Diablo Immortal "pretty much ready" says NetEase CFO

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 11 Next
02/23/2019 05:05 PMPosted by Imperius
I asked for a MMO that is old and just as relevant today as it used to be... He named a game that can't even be considered relevant...

That amount of playerbase doesn't worth dozens of expansion packs after decades. If they really had 250 players per day, they wouldn't release that amount of content. I think you're making up numbers or have bias. May be both.
02/23/2019 04:55 PMPosted by naksiloth
Do you really need the attention you got from the forums in a daily basis by spewing nonsense? All I read are straw arguments and baits for people to quote you somewhere.
You have 3-5 posts per page. Do you really have a thirst for attention from the forums you call "toxic"? I thought you didn't give a damn about downvotes but still call here toxic based on downvotes? That's being kind of us because we see through flamebaits.

Bingo!
Honestly should be good news, the sooner they're done with this irrelevant cash grab the sooner we can get development on a real Diablo game.
02/23/2019 05:37 PMPosted by MasterJay
Honestly should be good news, the sooner they're done with this irrelevant cash grab the sooner we can get development on a real Diablo game.

One can only hope.
02/23/2019 05:23 PMPosted by naksiloth
02/23/2019 05:05 PMPosted by Imperius
I asked for a MMO that is old and just as relevant today as it used to be... He named a game that can't even be considered relevant...

That amount of playerbase doesn't worth dozens of expansion packs after decades. If they really had 250 players per day, they wouldn't release that amount of content. I think you're making up numbers or have bias. May be both.
Google is your friend... Last June they averaged 244 players per day.
EverQuest used to be big, but now it's a ghost town.
02/23/2019 07:51 AMPosted by Imperius
Blizzard is still making some of the best games out there. The worst WoW expansion is better than the average MMO...

wow is a bit of a different beast since the players are still paying for it instead of the cheap diablo players who didn't put a cent into it in 3 years ;)

guarantee you diablo would still be solid if we were actually paying for it.
put yourself in their shoes...

one group pays you every month (and more sometimes) while the other group pays you once every solstice year... which one do you keep happy.

every 4 months every wow player gives ~60$ or so
every ~3 years for diablo players (being generous nobody actually stayed 7 years here.

anyways. unless diablo goes subscription mode it'll always suck 3 years down the road.
02/23/2019 06:22 PMPosted by Teksuo
wow is a bit of a different beast since the players are satill paying for it instead of the cheap diablo players who didnt put a cent into it in 3 years ;)

Meh, see no issue with Diablo being a buy once type a game.
A grand decision imo.
wow is a bit of a different beast since the players are satill paying for it instead of the cheap diablo players who didnt put a cent into it in 3 years ;)

Meh, see no issue with Diablo being a buy once type a game.
A grand decision imo.

well thats neat but it doesn't make a really solid game 3 years later does it? you enjoy diablo3 right now?

a part of me wishes the RMAH stayed up, since THAT would've ensured they kept working on the damn game instead of forgetting about it conveniently and going mobile ;)

since i seem to be farming the downvotes today i'll even add this:
diablo4 has to be subscription based or we're doomed.
basically it's either subcription or microtransactions ; anything else means low longevity.

personnaly, i prefer monthly vs microtransaction but ultimately, whatever keeps their fingers coding 3 years later is what i want.
02/23/2019 06:29 PMPosted by Teksuo
well thats neat but it doesn't make a really solid game 3 years later does it? you enjoy diablo3 right now?

Oh I still enjoy Diablo 3 whenever I do play it now, but due to blizzcon and blizzard's silence, I have little motivation to play it.
02/23/2019 05:52 PMPosted by Imperius
02/23/2019 05:23 PMPosted by naksiloth

Respectfully, what you say makes no sense at all. Companies don't add servers and release major expansions on games that average 250 players a day. They would be bankrupt just keeping the servers going. Google is not always your friend. Sometimes plain and simple logic is.
02/23/2019 07:25 AMPosted by Imperius
02/23/2019 05:25 AMPosted by Stormspark
Not me. I'm done with Blizzard to the point that even if Diablo 4 came out on the PC I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. They are on my boycott list right next to EA (they're just as bad as EA actually). Both of them are actually worse than Konami at this point. I can't morally justify giving them any money at all.

Since I uninstalled all of my Blizzard stuff for #diablout back in November (I hadn't actually given them any money since Oct 2017 when I left WOW but still), I've been going through my extensive backlog of both retro and Switch games. Finally played Super Mario Odyssey, and realized it's a better game than Blizzard has put out in many years. I've actually bought a lot of games in the past few months...mostly indie, a few not, mostly for the Switch. For the past week or so I've been playing Super Mario World.

This guy always come here to tell us how much he doesn't care anymore and he moved on lol at least once a day.

Sure buddy, you "moved on".

