Congratulations, stocks sub 40!

Games & Technology
I'm going to celebrate by ordering Dominos pizza tonight (in reference to this: https://i.imgur.com/MaXi7Vy.jpg ).

Glad to see Activision Blizzard is finally getting their just deserts. This is what happens when you treat your fans AND employees like total garbage.

Fans want quality content, and you give them the middle finger. Your employees want a living wage, and you outsource their jobs. Activision Blizzard deserves the financial failure that's on the horizon.
Everyone on this forum who's defending a 52% stock price decline since October of last year and it has nothing to do with anything somehow.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CER4SbxWYAAAztV.png
Everyone on this forum who's defending a 52% stock price decline since October of last year.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CER4SbxWYAAAztV.png

Since they announced DI, they've lost more than two years worth of stock value.

I really hope investors pull out and put Activision Blizzard on their knees.
So buy a pizza get a loot box?

I don't know how to feel about this.

Would it be better if loot boxes were tied to rl purchases?

I think rockstar or monster did something like this for destiny 2.
I am not sure how the market works. After Bobby Kotick does his tap dance for the investors after hours tomorrow, will the investors dump even more stocks? Could it go down to 30? How do the investors know when to buy or sell?
I'm sure the employees, stock holders etc. would disagree with your assessment this is a good thing.
I would say the D:I announcement has exactly 0 to do with this.
Nothing new has come out of Blizzard-Activision for a bit here. Once they get a release date for the next COD or D:I or another WoW expansion the stock price will jump back up.
02/11/2019 02:35 PMPosted by Soma
the stock price will jump back up.

That will not help any of the current employees who will be getting a pink slip tomorrow or soon after.
I'm sure the employees, stock holders etc. would disagree with your assessment this is a good thing.
Nothing new has come out of Blizzard-Activision for a bit here. Once they get a release date for the next COD or D:I or another WoW expansion the stock price will jump back up.

I could care less about all this, but don't kid yourself.

Let's be real here, had that been a Diablo 4 announcement is this stock sitting here today under $40? NOT LIKELY.
I want Blizz to do well but I want Activision to burst into flames. So this is sad yet happy. Sounds like Activision has completely lost their !@#$ and is tanking the company hard, hope they don't take Blizz with them but Blizz might not have a choice. Not sure if they can buy themselves out of Activision control? (no idea how it setup isn't Activision the parent company?)
02/11/2019 02:43 PMPosted by Avalon
the stock price will jump back up.

That will not help any of the current employees who will be getting a pink slip tomorrow or soon after.

Once their jobs are outsourced to China they will NEVER come back.

If I worked at Blizzard I'd be using my lunch breaks to start checking indeed for job offers. Otherwise they're likely to be standing in the unemployment line very soon.

Do you look as dumb as you sound on the internet? 20,000 posts like this, oh boy, we got a live one here.
Maybe its me, but I feel that rooting for something like this is likely to spell more doom than hope.

I want Blizzard to get their stuff straight too and man up when they make a mistake, but from my seat, its almost like you all want them to completely fail. If that happens, then what happens to all these games?

I don't know, just seems overly doom and gloom. Getting old I guess.

Game on.
02/11/2019 02:55 PMPosted by neo

Do you look as dumb as you sound on the internet? 20,000 posts like this, oh boy, we got a live one here.
he trolls on every post
I do not want them to fail, I want them to stop giving multi million dollar bonuses to the upper level management, when they are giving pink slips to the workforce. Start by supporting the developers and let them do what they do. Insure that the PC core base will always be taken care of regardless of any new markets. Communicate with the players, stop the cloak and dagger mentality.

One review of current events:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6rwbKzrcd8
Activision must be on fire because investors are doing the “stock drop and roll”.
I do not want them to fail, I want them to stop giving multi million dollar bonuses to the upper level management when they are giving pink slips to the workforce. Start by supporting the developers and let them do what they do. Insure that the PC core base will always be taken care of regardless of any new markets. Communicate with the players, stop the cloak and dagger mentality.

One review of current events:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6rwbKzrcd8

You gave a good diagnosis of what is happening inside Actiblizz. Sadly there's no cure other than it being completely scrapped to the core.

When a game company founded by developers and programmers forgets to make good game for the pleasure of gamers and focus on stock marketing, investors and to give Millions to the suits, fire programers and developers, then that company is doomed to fail.

It cannot recover as it's the main purpose of the suits, they exist to make money and see the gamers as cattle to predate.
02/11/2019 02:27 PMPosted by Pestilence
So buy a pizza get a loot box?

I don't know how to feel about this.

Would it be better if loot boxes were tied to rl purchases?

I think rockstar or monster did something like this for destiny 2.

Wow. So much hate for a simple pondering?

Op's the one advertising promotions for other games on the forums.
02/11/2019 03:34 PMPosted by Celestrious
Activision must be on fire because investors are doing the “stock drop and roll”.

You could say "the forges are BURNING hot!"
02/11/2019 02:35 PMPosted by Avalon
I am not sure how the market works. After Bobby Kotick does his tap dance for the investors after hours tomorrow, will the investors dump even more stocks? Could it go down to 30? How do the investors know when to buy or sell?

Not by consulting gamer forums. Too many here have suddenly become closet stock experts, yet they don't know the difference between a decline, adjustment or a real crash.