NEWS: WW 130 NS (CN) 14:09s

Barbarian
Hey Guys,

哇呀呀 in CN server did 130 14:09. (Barb World No.1)

His paragon is 7174 with avg 130 Caldesann.

He uses GS +AS

Cheers
W T F

Screen shot? Video? View Hero Details?

Was this on Asia server or China?

For the love of God, someone get something to archive.

!!!!

Edit: There are two 130 Barb clears in China, but I can't access any leaderboard data there. Help, please!
02/23/2019 08:49 PMPosted by Free
Screen shot? Video? View Hero Details?

Was this on Asia server or China?

China Server. No videos. I just got the news tonight.

You can check hero detail,skills/gears, in the following link:
http://bbs.d.163.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=173707519&extra=page%3D1
02/23/2019 08:49 PMPosted by Free
There are two 130 Barb clears in China

I guess, there is only one. The leaderborad is world (includes all servers) leaderbord.

Darkpatator use IK-charge.
@JustinFan:

It looks to me like he uses Ground Stomp AND Ancient Spear. Maybe the latter for building density in general, the former for packing them as tightly as possible to maximize targets hit by bloodshed and area damage?

Also, you got any info on any of those other China server clears, for instance the ones at 129?
Yeah, he's using Ground Stomp (Wrenching Smash... I think?) and Rage Flip (?).

Everything else looks standard, but I can't tell what passive is on his Hellfire. Guessing Weapons Master to keep up Berserker Rage?

My guess is that he/she uses Rage Flip to group density, then, like Rage mentioned, STOMPS them tightly together to maximize Bloodshed/AD procs. Likely got some back to back combo on Floors 1+2 or 1+3 of Festering and Battlefields to get the necessary density, because he's a minute under the gun.

At 7k Paragon and 14 minutes, this is very significant. It means 130 is not the ceiling for WW. And it means, perhaps, that WW might be stronger than MOTE-based builds and IK HOTA.

Cough:
WW has, in eras past, jumped out of nowhere to leap ahead of other builds.

Cough:
02/17/2019 09:49 AMPosted by Free
My bias is, of course, to warn folks not to underestimate Zodiac WW -- it has, several times, surged late in a Season to vie for the crown.
Cough: 7000 paragon
Cough: 130 Caldessans
Cough: possibly 150 gems

He could perform similarly with R6 HOTA or Wilecharge with these stats.

Nothing in this game surprises me. Also it would be good to know how many keys he burnt for 130.
You can almost see Free jumping around with a big smile upon his face. Guy roots for WW and is not afraid to show it.
Cough:
12/24/2018 10:21 PMPosted by Rage
WW will be very close, for the tiny handful of great players out there. Leap will still not quite cut it I think, but it'll be a little closer. IK6/R4 charge could compete for the throne.

R6 130-131.
IK6/R4 130-131.
WW 129-130.
Leap 127-128?

Then again....
12/25/2018 03:15 PMPosted by Rage
I think IK hota maybe 124-125.

I sure was wrong about that!

@Prokahn: yes, if he's got 7k paragon, then his gems are probably max level, it would be shocking if they weren't. And yes, VC and R6 are on the same level. But to have a jump up in max clear from 124 to 130 is impressive, nonetheless.

It's interesting that I don't think we've seen any R6 clears from "mega-paragon" (over 7000) players. We've now seen them for basically every other major build.
Impressive but like I said elsewhere, under the circumstances WW needs to clear these tiers, R6 HOTA can do a lot better.

So if WW needs 2 floors and a GG Conduit for a 130 14:00 Raekor will do the same in 12mins, and clear higher.

Raekor6 is 132+ capable for sure, with a lot less fishing than WW.

The problem with the GR system is that map/mob types obfuscate power, so you might see a comparatively poorer build with a higher clear due to RNG or just player trends.

Look at Crusader for example, there’s a bunch of 130 clears on some servers with Thorns meanwhile LON Condemn can do 134 but no one’s playing it.

In a way this is bad for WW because people will use it as an argument not to buff it, when it’s actually not as strong as other Barb builds; builds “seem” a lot stronger than they really are when all the “clear” consists of is dpsing down trash in a floor that has 90% progression in it, getting elites to 40/50% then hitting a Conduit pylon.

That’s not the build doing that, it’s the rift.

