the last couple of years? You think the entire console community, who prefer to sit on a couch to play games on a big !@# television screen with surround sound, are ecstatic that a game that looks to be a copy and paste of another is going to be playable on a device that maybe on par with gaming consoles two generations ago?

The only thing Diablo: Immortals has going for it so far is that it might be better than the original Diablo. I say might, as it looks like the story is already messed up as the heroes in Diablo: Immortals look to be the exact same heroes in Diablo 3 despite a fifteen year time gap. The game will not hold a candle to Diablo 2 (a game that is good by itself but has mods available that drastically improve it graphic and gameplay wise) and Diablo 3.

Then there is the fact that mobile games are more often than not infested with micro transactions up the $%^ and with Activision's reputation I will be deeply surprised if Diablo: Immortals does not have any.

TL;DR: Diablo: Immortals deserves all the flak it is receiving.
02/23/2019 03:44 PMPosted by Troubled
02/23/2019 03:08 PMPosted by Imperius

Considering it appears to be a copy and paste of another game called Crusader's of Light--even having the exact same interface--is it any wonder that it is taking so much flak?

Oh and the whole "master race" argument does not fly. Diablo 3 is on consoles as well, or have you been living under a rock for the last couple of years? You think the entire console community, who prefer to sit on a couch to play games on a big !@# television screen with surround sound, are ecstatic that a game that looks to be a copy and paste of another is going to be playable on a device that maybe on par with gaming consoles two generations ago?

The only thing Diablo: Immortals has going for it so far is that it might be better than the original Diablo. I say might, as it looks like the story is already messed up as the heroes in Diablo: Immortals look to be the exact same heroes in Diablo 3 despite a fifteen year time gap. The game will not hold a candle to Diablo 2 (a game that is good by itself but has mods available that drastically improve it graphic and gameplay wise) and Diablo 3.

Then there is the fact that mobile games are more often than not infested with micro transactions up the $%^ and with Activisions reputation I will be deeply surprised if Diablo: Immortals does not have any.

TL;DR: Diablo: Immortals deserves all the flak it is receiving.

Crusaders of Light is a WoW clone... It's a typical MMORPG... It's not even remotely similar to Diablo Immortal. It was a fun meme, but it wasn't accurate.
02/23/2019 03:58 PMPosted by Imperius
Crusaders of Light is a WoW clone... It's a typical MMORPG... It's not even remotely similar to Diablo Immortal. It was a fun meme, but it wasn't accurate.

.....right.

I honestly don't think it's about being pathetic. People are simply jaded over this whole situation, and express their frustration in many different ways.

I agree downvoting a mere report isn't warranted, but you have to understand people are still pretty angry at the whole announcement and what it represents.

I personally don't really care about the game. I'm rather indifferent to it, tbh. Blizzard's gesture, however, is something they'll have to put in a quite a titanic effort to make up for.

I mean, there was a time where I'd be excited about having news from Blizzard. That's definitely changed, and I'm just wondering what boneheaded move they'll pull out of their hat these days. It's no wonder so many of the guys who funded Blizzard decades ago left the company.
02/23/2019 11:30 AMPosted by Imperius
The top 10 most popular MMOs right now are all games that are

You asked a question and he answered why are you nagging it and trying to slide away from the main course? He answered your question, why a detail like player count mattered again? Where did that "top10" thing came from?

Do you really need the attention you got from the forums in a daily basis by spewing nonsense? All I read are straw arguments and baits for people to quote you somewhere.
You have 3-5 posts per page. Do you really have a thirst for attention from the forums you call "toxic"? I thought you didn't give a damn about downvotes but still call here toxic based on downvotes? That's being kind of us because we see through flamebaits.

As for your bait straws... People always called D3 a Warcraft-like because their inspire point is the same; "Warhammer" universe. So it's only natural people remind of WoW and D3 at the same time when they see a clone of either.
Also game isn't even out yet. Speculating about people seeing it's a "good game" is a wild assumption and fanboyism. I'll tell you how it goes; real money market prices on item trades will pull people to the game, not the gameplay itself. Blizzard hopes to replicate D3's RMAH success by chasing the market at D3 China cash shop, nothing else.

"Gameplay first" is a fad, just like "Think Globally". Blizzard acted populist now and none of your trolling can change facts.
02/23/2019 04:55 PMPosted by naksiloth
02/23/2019 11:30 AMPosted by Imperius
The top 10 most popular MMOs right now are all games that are

You asked a question and he answered why are you nagging it? Do you really need the attention you got from the forums in a daily basis by spewing nonsense? All I read are straw arguments and baits for people to quote you somewhere. You have 3-5 posts per page. Do you really have a thirst for attention from the forums you call "toxic"?
I asked for a MMO that is old and just as relevant today as it used to be... He named a game that can't even be considered relevant...