Layoffs: CMs affected?

General Discussion
I think it's pretty clear that "Community Manager" is a pretty obsoleted division wih tin Blizzard. At least for the Diablo community.

Case and point: Diablo Immortal was announced at Blizzcon. I would assume all CM input to decision was 0 What's the point then? MVPs can do this stuff for free.

While it's fun promoting Diablo Immortal as the Savior of the company (which it totally is!). One cannot overlook this...
02/11/2019 11:20 AMPosted by Phase
I think it's pretty clear that "Community Manager" is a pretty obsoleted division wih tin Blizzard. At least for the Diablo community.

Case and point: Diablo Immortal was announced at Blizzcon. I would assume all CM input to decision was 0 What's the point then? MVPs can do this stuff for free.

While it's fun promoting Diablo Immortal as the Savior of the company (which it totally is!). One cannot overlook this...

I also thought about this, I figure there is really no position lower than a CM at Blizzard right? Correct me if I'm wrong and let me know what the lowest is.

Isn't it like glorified inbound telemarketing?

Why would they be paying people to work manage a community they don't even speak to. I'd definitely be cutting things that don't matter directly out for budget purposes.
Do we still have CMs, I can no longer tell. The last word we had was the forges are burning hot which turned out to be nothing, from 6 months ago. Let's not forget the ever popular "We’re fully committed to listening and engaging" from November, it is now February. The poor shareholders will be listening tomorrow. If anyone from Activision-Blizzard is still listening, I have money to spend, on D4/PC do you want any of it? Even if our CMs do not talk to us, I sincerely hope that they are not on the list.

Stocks are now down another 7%, below 40.
02/11/2019 11:20 AMPosted by Phase
Case and point: Diablo Immortal was announced at Blizzcon. I would assume all CM input to decision was 0 What's the point then?

This sums it up pretty well. If they wanna recover from this mess they better pay attention to their fan and player concern reports -if there is any- instead of pushing them aside.
02/11/2019 12:21 PMPosted by naksiloth
If they wanna recover from this mess they better pay attention to their fan and player concern reports -if there is any- instead of pushing them aside.

Yeah but that's not how bli$$ard thinks. It's more like 'if your customers are not happy, go find new customers'.
Get your resume up to date!!! Just saying
Edited.
After some research looks like GM's gross the lowest salary at Blizzard, assuming CM's get a bigger paycheck.

Looks like they could cut both and get a little money back.
We've had what, two Blue posts since Blizzcon? How many green posts have you seen?

I expect the next blue posts to be in Chinese from a NetEase dev.