Boosting the chance to find Ancient & Primal items

General Discussion
Does the Nagelring (+50% chance to finding magical items) increase the odds of finding ancient and primal ancient items?
Not in any noticeable way.
so far i've only seen the red light shining up on one item. It was a perfect fit for my character (KyoShiro's Blade). I have a feeling I won't find any others for a while. :o/
Clear mob rich maps after rift boss is down.

Dont close after boss is down unless is a lean mob map (indoor, cavern, hallway or tunnel maps). I usually close these. Check out the next level if you can to see if its a good map.

Usually outdoor maps and the Graveyard are best.

Open all chests!! I have gotten quite a few primals from chests and "gizmos" (loose rocks, stones etc). Dont ignore these.

Basically you want a target rich environment to farm out.
The boost is so miniscule it’s not even worth it.
look at the magic find increase percentage in the text associated with tier difficulty when selecting a difficulty before entering a game.

now add 50 to that number. Now quit making that face, this is how it works. really.
used the nagelring and did get a lot of legos but that won't change the crappy roll chance of primal.
You understand that ONLY 10% of your over all MF goes towards legendary items right?

So with your 50%, you are only increasing the drop rate of a legendary by 5%, this also means less blue items and more rares (30% chance to upgrade blues to rares if i remember correctly)

Also Torments increase your MF by something like 300%+ (IDK the actual nuimbers now, they used to show the numbers but they took it away when T13 came out, it was 15-30% bonus MF per each Torment, 190% for T6, so add 20%x7 (330%). Adding 50% isnt doing much for you.

Over all you go from 33% a rare item turns into a legendary to 38%.
02/05/2019 12:52 PMPosted by Faux
Over all you go from 33% a rare item turns into a legendary to 38%.
Didn't putting MF gear on your follower also increase your MF%?
yes, but it's something like 10% of that already reduced number. So it's a very, very small increase. You are usually better off boosting character power in some way or just adding move speed so you can loot faster.
02/04/2019 09:45 AMPosted by MaxCarnage

Dont close after boss is down unless is a lean mob map (indoor, cavern, hallway or tunnel maps). I usually close these. Check out the next level if you can to see if its a good map.

Open all chests!! I have gotten quite a few primals from chests and "gizmos" (loose rocks, stones etc). Dont ignore these.

Or... close maps ASAP to farm more keys to speed clear Greater Rift 80's (doable with a base version of any of the currently good sets/build, no ancients, super high gems or augments required)drops gear a lot more reliabely on top of a ton of Blood Shards and other goodies.

There's 0 reasons to full clear a regular rift.
The only thing I've experienced that may cause an increase in legs and pri's is very fast killing at high difficulties!

You can easily see this happening in a T13 rift with big open map full of density of large trash mobs and Elites, being wiped out almost instantly by WW barbs and DH MS etc.

The leg's litter the map.
Unfortunately there is no easy way of farming primals or ancients
I was never really really fast with farming runs until this patch. For the first time I'm actually trying to farm fast t13 rifts and fast what ever GR lvl I can farm on that character. Finally primals start to drop, now I'm facing the next problem, finding the ones that are actually useful.
02/05/2019 06:35 PMPosted by Griever
02/04/2019 09:45 AMPosted by MaxCarnage

Or... close maps ASAP to farm more keys to speed clear Greater Rift 80's (doable with a base version of any of the currently good sets/build, no ancients, super high gems or augments required)drops gear a lot more reliabely on top of a ton of Blood Shards and other goodies.

There's 0 reasons to full clear a regular rift.

Death breath farming.. Something grifts give none of
To find *useful* primals, you run bounties and reforge legendaries in the cube until it pops Primal. ((Yes, it's agonizing, but it's the only (almost) sure thing)).
Thanks everyone!
02/06/2019 04:04 AMPosted by Cannae
To find *useful* primals, you run bounties and reforge legendaries in the cube until it pops Primal. ((Yes, it's agonizing, but it's the only (almost) sure thing)).

This^
Honestly, the only real bang for your buck is a primal weapon. Most other items are just bragging rights as they're probably only going to be a couple percent better than an ancient.
Gather enough mats to reforge a weapon ~2000 times and you should get a primal well before then.

Note that certain weapons like Karlei's Point have a tiny loot pool and it's easier to just upgrade rare daggers.
02/05/2019 07:32 PMPosted by Chetanji
The only thing I've experienced that may cause an increase in legs and pri's is very fast killing at high difficulties!

You can easily see this happening in a T13 rift with big open map full of density of large trash mobs and Elites, being wiped out almost instantly by WW barbs and DH MS etc.

The leg's litter the map.

I find I get way more primals in public games... but I also get way more off-class drops in public games. As well, all the primals I've gotten this season in pubs have been utterly useless, and the 3 useful primals I got dropped in private games. Probably just the luck of the draw, but it seems to me like there's something going on behind the scenes that makes drops in pubs slightly more random while drops in private games are a little more pointed.
02/06/2019 06:56 AMPosted by SoAngry
02/06/2019 04:04 AMPosted by Cannae

This^
Honestly, the only real bang for your buck is a primal weapon. Most other items are just bragging rights as they're probably only going to be a couple percent better than an ancient.
Gather enough mats to reforge a weapon ~2000 times and you should get a primal well before then.

Note that certain weapons like Karlei's Point have a tiny loot pool and it's easier to just upgrade rare daggers.

Even a weapon... if you luck out and get more or less the right affixes on an ancient, you can just re-roll the damage modifier till it's basically primal. I use this strategy quite often early on in a character. Like the weapon I have now on my seasonal I didn't have to roll the damage, but that's only because it was naturally good enough to replace the item which I had done that for, and came with better affixes. (Though it's still not quite a GG weapon)