Diablo Immortal "pretty much ready" says NetEase CFO

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 11 Next
So,Basically what he is saying is a late 3rd quarter 4th quarter world wide release .So, They are basically setting up 2019 Blizzcon to be full on D:I and all the backlash that ensues .

Man, I can not wait for the train wreck that Blizzcon 2019 will be. It is almost as if they are asking for angry mobs of rabid fans...I will have to stock up on the popcorn to sit back and watch the forums burn..
02/24/2019 12:16 PMPosted by Agmo
So,Basically what he is saying is a late 3rd quarter 4th quarter world wide release .So, They are basically setting up 2019 Blizzcon to be full on D:I and all the backlash that ensues .

Man, I can not wait for the train wreck that Blizzcon 2019 will be. It is almost as if they are asking for angry mobs of rabid fans...I will have to stock up on the popcorn to sit back and watch the forums burn..

If you find the transcript of the last earnings call, you'll see they are planning major releases in 2020, which will most likely be revealed at Blizzcon 2019. They said there would be no major releases in 2019 and D:I will be released this year.... Which tells you where D:I stands in their lineup.
02/24/2019 11:15 AMPosted by Imperius
The reality is this

PC gamers : angry, they feel content starved and mobile games are hated by most of them.

Mobile gamers : Have been looking for a game like Diablo for years and are going to get one.

Blizzard : A chance to get a solid entry in the mobile market and a chance to set itself appart if they manage to make a mobile game that is actually good.

This forum : Probably wouldn't be happy anyway. Will deny the possibility of Blizzard making a good game until they see it for themselves and even then the reception might not be good at first.

Immortal could end up being a popular game, not good however, I've seen nothing thus far that tells me it would be a good Diablo game. That said, the damage has already been done, and blizzard's image as well as credibility in the eyes of gamers have taken a hit. For some fans, whatever blizzard announce or release now will only be looked at with eyes of uncertainty rather than excitement.
02/24/2019 12:16 PMPosted by Agmo

What most likely going to take place is Blizzard will announce another Diablo project (D4 if not announced earlier) in conjunction with Diablo Immortal to either soften the blow or to rise up the fan base. Personally I am not looking forward to Diablo Immortal as I hate mobile games so Blizz hopefully delivers but who knows.
... the damage has already been done, and blizzard's image as well as credibility in the eyes of gamers have taken a hit. For some fans, whatever blizzard announce or release now will only be looked at with eyes of uncertainty rather than excitement.

Exactly this. Even if they do release a new Diablo PC game, it's not going to be the game I rush out to acquire ASAP. I will most likely wait at least a year before I even consider getting it, just to see what they do to it during that time and how well the game genuinely performs. I might even wait longer if the changes are along the lines of what they did for the majority of updates to Diablo 3.
02/24/2019 06:22 PMPosted by Zeddicuus
... the damage has already been done, and blizzard's image as well as credibility in the eyes of gamers have taken a hit. For some fans, whatever blizzard announce or release now will only be looked at with eyes of uncertainty rather than excitement.

Exactly this. Even if they do release a new Diablo PC game, it's not going to be the game I rush out to acquire ASAP. I will most likely wait at least a year before I even consider getting it, just to see what they do to it during that time and how well the game genuinely performs. I might even wait longer if the changes are along the lines of what they did for the majority of updates to Diablo 3.

They will sneak pay to win microtransactions and lootboxes in between a week to a month after launch, so reviews don't talk about it.
02/24/2019 06:22 PMPosted by Zeddicuus

They will sneak pay to win microtransactions and lootboxes in between a week to a month after launch, so reviews don't talk about it.

Trying to predict the future? Do you want me to call you Nostradamus or you'll publish your predictions under a different name?
02/24/2019 07:04 PMPosted by Imperius
Trying to predict the future?

Nothing too stretch when you look at BlOps4 release. Reviews took in and they implemented MTX, season pass, battle pass then finally lootboxes.

02/24/2019 11:29 AMPosted by Imperius
My question was "name me a 14 years old game that is still just as relevant as when it was released"

You said "relevant" not "popular"; stop stretching the meaning. And EQ is still relevant like it or not. EQ2 released '04, EQ1 release '99; both still have servers. I still think you have a problem with having too much time at your hands and take joy from this mini-game of yours while posting in a forum you deemed "toxic".
02/24/2019 10:21 PMPosted by naksiloth
02/24/2019 07:04 PMPosted by Imperius
Trying to predict the future?

