Congratulations! Stock hit an all time low!

General Discussion
I haven't been following Blizzards downfall very closely as of late because I've been preoccupied with real life, but while on break at work today I skimmed over their stock value and was delighted to see that they hit 42.61 yesterday.

When classic WoW fragments the WoW community, we may later see much greater fallout--their stock value could drop below 40.

I hope some of you are still out there fighting the food fight, letting newbies in the community know why they should steer clear from Activision Blizzard products.
Their focus is on mobile now, when they start to release those games in China, their stocks are going to soar. Unfortunate for PC gamers but that's the way they've chosen to go to earn their profits.
02/07/2019 10:16 AMPosted by Spagetto
Their focus is on mobile now, when they start to release those games in China, their stocks are going to sore. Unfortunate for PC gamers but that's the way they've chosen to go to earn their profits.

Which is exactly why if I have some extra cash here or there just before the mobile game launches I'll buy some of their stock. Hopefully making a nice little profit.
Honestly, They created this stock free fall with the D:I BS,I have no pity for them. When you have a Franchise that literally has a world wide and generational following and you keep treating them like trash sooner or later the people with the money outside of the company take notice. They are making money hand of fist off of their other games with purchasable content. They have no need beyond pure greed to make a PTW mobile game. They have many many options to actually make money off of the Diablo Franchise starting with D2 Remaster and working on more content for D3 and starting work on D4 . Not to mention they make money off of the content they sell on the China servers.

Because the Diablo games have no potential revenue stream after the initial purchase out side of China Blizzard has for years determined it a non priority for new content support or even community interaction. Sadly this is not going to change anytime soon unless they can come up with a decent plan for the game to generate money that they are so desperate for. I honestly think a purely cosmetics store would be a step in the right direction ,It would generate some income and allow for more interest and get Blizzard to step up and work on new content because they now have a game that will generate income.

My Two cents take it how you like,happy Hunting and may all your drops be primal .
Agmo
02/07/2019 10:07 AMPosted by neo
fighting the food fight
02/07/2019 10:07 AMPosted by neo
I hope some of you are still out there fighting the food fight, letting newbies in the community know why they should steer clear from Activision Blizzard products.

You can count on me, I will.
I don't think you know what all time means.
Who cares? The only people who benefit from Blizzard's stock being at $80 as opposed to $40 are the investors. And, in case you have not already noticed, the investors are only motivated by growth and profit. They do not care what Blizzard makes, only that it sells and makes them [the investors] money. I believe that this business model is the exact opposite of what gamers have advocated for, when they chose to support small, indie companies.
You know, I'm pretty sure you can still log in even if ATVI was trading below like $10.00

BTFD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
02/07/2019 11:40 AMPosted by HelloKitty
Who cares? The only people who benefit from Blizzard's stock being at $80 as opposed to $40 are the investors. And, in case you have not already noticed, the investors are only motivated by growth and profit. They do not care what Blizzard makes, only that it sells and makes them [the investors] money. I believe that this business model is the exact opposite of what gamers have advocated for, when they chose to support small, indie companies.
piss off the fan/player base and your SALES go to nill. you don't make money. So sure the INVESTORS see the profits in the stock market but if you have no one buying your product because the public thinks you are a POS... Stocks will drop and investors will jump the sinking ship.
42.21 is not the all time low. Not by a long shot.
02/07/2019 12:32 PMPosted by Pereg

He lives in a bubble... Let him be :)

He thinks he's at the head of a revolution or something.
This post only serves to show how truly clueless you are when it comes to the stock market. The latest dip is due to Activision Blizzard losing Destiny/Bungee and poor sales numbers for COD. Also, it's doing well today despite the rest of the market getting hammered.

It's not because of your general distain for Diablo Immortal. Immortal was a kick in the teeth to most of us but cheering for stock declines during a massive market pullback is stupid.
02/07/2019 12:39 PMPosted by Imperius
02/07/2019 12:32 PMPosted by Pereg

Don't patronize other people when you have no credit in anything you have said in this forum at all.

Also.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20770906946?page=5#post-86
02/07/2019 12:42 PMPosted by Exuri
02/07/2019 12:39 PMPosted by Imperius

Don't patronize other people when you have no credit in anything you have said in this forum at all.

Also.

Move on, dude... The world has been turning a lot in the past few months while you're still stuck in November 2nd
02/07/2019 11:40 AMPosted by HelloKitty
And, in case you have not already noticed, the investors are only motivated by growth and profit.

You are half right.

Investors are fine with tanking a company as long as the short term ROI is high enough. Then they move on to the next company.
Sure D:I might provide a boost. But losing your core HC group of players will see it flatline quicker after the release happens. The core gamers are where your money is. They buy all the extras, go to your cons, buy overpriced DLC, etc etc. Lose them and you lose a good chunk of your long term revenue. Sure the short term would look good but a few months down the line, no one is buying the extras so no more influx of cash.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Also.

Move on, dude... The world has been turning a lot in the past few months while you're still stuck in November 2nd

Typical dodging, while you can boldy claim your ideas and back them up at the time. You refuse to admit wrongs and still preach as if your word is truth while reeming on others.

Such cowardice posture.
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt and not calling you a Blizzard shil-ling, now I'm 100% convinced you are exactly that.
02/07/2019 01:02 PMPosted by Exuri

Typical dodging, while you can boldy claim your ideas and back them up at the time. You refuse to admit wrongs and still preach as if your word is truth while reeming on others.

Such cowardice posture.
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt and not calling you a Blizzard shil-ling, now I'm 100% convinced you are exactly that.

Whatever floats your boat, buddy. The stock market as a whole is doing poorly and even the websites who specialize on making predictions on what to buy or not buy are having a hard time.

Don't be so salty, it's just video games
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Such cowardice posture.

Whatever floats your boat, buddy. The stock market as a whole is doing poorly and even the websites who specialize on making predictions on what to buy or not buy are having a hard time.

Don't be so salty, it's just video games

But you have all the stats, are right, and tell the rest of the forum how to think and how right you will be.

This is a prime example I want everyone to see how far people should throw you and it's not far. You seem to enjoy antagonizing with your false credentials, pseudo-intellectual ramblings. This is a very good example of why no one should be even close to interacting with you besides giving you a downvote.

You're not doing yourself any favors here, or gaining a shred of credibility you have constantly and consistently shat on.