Congratulations! Stock hit an all time low!

General Discussion
why aren't all these doom threads not closed instantly?
-a few days ago there was a thread-closing frenzy on valid threads...
The whole industry is not doing well lately market-wise. Check out EA and Take 2s numbers over the last few days.
Blizzard: We hear you.

Us: We hear you too. So you get back as much as we do. Nothing.

Sorry blizz devs you gotta put up your 4th house for sale cause your ship is sinking.
02/07/2019 01:13 PMPosted by Exuri

Whatever floats your boat, buddy. The stock market as a whole is doing poorly and even the websites who specialize on making predictions on what to buy or not buy are having a hard time.

Don't be so salty, it's just video games

But you have all the stats, are right, and tell the rest of the forum how to think and how right you will be.

This is a prime example I want everyone to see how far people should throw you and it's not far. You seem to enjoy antagonizing with your false credentials, pseudo-intellectual ramblings. This is a very good example of why no one should be even close to interacting with you besides giving you a downvote.

You're not doing yourself any favors here, or gaining a shred of credibility you have constantly and consistently shat on.

Damn, that's a lot of salt.

Truth is I don't really recall ever talking to you. Maybe I did, but I usually filter out those who have nothing to say except for spreading all their saltiness over the forum.

But hey, whatever floats your boat.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

But you have all the stats, are right, and tell the rest of the forum how to think and how right you will be.

This is a prime example I want everyone to see how far people should throw you and it's not far. You seem to enjoy antagonizing with your false credentials, pseudo-intellectual ramblings. This is a very good example of why no one should be even close to interacting with you besides giving you a downvote.

You're not doing yourself any favors here, or gaining a shred of credibility you have constantly and consistently shat on.

Truth is I don't really recall ever talking to you. Maybe I did, but I usually filter out those who have nothing to say except for spreading all their saltiness over the forum.

Yikes a broken record, lift the pin a second and say something that isn't using "salt" and "boats" as an excuse. Pathetic.

Knowing you have talked to me is irrelevant to any situation..what are you even trying to do?
02/08/2019 06:33 AMPosted by Exuri

Yikes a broken record, lift the pin a second and say something that isn't using "salt" and "boats" as an excuse. Pathetic.

Knowing you have talked to me is irrelevant to any situation..what are you even trying to do?

can we stop with this back and forth? it's not contributing to anything constructive or insightful.

bottom line is - unless someone here knows how the stock market works, can we just agree not to jump into conclusions? thinking that ATVI stock dropped because they announced D:I is a bit on the nonsensical side. most major publishers have been in a free fall the past couple of months. the market fluctuates. it happens all the time from what i've seen.
Even if di will make their stocks go up again. Blizzard as a whole is failing in every department they have. Wow community is falling apart. Diablo community is falling apart. Don’t hear much about overwatch but doesn’t look like it’s over the roof. Any other game they have doesn’t sound like it’s doing great.

Instead of growing they are falling. And stocks or no stocks. The communities are showing it more and more over time.
Dunno how much more it can fall but, 42 was a good price to buy some.

Maybe falling stock price finally makes them release some new content to us.
* New expansion, new class, more stash space...
* Diablo 4!!!
02/07/2019 10:07 AMPosted by neo
I haven't been following Blizzards downfall very closely as of late because I've been preoccupied with real life, but while on break at work today I skimmed over their stock value and was delighted to see that they hit 42.61 yesterday.

When classic WoW fragments the WoW community, we may later see much greater fallout--their stock value could drop below 40.

I hope some of you are still out there fighting the food fight, letting newbies in the community know why they should steer clear from Activision Blizzard products.

I am...I don't post much on here anymore, because I washed my hands of all Blizzard products last November. Uninstalled everything, including the battle.net launcher (told the 2 people I know who still use it that they would have to find another way to talk to me), never came back. It is a company (along with EA and Apple) that I will never do business with and will never get one cent of my money.
Dont buy the dip, its headed south unless ATVI gets their crap together and follow what makes money. I have lost almost 37% ATM. Didnt want to sell because I thought they would get some ideas and games rolling. Lets go!
I've said it here before. When the stock price hits $35 I'll CONSIDER buying for the rebound.
02/07/2019 01:31 PMPosted by evok
The whole industry is not doing well lately market-wise. Check out EA and Take 2s numbers over the last few days.

EA was up 16% on Friday!

They tanked 13% Wednesday on poor results (Battlefield V didn't sell well and mobile underperformed) but rallied back 5% on Thursday and another 16% on Friday after Apex Legends got 10 million players in 3 days.

A game from Respawn that's a battle royale with loot boxes that isn't Titanfall 3 and released after they were acquired by EA added a huge amount to EA's value because they announced it & release it at the same time and it got significant traction because its' a great game.

The lessons for Activision Blizzard are (1) consider not talking about games until they're ready -- imagine how it'd be different if they only announced Diablo: Immortal when it was ready to play, and (2) if an EA game can do this well then it shows you all is forgiven if you release high quality games.
02/07/2019 02:08 PMPosted by Hellsspawn
Blizzard: We hear you.

Us: We hear you too. So you get back as much as we do. Nothing.

Sorry blizz devs you gotta put up your 4th house for sale cause your ship is sinking.

11/07/2018 03:06 PMPosted by Nevalistis
We want to start by saying we hear you.

Since the moment we stepped into the office on Monday, we have been discussing everything Diablo non-stop. We’re fully committed to listening and engaging—so please keep the constructive feedback coming. Our primary focus right now is poring over that feedback to inform internal discussions, and we’ll follow up with further thoughts as soon as we can.
Are they going to shut down the servers?
Huh imagine that

I was told here that mobile gaming is the money maker will save this company. You would think having Candy Crush racking in the cash would get this company out of the hole. Yet the stocks keep falling. Maybe doubling down on the mobile market isn't such a great idea, especially when investors got scared off from Belgium setting the precedence.

But then you don't have to look too far and looking at EA with Apex, a PC GAME and their stock immediately jumps.

Terrible games are terrible. When Activision Blizzard is banking on remasters (Warcraft 3, Classic WoW) to carry them through the year, oh boy..... it's only going to get worse.
02/09/2019 01:12 PMPosted by Optimism
Huh imagine that

I was told here that mobile gaming is the money maker will save this company. You would think having Candy Crush racking in the cash would get this company out of the hole. Yet the stocks keep falling. Maybe doubling down on the mobile market isn't such a great idea, especially when investors got scared off from Belgium setting the precedence.

But then you don't have to look too far and looking at EA with Apex, a PC GAME and their stock immediately jumps.

Terrible games are terrible. When Activision Blizzard is banking on remasters (Warcraft 3, Classic WoW) to carry them through the year, oh boy..... it's only going to get worse.

Candy Crush had a huge impact on the shares' value following its acquisition. Activision Blizzard saw some of the biggest gains in its history. It's far from a stretch to believe that stocks will go up if D:I shows the same kind of success as Candy Crush.

Remastered games are something fans have been begging Blizzard to do for years and I fail to see how it's a bad thing. It shows they listened and acted in a way that was supposed to please the fan's.
I haven't been following Blizzards downfall very closely as of late because I've been preoccupied with real life, but while on break at work today I skimmed over their stock value and was delighted to see that they hit 42.61 yesterday.

When classic WoW fragments the WoW community, we may later see much greater fallout--their stock value could drop below 40.

I hope some of you are still out there fighting the food fight, letting newbies in the community know why they should steer clear from Activision Blizzard products.

Lol downfall? Hardly.
I hope some of you are still out there fighting the food fight
Every day. My favorite weapon is broccoli with cheese sauce.