Impale DH Hate Gen

General Discussion
Anyone having a problem in NRs with Hate regen.. My DH runs out of hate in NRs fast and I have to run around waiting for it to regen.. The Impale build has no other way to gen hate other that time and the primary skill, killing mobs in NRs you can't gen hate after you get strong enough to fight in the high GRs..
02/11/2019 03:23 AMPosted by Romzarah
Anyone having a problem in NRs with Hate regen.. My DH runs out of hate in NRs fast and I have to run around waiting for it to regen.. The Impale build has no other way to gen hate other that time and the primary skill, killing mobs in NRs you can't gen hate after you get strong enough to fight in the high GRs..

In regular rifts you might swap to bat companion.

Or (which is my preferred choice)

Use a UE demon hunter.

Regular rights the impale build is not going to shine. It’s doable, but slow do to the hatred limitations.

There are better options.
once you've properly geared a shadow set DH you're kind of at a base minimum around gr70+ (more likely 80+)

Anything lower and you're 1shotting everything and not getting any hatred refund.

good news tho, even a craptastical UE set up will speed farm your NR's with laughable ease n speed
Even if you don't have a UE set, the game basically gives you a free Natalyas which is still a heck of a lot better than Impale for running a normal rift...
I agree with previous advice, that if you want to farm NRs, use UE/Multishot.

However, if you insist on using Shadow/Impale, change your Vengeance rune from Dark Heart to Seethe, helm gem to a topaz for resource cost reduction and your Companion rune to Bat Companion.

When doing t13 with impale switch dark heart rune to seethe and all your hatred problems will be solved. Or just use multi for farming.
02/11/2019 04:25 AMPosted by sunnyice

When doing t13 with impale switch dark heart rune to seethe and all your hatred problems will be solved. Or just use multi for farming.

Ya somewhere along the line I started using the seethe rune.. I have had problems with this build from the start with hate going to fast.. Now the only time it works at all is in GRs.. Been running GRs at 85 to 90 and it works fine.. I never liked changing chr in season, but I started this season with an Earth Barb.. But the chr is way to much work to play.. Spamming 6 button anywhere from 200 to 300 time a rift is not playable.. I have used the barb to run NRs, but I can only take running 2 or so before my hands get to sore to play.. Wish I could get the Armory thing to work .. All it does is mess things up for me.. May just switch to the Nat's/Maraders build and leave it at that, Oh wait, played that build last season..
02/11/2019 05:04 AMPosted by Romzarah
Wish I could get the Armory thing to work .. All it does is mess things up for me..

Basically the armory has two buttons, "save" and "equip." Clicking the "wrong" button can mess things up.
having a problem in NRs with Hate regen..
Not a hate regen issue. Check how Karlei's Point legendary power works. "... and it returns 15 Hatred if it hits already impaled." As your DPS rises, you will increasingly "one shot" most T13 monsters.

Most popular T13 suggestion is to switch to UE build. I have Goldskin and Avarice cubed, then have Goldwrap, Larceny ring, Fire SOJ, Hoarder gem, Zei's Vengence gem, Wreath Lightning gem.

Alternative with T13 shadow build is to use Bat companion and not use Ambush passive.
well if it dies before second impale on target you get nothing back,so use the bola cold rune to keep hatred up.
UE is way better than impale for t13. If you really want to use impale, the only way to do it is to use 4 set with a good karlei or use 6 set with a non-ancient karlei.
Shouldn't have to have 2 toons to be able to play the Impale DH.. Finding halfway good gear for 1 chr a season is hard anyway.. I would use the Armory if it didn't unsocket my gear each time..
No... b.c you make you vengeance Seethe.

I never run out hatred. I use Impale on my left click and Vengeance w/seethe on my right click. That way I'm always clicking the right click. Plus you should be using Fan of Knives w/Blade Armor. Plus why use the bat with this build use the Boar.
02/11/2019 12:12 PMPosted by BigRed
I never run out hatred. I use Impale on my left click and Vengeance w/seethe on my right click. That way I'm always clicking the right click. Plus you should be using Fan of Knives w/Blade Armor. Plus why use the bat with this build use the Boar.

Just to be sure: you'd never use Seethe in GRs, only in ordinary rifts where Boar or Wolf shouldn't be necessary but where Bat gives a lot of hatred.
I personally just run UE Multishot for regular rifts or lower GRs. Faster and don't have to worry about hatred. I don't run Impale unless doing GRs around GR 90 or higher.
02/11/2019 03:58 AMPosted by Meteorblade
I agree with previous advice, that if you want to farm NRs, use UE/Multishot.

However, if you insist on using Shadow/Impale, change your Vengeance rune from Dark Heart to Seethe, helm gem to a topaz for resource cost reduction and your Companion rune to Bat Companion.

If you change your rune to seethe, which you should for t13, you gotta cube Visage of Gunes to get the damage reduction from Dark Heart rune.
02/11/2019 12:27 PMPosted by Jazz
Just to be sure: you'd never use Seethe in GRs, only in ordinary rifts where Boar or Wolf shouldn't be necessary but where Bat gives a lot of hatred.

I have done 100 gr's with the setup I use I really don't care about the leaderboard. I'm happy with what I got. If I'm not running out of hatred why would I need the bat. I run 100 gr's I don't die so why wouldn't I use Seethe. That is what is wrong with this game it is all about the leaderboard.
02/11/2019 07:38 PMPosted by BigRed
02/11/2019 12:27 PMPosted by Jazz

I have done 100 gr's with the setup I use I really don't care about the leaderboard. I'm happy with what I got. If I'm not running out of hatred why would I need the bat. I run 100 gr's I don't die so why wouldn't I use Seethe. That is what is wrong with this game it is all about the leaderboard.

If you had any reading comprehension ability, you would have noticed that the OP was talking about running T13 nephalim rifts, not greater rifts. That's why people were suggesting seethe and bat, because everything dies in one hit and doesn't refund hatred.

There is no need to use seethe in a greater rift because you don't run out of hatred anyways. You're just wasting an ability.
The Impale build, even the very generous Lightning build, cannot be used for general farming T13.

Hatred regeneration relies on mobs being Impaled that have already been Impaled once. Hatred will only be returned if the monster that you hit has already been hit once.

The problem, of course, is that the build is so powerful, at T13 every monster that is hit is instantly killed. Therefore, zero Hatred is returned.

I do not use the Impale build for anything below GR75. Anything below that level and the monsters died too fast, do not return any Hatred and you very quickly find yourself standing there with no Hatred, no Discipline (since you can't fire Impale and get free Vault), and vulnerable to attack. The build simply fails. This is particularly troublesome in hard-core, which is why I never use that build below GR75.

The Unhallowed Essence set is superior for farming T13.