delete pls

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
02/17/2019 11:24 AMPosted by Shadeofdeath
It really wouldn't be that hard to use different item codes and track them in totally separate ways.

There's no need for that; the current "item codes" are not secret anyway. In fact, Blizzard publishes them in the armory and has an API to decode them.
02/17/2019 11:24 AMPosted by Shadeofdeath
It really wouldn't be that hard to use different item codes and track them in totally separate ways.

With dupe, spoof detection and at the cost of longivated gamestart duration and perhaps more weight on servers. That doesn't really bode well with current GR fishing or speedfarm metas. And even if you can figure it out, doesn't make it less painful to code. If it was possible we'd see it at consoles and nintendo switch, yet we didn't.

Best way is splitting offline and online for at least preventing hacked items. Anything else is just fad, still that calls for dupe detection because how people duped items back in D2. I think online only is here to stay no matter your woes.
02/17/2019 06:26 AMPosted by Hadd
I agree with OP. Even if they managed to separate offline/online characters, people would prob find a way to cheat modded characters into online gameplay.
People are already cheating with bots, Thud, etc...
02/17/2019 04:56 AMPosted by Kaelos
They are crypto cheaters making up weak arguments in hope to get better access to game files to ruin game even more like console versions with hacked items, revived dead hc savefiles and other hacks. They still have internet all the time to write those posts and activate Diablo 3 license keys.

Diablo 3 doesn't need offline mode. I'm pretty sure almost every gamer has constant internet nowadays and there aren't many things to do on PC without it.

how much did bobby K. pay you to make these shill posts?
02/17/2019 12:05 PMPosted by Envy
02/17/2019 04:56 AMPosted by Kaelos
They are crypto cheaters making up weak arguments in hope to get better access to game files to ruin game even more like console versions with hacked items, revived dead hc savefiles and other hacks. They still have internet all the time to write those posts and activate Diablo 3 license keys.

Diablo 3 doesn't need offline mode. I'm pretty sure almost every gamer has constant internet nowadays and there aren't many things to do on PC without it.

Really ? Because someone likes to see integrity in video gaming and therefore supports something that makes it easier (while still not perfect) for publishers to achieve that goal they are a shill ?
02/17/2019 12:47 PMPosted by Soma
02/17/2019 12:05 PMPosted by Envy

Really ? Because someone likes to see integrity in video gaming and therefore supports something that makes it easier (while still not perfect) for publishers to achieve that goal they are a shill ?

Having a separate offline on PC wouldn't affect the integrity of the online mode at all.
02/17/2019 12:56 PMPosted by apl
Having a separate offline on PC wouldn't affect the integrity of the online mode at all.

Rigggghhhht, having the 'server' side code on the PC will make it harder for them to figure out loopholes to hack it online right ?
02/17/2019 01:10 PMPosted by Soma
02/17/2019 12:56 PMPosted by apl

Rigggghhhht, having the 'server' side code on the PC will make it harder for them to figure out loopholes to hack it online right ?

I think you're missing a negative there.

Security through obscurity was never a valid security model. Not to mention there's already an exposed back end in the console version, so what further threat would it cause if they used that?
Because someone likes to see integrity in video gaming

D3 fanboys claim to support integrity yet the game they love has experienced the most insane power creep over time making what once took years take hours. This game may make claims to integrity by eliminating the auction house, but why would any sane person play something that so drastically delegitimizes every thing you do over time. This game has very little integrity, in fact it’s design is disgraceful.
02/17/2019 01:46 PMPosted by Gr8Hornytoad
This game has very little integrity, in fact it’s design is disgraceful.

I can't deny that but please separate clean play (without dupes and hacks) and piracy (which eventually they'll case lawsuits with extra effort) from game integrity which caused by lack of sight on designers' side.

02/17/2019 01:46 PMPosted by Gr8Hornytoad
This game may make claims to integrity by eliminating the auction house,

It actually made it worse, because itemization and affix design simply made with "RMAH token" mindset. I can't take credit for the term but I think it fits very nicely. When you took the RMAH out, game flaws blown outta water more.

Really ? Because someone likes to see integrity in video gaming

Integrity in video gaming? Have you read "A Quick Word From Blizzard", the post thats stickied at the top of this page?

integrity in video gaming LMAO
02/17/2019 05:50 AMPosted by PardalBR
Modders release new games from one base already developed game. They want to make money upon d3 team development work. A lot of new full mode game comes into a new game. See LoL, Red Orchestra, etc.

And the problem is? It's not like they aren't putting in the work to develop these games, you know? Modding is one of the reasons why PC gaming is awesome. Know what's the best? If you don't like them, you don't have to use them! I know this is probably going to blow your feeble mind, but there you go.
As a player that suffers anywhere between 250 - 400ms worth of delay in latency, I am always all for offline mode. I've tried using VPN, adjusting other settings, etc., but there is no way around suffering this enormous discrepancy in connectivity. Plus, there is no server dedicated to South-East Asian players and it's the main reason why I don't play as often as I do, or anymore.

So your reasoning that all of us who wants an offline mode is completely, and utterly false.
They wont give offline mode. Because either player will make a better game than dev. So they will no shoot on their own foot.
idc about offline mode but if it makes the random micro stutters stop pls fkn do it.
02/17/2019 03:09 PMPosted by PardalBR
They wont give offline mode. Because either player will make a better game than dev. So they will no shoot on their own foot.

PoE already happened, were past that now ;)
in fact i believe blizz is in the process of "copying" and "enhancing" PoE for diablo 4 ;)
02/17/2019 03:18 PMPosted by Teksuo
in fact i believe blizz is in the process of "copying" and "enhancing" PoE for diablo 4 ;)

Oh God, please no!
It's always fun seeing people display a complete lack of understanding for online security in these threads. And while I may have been more keen to the piracy argument at launch, it's a pretty safe bet that anyone who displayed any interest in the game has played it by now. The financial impact of a cracked version is pretty much going to be non-existent so many years after the fact.

Of course, an officially sanctioned offline mode and mod tools can be a different story in terms of attracting renewed interest. No one is saying you have to personally like these or partake, but the fact remains that people enjoy it just as people prefer seasonal and/or hardcore modes. And with the perceived absence of any real future content development, there's little hope left for anyone that would actually like to make more of the game, or in the case of some, put their money where their mouth is and make the "perfect" version they felt D3 should've been, but wasn't, and either gain their own cult following or realize they were wrong all along.

Ultimately, I still believe it's the best show of faith Blizzard could express after the D:I fiasco. If a true PC sequel is still 4+ years off, just toss us the keys here and let us go to town.
people keep mentioning cheats buuuuut remember diablo 2? that had an online mode and an offline mode, in the online mode where your characters were stored on the server it was not possible to alter them in any way, know what cheats there were? botting, map hacking and using diffrent hud and gee golly would you look at that same case with diablo 3
02/18/2019 02:09 AMPosted by havikryan
people keep mentioning cheats buuuuut remember diablo 2? that had an online mode and an offline mode, in the online mode where your characters were stored on the server it was not possible to alter them in any way, know what cheats there were? botting, map hacking and using diffrent hud and gee golly would you look at that same case with diablo 3

Oh? Then how did ladder exclusive items make it into the regular online mode?