Press F

General Discussion
If you were also ever cucked out of a good GRift run by that ***cking Pandemonium tileset.
Sorry man, but you'll have to expand on what you're talking about for us slow readers.
GR fisherman got a bad tileset. Boo Hoo.

To the forums!
Perhaps it could have still been a good GR run if you find a way to tighten up your game skills a bit more. I have a hard time believing players only fail because the game had bad RNG in map/mob configuration. Such is not always the case.

Instead of pointing fingers and blaming the game for bad luck, watch what you're doing and what you can do to improve.
02/05/2019 05:36 PMPosted by Griever
cucked
Seriously dude? You know that word has a specific meaning and is not just a generic insult like the F bomb.
Pandemonium isn't even the worst tileset and yet you take to the forums to complain.
02/06/2019 06:35 AMPosted by DonMartin
GR fisherman got a bad tileset. Boo Hoo.

To the forums!

Getting it as the 3rd or 4th floor at 90%+ progression isn't fishing.

02/06/2019 06:49 AMPosted by Zeddicuus
Perhaps it could have still been a good GR run if you find a way to tighten up your game skills a bit more. I have a hard time believing players only fail because the game had bad RNG in map/mob configuration. Such is not always the case.

Instead of pointing fingers and blaming the game for bad luck, watch what you're doing and what you can do to improve.

I have a strong feeling you never attempted anything over GR 100 if you think map layout, mob density and the type of mobs in a rift can't affect you.

02/06/2019 10:26 AMPosted by RAppel
Pandemonium isn't even the worst tileset and yet you take to the forums to complain.
It has some of the !@#$iest density, the most claustrophobic layout which sucks for any build not meant to facetank stuff and, at least on top of my head, is one of the only tileset that can pop as a greater rift with environemental hazards (shock towers).

But yeah, i was just venting :p
Getting it as the 3rd or 4th floor at 90%+ progression isn't fishing.

That's really not helping your case.
I don't like that map because of the shock towers. They're not that bad if you can skip them but if you come across them and their are elites near them, you have to prioritize the tower before anything else. Not a huge deal but it is irritating.

As far as greater rifts with environmental hazzards, the Arreat maps have those land mind things and the furnaces which also slow things down and their worse because you can't target them when you get a couple elite packs near them. Avoiding those things as well as elite affixes makes for some nerve wracking play in High Grifts.
Ewww! Greater Rift fighting?
Too bad D3 isn't like D2 where there are super sweet, and super rare noncraftable loot to hunt for which is really cool and entertaining the point of a game.

Instead in D3 ppl end up fightin bout GRift maps. D3 greater rift repeatedly 33 point 3 of course. What a glaring salvage-attempt.

D2 they don't fight bout GR maps. They hunt for rare super cool noncraftables.
20 years later too.

D3 in 15 years will be totally not-wanted, it already isn't, and wasn't since 2014 or so.
02/06/2019 06:49 AMPosted by Zeddicuus

Lol you don't know Pandemonium then - it defies all skills. It is by far the worst map in the game. On top of that, it spawns more than half the time and more than half of those full of Impalers.
And yes, players do fail due to maps, hence the "fishing." You can clear up to 3, 4 levels in the same amount of time purely due to tile and mob types and that's something about this game that would probably never get fixed.
If you were also ever cucked out of a good GRift run by that ***cking Pandemonium tileset.

But if it had tile set you didn't like, was the gr good to begin with?

I have a strong feeling you never attempted anything over GR 100 if you think map layout, mob density and the type of mobs in a rift can't affect you.

I have a strong feeling you either didn't read or didn't like what I wrote suggests. I never stated they don't affect you in any way at all. I stated that bad RNG in a GR isn't necessarily the only reason a player fails a GR. Perhaps something other that a specific tileset, or mob density, or pylon placement is causing you to fail. Something you have more control over could be the problem.

Let me put it blunt: Perhaps it's not a specific tileset that caused you to fail. Perhaps you need to look for a means to improve your strategies and skills.

What GR I finished this season is irrelevant to the conversation in any way unless you're specifically looking for a reason to downplay what I stated because you don't like what you read.
02/06/2019 12:22 PMPosted by Zeddicuus

I have a strong feeling you either didn't read or didn't like what I wrote suggests. I never stated they don't affect you in any way at all. I stated that bad RNG in a GR isn't necessarily the only reason a player fails a GR. Perhaps something other that a specific tileset, or mob density, or pylon placement is causing you to fail. Something you have more control over could be the problem.

Let me put it blunt: Perhaps it's not a specific tileset that caused you to fail. Perhaps you need to look for a means to improve your strategies and skills.

What GR I finished this season is irrelevant to the conversation in any way unless you're specifically looking for a reason to downplay what I stated because you don't like what you read.

Your reply means nothing though. Technically unless a person plays like a robot with 100% precision then you can always say "o maybe playing better would have helped". Rift layouts dictate the times by the largest margin and that's a fact.
02/06/2019 12:21 PMPosted by Pestilence

You guys know Greater Rifts have multiple floors, right?

Either way, i just got screwed badly by RNG while attempting to get on the DH leaderboard (i play pretty casually so i don't exactly have the time to grind as much gear or Paragons as most people up there), got a bit angry about it, that's it.

You guys have the higher moral ground if you don't let that kind of stuff get to you, props.
Shock towers suck with ultra dumb farts. I rolled a DH because of that map.
02/06/2019 01:55 PMPosted by Griever
02/06/2019 12:21 PMPosted by Pestilence

You guys know Greater Rifts have multiple floors, right?

Either way, i just got screwed badly by RNG while attempting to get on the DH leaderboard (i play pretty casually so i don't exactly have the time to grind as much gear or Paragons as most people up there), got a bit angry about it, that's it.

You guys have the higher moral ground if you don't let that kind of stuff get to you, props.

As far as I am concerned a lot of bad things have been done to this game and by far the worst is the leaderboards and GR. Diablo is based in RNG and is the reason I play it, but all you get on the forums now is a bunch of crybabies that complain non stop that every level on a GR rift isn't the best map and filled only with the easiest creatures to kill just so they can get on some BS means nothing LB
02/06/2019 06:00 PMPosted by MadCow

It is such a dump mechanic. I have sped run past them in mid-hi GR's only to still get shocked to death over a screen away.
As bad as pandemonium is, I've always hated the caverns (not spider caves) worse.... Had a map of it that took me 3 minutes to cross, had no elites and less then 50 mobs total.... Was just a dead sprint from one side to the other.
02/06/2019 07:44 PMPosted by Alexismad
02/06/2019 06:00 PMPosted by MadCow

It is such a dump mechanic. I have sped run past them in mid-hi GR's only to still get shocked to death over a screen away.

Yeah so my phone hilariously changed “gargs” to farts and I didn’t see it till now lol.