I have moved on. I have not had a single Blizzard product installed on any device I own since November. Even so, I don't play games 24/7, and I do sometimes read forums. I know a few people that still occasionally read this and post here despite no longer touching Blizzard products. When we all do leave for good (I have been looking at these forums less and les frequently), enjoy your echo chamber with the last 10 die-hard supporters as the company crashes and burns.

Those are only recorded players by Steam. First link when I search for "everquest player base" is a Steam chart link. However you can play the game without Steam. As I read from their forums via google, EQ community claims Steam to slow down the game and don't use it for the major part. If an MMO were to really have 250 players left like shown at the Steam chart numbers they'd close their doors immediately.
Also you still don't take an answer as an answer, trying to steer the subject to off-topic areas.
I, in all honesty, don't think it's a good idea to release Diablo-Immortal. Just begining with the cinematic trailer which got over 700k down votes on YouTube should give a good cue to Blizzard.
02/24/2019 08:09 AMPosted by naksiloth

Those are only recorded players by Steam. First link when I search for "everquest player base" is a Steam chart link. However you can play the game without Steam. As I read from their forums via google, EQ community claims Steam to slow down the game and don't use it for the major part. If an MMO were to really have 250 players left like shown at the Steam chart numbers they'd close their doors immediately.
Also you still don't take an answer as an answer, trying to steer the subject to off-topic areas.

It's still not a game that is relevant in the current MMORPG lineup......

No one ever mention EverQuest when someone is looking for a great MMO in 2019... It's Black Desert, WoW, FF14 and ESO, even Guild Wars 2 comes to mind.

EverQuest may still be supported by Sony, but it's just not what people are looking for these days.

If you said that in 2008 then yeah I guess EQ would be on that list.
02/24/2019 10:47 AMPosted by Vypwulf
I, in all honesty, don't think it's a good idea to release Diablo-Immortal. Just begining with the cinematic trailer which got over 700k down votes on YouTube should give a good cue to Blizzard.

You're missing the big point friend.

Mobile gaming is a trillion dollar business world wide.

If ActiBlizz can get a dozen mobile games worldwide to bring in 10 billion dollars a year don't you think the pc game side will do better?

It will take time, but a sudden cash infusion to ActiBlizz will be a good thing imho.
02/24/2019 10:47 AMPosted by Vypwulf

it could be objectively a good game.

the only reason it's been that downvoted is because it's a mobile title, which is understandable but it wouldn't change the fact that this was basically done for 2 main reasons (the way I see it): to lay people over until the next PC title and a way to generate revenue. from an economic and business standpoint - it's a move that makes sense. This is not to say that everyone should be happy with this decision, as clearly shown over the past 3 months. I just think that from a business standpoint, it made sense.
02/24/2019 10:53 AMPosted by Imperius
No one ever mention EverQuest when someone is looking for a great MMO in 2019...

That wasn't the question. You asked if something can stay relevant for decades at the MMORPG scene then you got your answer. You're still pulling the subject off topic areas because you can't take an answer and still have a thirst for attention. I think you have an average "posts per page" to maintain.
The reality is this

PC gamers : angry, they feel content starved and mobile games are hated by most of them.

Mobile gamers : Have been looking for a game like Diablo for years and are going to get one.

Blizzard : A chance to get a solid entry in the mobile market and a chance to set itself appart if they manage to make a mobile game that is actually good.

This forum : Probably wouldn't be happy anyway. Will deny the possibility of Blizzard making a good game until they see it for themselves and even then the reception might not be good at first.
02/24/2019 11:14 AMPosted by naksiloth
02/24/2019 10:53 AMPosted by Imperius
No one ever mention EverQuest when someone is looking for a great MMO in 2019...

That wasn't the question. You asked if something can stay relevant for decades at the MMORPG scene then you got your answer. You're still pulling the subject off topic areas because you can't take an answer and still have a thirst for attention. I think you have an average "posts per page" to maintain.

My question was "name me a 14 years old game that is still just as relevant as when it was released"

EverQuest might still have some players, but you can hardly call it relevant. It's never part of the discussion when trying to find a good MMO.

If someone came to me in real life and told me "hey wanna play EverQuest?" I would wonder if I just got sent back to 2003 when that game wasn't about to be obliterated by WoW.
02/22/2019 10:20 AMPosted by Bozrah
the mobile gaming market in America, is absolutely staggering.
From a business perspective, Activistion-Blizzard would be out of their minds not to invest more into mobile gaming.

sad but true

within 10 years, PC gamers will have to choose which game to play following:
-which new no-censorship webspaces will be allowed and exsisting and surviving
instead of being launched by the CIA from the start...
(this is an ongoing route in development, but not sure to survive the Globalists)
-darknet lvl 12, or open, safe and private internet, etc

-and a PC-platform, where gaming defeats consoles, because of the freedom on PC