Also noteworthy that the Chinese server performs better than ours
No one doubts that R6-HOTA or VC are stronger builds. But regardless of gem levels, 130 is an impressive clear with a minute left on the clock. At 7k Paragon, this dude hasn't pushed the build as far as it can go. Sure, WW could still use a buff when compared to other builds at the same Paragon, but dang it if don't make me happy to see someone getting at that untapped potential I've been saying it has.

02/24/2019 02:49 AMPosted by Hadd
You can almost see Free jumping around with a big smile upon his face. Guy roots for WW and is not afraid to show it.

:D

02/24/2019 12:21 AMPosted by Prokahn
Cough: 7000 paragon
Cough: 130 Caldessans
Cough: possibly 150 gems

He could perform similarly with R6 HOTA or Wilecharge with these stats.

So what? He did it with a weaker build. It's still an impressive clear. WW isn't an easy build outside of T13. Like R6-HOTA, it takes some skill. Let's not reduce someone's accomplishment to gem levels and Paragon.
02/24/2019 08:46 AMPosted by Archael
The problem with the GR system is that map/mob types obfuscate power, so you might see a comparatively poorer build with a higher clear due to RNG or just player trends.

I've heard you say this before, but I'd have to say that in this scenario, your description doesn't seem to fit very well. "Small sample size" or "RNG" can be a reasonable argument for why one thinks a set might perform *better*, "if only more people played it". For instance, if last week somebody said, "hey, WW has only cleared 124, it's not very good", and I said "well, y'know, small sample size", that would make sense: not very many people play WW, so perhaps it just hasn't had the chance to succeed.

But the argument doesn't go the other way. If two people in the world are playing WW and getting high clears, having more people playing the set is not going to make the max clear go *down*.

Maybe you could make the argument that VC is underrepresented as well, but it makes no sense at all to say it about R6 HOTA. Enormous numbers of people play that build. It seems highly unlikely to me that somehow, Wroboss and this Chinese player are able to find better levels than all the R6 players out there. In fact, I would guess that the number of GRs opened by R6 players with high paragon is dozens (if not hundreds) of times higher than the number opened by WW players with high paragon. If it was as simple as "find good level, kill enemies, grab conduit", well, an R6 player could do that too!

My guess is that WW is simply much better at exploiting the characteristics of a good rift level to maximum effect, since it can use spear (and, I guess, now Ground Stomp also) to gather up and compact density. Yes, you need a good level to do that, but it's the set and the build that actually make it posssible.

I would not be surprised if WW continues to contend for #1. I wouldn't be surprised if VC or R6 take the top spot either, but whichever is on top, I think it will continue to be close.
Didn’t we estimated WW at 130+ during PTR? I thought we all know it could do 130, based on simple gr 123 + ptr buff.

But this clear doesn’t change a fact that this set and build is broken, and practically every mainstream build we have will match/beat that clear with same circumstances (paragon, gems, amount of keys, map and mob layout)

On top of it, WW is almost not playable on top tier currently on US and EU servers due to potato performance on blizz end.

Regardless, 130 is not all that WW can do, it can do 132 for sure from pure numbers buff alone. But it doesn’t make it anyhow good in comparison to other builds.
I’d surely dust off my WW if it didn’t lag like crazy on certain mob types. It just drives me nuts.
Nvm found it!
02/24/2019 08:46 AMPosted by Archael

In a way this is bad for WW because people will use it as an argument not to buff it, when it’s actually not as strong as other Barb builds; builds “seem” a lot stronger than they really are when all the “clear” consists of is dpsing down trash in a floor that has 90% progression in it, getting elites to 40/50% then hitting a Conduit pylon.

That’s not the build doing that, it’s the rift.

Bingo.

In a way, it is fortunate I guess that the skeleton D3 crew doesn't seem big enough to have time to even watch obscure stuff like this.

Everyone knows IK/Raekor/charge/hota are ~30 GRs higher than WW and it isn't even close.
04/14/2019 01:42 PMPosted by Cambios
Everyone knows IK/Raekor/charge/hota are ~30 GRs higher than WW and it isn't even close.

30 GRs! Lol, isn't it a bit late for April Fools?
04/15/2019 01:25 AMPosted by Rage
04/14/2019 01:42 PMPosted by Cambios

But we are still in time for April's Trolls, I guess?

Lol, not 30 GRs, but around 8-12 levels yes, cuz of gg Maps and moobs.

That's the real problem of WW, depend on rift to make a good push, while other barb builds move between 120-125 for mortal players (with nice Paragon). WW is between 115-125.