Different Consumables?!

General Discussion
I've asked before, no replies from a Dev. It's been years. Can we have other consumables that add different dynamic to the game?

Simple, very simple ideas:
1. Adds a socket to a ring or amulet.
2. Re-rolls an ancient or primal ancient, keeping the item ancient or primal ancient.
3. Makes an item ancient, chance for primal. (People would drool to farm for these, and the more consumables you have from a list of them, the harder it would be to get them.)
4. Adds a socket to an off-hand.
5. Adds three sockets to a chest item.
6. Adds two sockets to a pants item.

I mean, there's many many more things you can do with consumables, like X2 exp for an hour, or crazy things that make them "consumable" one time use drops. These things should be like scratch off lottery tickets in the game, you don't know what you've won until you identify it. But please, look into this Dev team. Its worth it, and we've been waiting since Diablo 3 release for more than just one.
If you think that this dev team will add anything to the game............... xD
02/09/2019 06:24 AMPosted by Caden
2. Re-rolls an ancient or primal ancient, keeping the item ancient or primal ancient.

I wish that once something rolled (or dropped) as Ancient, it would always reroll as at least Ancient and the same with Primals. Few things are more disappointing in this game than getting an uber-rare Primal with bad attributes that really isn't worth using. However, I realize that such a change would affect the current balance of the gear hunt, making use of the Cube for gear even more efficient than it is.
all this crap you are suggesting only makes the game more casual than it already is

got a shiity item with no sockets? ez, solve it with this damn consumable
got a shiity item thats not an ancient? ez, solve it with this damn consumable
got a shiity item thats not a primal? ez, solve it with this damn consumable
ran out of crafting materials? ez, solve it with this damn consumable
ran out of normal gems? ez, solve it with this damn consumable
accidentally salvaged an item? ez, solve it with this damn consumable
accidentally died on hardcore? ez, solve it with this damn consumable

how about you learn how to play the game and understand the game genre?
02/09/2019 06:13 PMPosted by Ensky01
all this crap you are suggesting only makes the game more casual than it already is

To be fair it has felt weird I can't use Ramaladni's Gift on Off-hand. I do disagree with letting similar items be used for Jewellery however
all this crap you are suggesting only makes the game more casual than it already is.

Played the game since release bucko. Grow up and have a constructive criticism, instead of down-trodding, trolling, and bulling to make up for your lack of self confidence. Its easy math, (for me and anyone who took calculus or statistics) that if you add MORE consumables, it then becomes a MUCH harder way to find the consumable you NEED. At this point, if we were to add just the suggestions I mentioned above alone, the odds of you getting a consumable, let alone the one you actually want on any given drop are astronomical. The grind would actually be even more difficult. What I was asking for, is variance. Diversity. Make the already "fairly" rare drops for consumables actually interesting. When they drop as it is, which I have used about half a dozen, and have a dozen more in stash - are useless. If there were 15 other kinds, well finding the ONE that sockets a weapon alone would be extremely difficult. Think, next time. Don't lash at someone because you're naturally toxic kiddo.
I'm all for consumables to socket a off hand item and rings and amulets.. This season I don't even know how many ancient Amulets for my build I have scraped that have more than 1 bad stat.. Or worse than that is to find an ancient one with all good stats, but you have to roll off 1 for a socket..
02/09/2019 06:13 PMPosted by Ensky01

got a shiity item thats not an ancient? ez, solve it with this damn consumable
got a shiity item thats not a primal? ez, solve it with this damn consumable
ran out of crafting materials? ez, solve it with this damn consumable
ran out of normal gems? ez, solve it with this damn consumable
accidentally salvaged an item? ez, solve it with this damn consumable
accidentally died on hardcore? ez, solve it with this damn consumable

Yeah, this game and it's players are so casual, always wanting everything easy and quick and never embracing the true roots and soul of the series and the genre as a whole.

No D2 player would ever wish for some 'consumable' to solve all their problems.

That was what mulefactory and all the rest was for, right?
All of your ideas take away the loot hunting in the game and turns it into a consumable hunting game. Gearing is easy, if you cant stomach the easiest ARPG in the genre the game isnt for you.
add a socket to helmet?

How would this affect the storage space?
You're not the only one to suggest this - it has been suggested many times in the past 3-4 years. I wish they'd do it....but I don't think they give a f what we want.
I'm sure DI will have a consumable for just about anything in the game. Just $1.99 each.
I don't like this idea.

Additional consumables would most likely make Rama's even more rare because of the way drops are rolled.

I can't get behind this one OP.
02/12/2019 01:19 PMPosted by Caden
All of your ideas take away the loot hunting in the game and turns it into a consumable hunting game.

And yet, you then stupidly speculate about players needing to get "used to" the grind, and if they don't like it, choose another game. Some of them like myself have played from the beginning, and weren't in any way complaining about any "loot hunting."

02/12/2019 12:46 PMPosted by XS3NIGMA
I made no mention of earlier game versions. I made no contradictions, i said nothing hypocritical.

Obviously, you stated that hours of grind in the game turns into... wow look at that... another kind of grind in the game. Its completely hypocritical.

There's nothing wrong with adding simple content, like more loot. Take your dictionary, take your blatantly failed English class, and leave kid. Nobody cares but you. I guess being almost 40 years old makes me a "millennial?" You're an idiot. Think before you submit. I spoke of earlier versions because its establishing a veterans' response to your argument. Many of us have done the grind long before this version of the game. Its known. Get over it. All this thread was, was for a way to suggest they add a few more consumable types. Pretty plain there; developers don't have to go with what was suggested, that much is easy to see. Wipe your nose snowflake, shrug it off. Tomorrow's a new day. If there's a new kind of grind, wow, look at that - suck it up or play a different game, right?

Consumables are not more loot, especially when they make 99% of loot even more useless than it already is. People will only be happy if that shiny consumable drops to reroll the ancient or primal. It takes away from the game. Try to post without being toxic and insulting before you get a forum ban.