Nothing too stretch when you look at BlOps4 release. Reviews took in and they implemented MTX, season pass, battle pass then finally lootboxes.

02/24/2019 11:29 AMPosted by Imperius
My question was "name me a 14 years old game that is still just as relevant as when it was released"

You said "relevant" not "popular"; stop stretching the meaning. And EQ is still relevant like it or not. EQ2 released '04, EQ1 release '99; both still have servers. I still think you have a problem with having too much time at your hands and take joy from this mini-game of yours while posting in a forum you deemed "toxic".

Again... "As relevant as when it was released" doesn't include games that are barely getting any attention, but hey they still have servers running......

It's fine if you like EQ, but it's nowhere near as relevant as it used to be.
02/24/2019 10:59 PMPosted by Imperius
"As relevant as when it was released" doesn't include games that are barely getting any attention,

Then you'd be relieved to realize EQ2 released after WoW. So I doubt they're any more or less relevant than 14 years ago now. Being a series you may guess that applied to the EQ1 as well.

late edit: Here, have a Youtube show related to EQ series. Released at feb 20th, '19.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7u6W6RLyHc
02/24/2019 11:05 PMPosted by naksiloth
02/24/2019 10:59 PMPosted by Imperius
"As relevant as when it was released" doesn't include games that are barely getting any attention,

Then you'd be relieved to realize EQ2 released after WoW. So I doubt they're any more or less relevant than 14 years ago now. Being a series you may guess that applied to the EQ1 as well.
we clearly disagree on what makes a game relevant, so I'll leave it at that... It doesn't seem like there will be a mutual understanding here.
02/24/2019 06:47 PMPosted by Stormspark

Which is why you wait about six months to a year and see what the general consensus is. MTX might not be in initial reviews, but if they show up later you'll see talk about it in forums or on their website when they try to advertise their mtx crap. I don't need to have a game the day it's released to enjoy it. I could easily wait a year and still have a lot of fun with a well designed game with awesome gameplay. I am not a competitive player.

There are a lot of other developers out there that deserve my gaming attention more than Blizzard at this point. Diablo 3 is a decently enjoyable, short time killer where I don't give a damn if I log out in the middle of something as there is nothing really going on save Rifts and Greater Rifts. But if Diablo 4 looks to be more of the same of what D3 is now on top of mtx, I wouldn't download a demo if they paid me.
F Jay Wilson.
and F Diablo Immortal.
I guess I will have to download it because of the BlizzCon Demon Hunter Sombra Skin for Overwatch, which they will most likely make available through playing during open beta or something like that.

I feel like a complete sell out for just thinking about it...
One problem with games like this is that they rely on people being, you know, mobile. As someone who is not really able to be mobile, and lives in an area where the odds of meeting someone who doesn't have the same avoidance plans is high, it will be spectacularly hard to play such a game as intended.
I just want them to release it already!!! lol Give us a Beta or something to try out. Telling us about it and making us wait a year or more isnt cool.
They won't undercut Diablo: Immortal at 2019 BlizzCon. They will double down on it and devote the entire Diablo part of the show to Diablo: Immortal launch date announcement and stiff the fans about any information whatsoever on any other Diablo project for yet another year.
How would a Blizzcon 2019 even be possible?

Inevitable boos in opening ceremony due to the HotS demotion, Activision layoffs, and Immoral fiasco.

Inevitable boos in Immoral panels.

Inevitable boos when a new mobile game gets announced... after all, they said they are working on mobiles games across all IPs.
02/26/2019 12:53 AMPosted by Krine
How would a Blizzcon 2019 even be possible?

Inevitable boos in opening ceremony due to the HotS demotion, Activision layoffs, and Immoral fiasco.

Inevitable boos in Immoral panels.

Inevitable boos when a new mobile game gets announced... after all, they said they are working on mobiles games across all IPs.

something tells me that people who boo'd them at Blizzcon 2018 won't go to Blizzcon 2019. I find it hard to believe that someone will go through all the trouble just to get there to boo people. whether it's inevitable or not remains to be seen. after all - the disappointment is only as proportional as the anticipation.
02/25/2019 08:38 PMPosted by Strider
I just want them to release it already!!! lol Give us a Beta or something to try out. Telling us about it and making us wait a year or more isnt cool.

Remember when I heart about D2 1.10 patch years ago, I waited it for about 1 year. It is Blizzard style, no surprise to me although waiting is not cool :-)