So, DI

General Discussion
This is not a post to praise Blizz for the DI and no D4 debacle.
This is not about DI being a good game. It can't be a full fledged game compared to a D4. Phone games are not nearly as good as PC games and they can't be.
I am however planning to play DI at least for a bit, and at the risk of excommunication, here is how and why.
Why? To kill time until WOW classic or D4.
How? On my Galaxy? Hell no. Diablo is not a phone game.

The answer is simple.

Bluestacks. Get it. Install it. Love it.
I personally can find something better to do than playing a game on my phone.
Example: Playing a game on my PC as intended.
I would not use bluestacks to play their silly little mobile Diablo game on a regular PC, if Blizzard mailed me a certified cheque for 5 dollars.
https://diabloimmortal.com/en-gb/

I know If I download a mobile game it gets played about 5 minutes max and then gets deleted.

I still find it amazing anyone has patience in playing smartphone games.
Killing monsters with credit cards is just sad.
The way I look at it is that DI represents not just a further failure of understanding the IP/genre, but additionally not understanding the strength of mobile as a platform.

In the most general description possible mobile is a trade-off between power and convenience. The "power" loss is basically in the area of emulation and interface, which only affects certain aspects of gaming.

For example, look at a skill based FPS game. Someone playing the game through a mobile device would have no chance against an equally skilled console player and neither would have much of a chance against someone playing on PC. However, if we were to change the game to a choice path strategy game like Chess then the platform itself is practically meaningless.

So when looking at making an Action-RPG for mobile compared to PC its the action that is most hindered by the platform while RPG systems shouldn't be impacted hardly at all. What does Blizzard do? Dumbs down D3 RPG design even further and props the game up on its action.

DI is like taking an amputee who has lost their leg and entering them into a foot race instead of a pull-up competition.
02/28/2019 02:28 PMPosted by Alexismad
Killing monsters with credit cards is just sad.

Wasn't aware they released their mtx plans.
I tried BlueStacks to play a 'sequel' to a defunct game I used to love, just to play through the story, since it was left off at a cliffhanger in the original (and I miss it). BlueStacks crashes my computer.
Anyone with a shred of standards and integrity should completely reject DI on principle. It is an accumulation of ignorance, incompetence, and greed moulded into an abomination that will surely bring further disgrace to this once great franchise. DI won’t magically become a better game if ported to another platform. You’ll just get a bigger view of the same garbage.
I have no doubt D:I will be good by mobile games standards. I don't see a company like Blizzard blow its opportunity to make a name for itself on a new platform.

Will there be microtransactions? Of course, no company in their right mind would spend money on developing a game just to give it away for free.

Will those microtransactions be pay to win? No one know and those who claim to know are lying.

Will the game be good? No way to know for now, but the people who tried it at Blizzcon seemed to like it, though most just couldn't handle the fact that it was a phone game. Good or not, they disliked the whole "mobile" part of it.

Will people actually play the game? Of course, although it probably won't be their hardcore fan base. The mobile gaming community is huge and D:I will be well received by those people.

Will the story be good? Again, we don't know, but Blizzard is decent when it comes to creating compelling stories and engaging worlds. It will probably worth a try.

Will it suck? Probably if compared to a complex PC game, but compared to other mobile games it might just be the best ARPG on that platform. Keep in mind that mobiles RPGs are terrible for the most part... Only a select few arent so bad.

At the end of the day, mobile gamers will be glad to get a decent RPG game that isn't a gacha game or a fully-automated game with a crazy over the top art style.
I am going to play DI, I am likely going to get bored with DI, and then I will continue to lightly dabble in D3 and expunge all of my free time with PoE.

D4 is my saving hope, we will have to wait and see.
02/28/2019 03:14 PMPosted by Gr8Hornytoad
Anyone with a shred of standards and integrity should completely reject DI on principle. It is an accumulation of ignorance, incompetence, and greed moulded into an abomination that will surely bring further disgrace to this once great franchise. DI won’t magically become a better game if ported to another platform. You’ll just get a bigger view of the same garbage.

I guess I cannot agree with this until I see what the financial structure of the game winds up being.

You are probably right though.