The forges are "hot"

General Discussion
02/14/2019 06:31 PMPosted by evok
02/12/2019 10:27 PMPosted by Neothanos
In the Blizzard's often mentioned soon™ children grow up, get jobs, buy houses, start families and have one foot in the grave already. In that time they only hear rumors about a new title coming from Blizzard. Its ridiculous.

This is sadly so true. They have shown all the classic symptoms of getting too big too fast (on Wow money). They just become bloated it becomes next to impossible to get anything done. It explains their snail-like ability to deliver content.

Exactly. Instead of closing Blizz North and consolidating everything in one place they should have opened more branches and allowed them to diversify and have more decentralized control of their own content.
02/12/2019 07:24 PMPosted by Krine
I've heard that quote since 2014. Since then we've gotten another StarCraft II expansion which the entire game couldn't even outlive its 12 year old prequel, Diablow 3, declining WoW expansions, plus the only smashing hits being Overwatch and Hearthstone which is only a card game.

And no new PC game in sight.
Correct but a big asterisk.
HS is really losing its flare.

Devs don't understand...HS is about deckbuilding...not playing a solved meta. HS is about navigating decks...not streamlining them out to a Death Knight or so. Or playing out a too-low-bar OTK.

I could on so long about HS, but that game went downhill real fast whether that's bc Brode left or not who knows, but those devs are super out of touch.

They clearly think everyone is A-OK playing HS replay decks into one another...repeatedly...for 3 months until the next expansion breathes 2 weeks to a month of fresh into it. Lets attack Classic set instead of our off-limits Death Knights / Quests / Too-easy OTKs...Shadowstepping Coldlights….I mean they've said "this would be too OP w Baku so we made this card 6" - that IS balancing the game around a 2018 expansion card...instead of the game's foundation. Super vom!

When you know your opponent didn't deckbuild and is playing meta / HS replay...that sucks. Devs don't seem to care? Super uncool. Like who HS replays a deck and has fun with that...your list / cardback is transparent...nothings a surprise...nothing was your-brain in your decklist...and the plays you make with a metadeck aren't anything to feel unique about. Sure when you are new it's all good...and we all know Blizz loves to cater to that player who 'leaves and comes back" instead of the player's who don't leave...OR...the player who leaves and wants to come back to a changed game. Once you hit leg in HS you're like..."ok I don't ever want to play a copied deck again, I prefer the challenge of playing weaker cards" and blizz doesn't get this.

There is no off-meta support because of how powerful they make their box-out new cards...and avoid nerfing them...and avoid printing off-meta deck-fuel like coveted card-draw or unique synergies with certain class-cards.
02/12/2019 07:15 PMPosted by Lloyd

So, I think something might be coming.
Just "soon" if you get my meaning! :/

Sorry Duke Nukem has that trademarked!
While the forges are no doubt hot, we don't know what that means. It could be anything from new games to just Netflix along with a few non game projects. We can only wait to see what they have to offer. Hope they do tell us something during this year. If by this time next year they don't announce anything at all. Then I predict that when D4 is announced those that would want to buy it would be able to do so without preording.
02/16/2019 09:29 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
Hope they do tell us something during this year.

My hope is for PAX East at March. After that I doubt we'll hear anything at Gamescom in August because 2-3 months later there's Blizzcon already.
02/16/2019 09:32 AMPosted by naksiloth
02/16/2019 09:29 AMPosted by ShadowAegis
Hope they do tell us something during this year.

My hope is for PAX East at March. After that I doubt we'll hear anything at Gamescom in August because 2-3 months later there's Blizzcon already.

This post is exactly why using Blizzcon as a pedestal to announce things was a bad idea.

Feeling like an announcement at a convention will not happen because it is near Blizzcon is just bad, it leads to false expectations, upon other issues.

BLIZZARD, just stop with it!