Diablo getting more developers (from earnings)

General Discussion
"The number of developers working on Call of Duty, Candy Crush, Overwatch, Warcraft®, Hearthstone and Diablo® in aggregate will increase approximately 20% over the course of 2019."

Yea, that ´s exactly what i would say to my shareholders when my company just lost 40-45% value in just 3 months.
Of course they will move more developers to a new Call of Duty / Diablo 4 / D:Immoral - otherwise they won `t earn enough money in 2020 to make shareholders happy.
That ´s probably the top priority for them right now; to push these 3 games out as soon as possible.
I `m also pretty sure we will see a lot more microtransaction in 2019. ( New mounts in wow - and even something cosmetic in diablo 3 )
Saying it now: Diablo Immortal will also give you some super epic wings / ingame items in wow etc. ... just so people buy it.
how many devs does it take to get rid of microstutters?

too many for blizz apparently.
02/13/2019 12:38 PMPosted by Teksuo

It only takes 1 person and it's you... enable v-sync in your graphic card settings
02/13/2019 12:40 PMPosted by Imperius
02/13/2019 12:38 PMPosted by Teksuo

It only takes 1 person and it's you... enable v-sync in your graphic card settings

*cough* r-word *cough* :)
02/12/2019 03:00 PMPosted by MissCheetah
I admit, I am pretty angry right now. Record profits = 8% layoffs.

The work isn't there to be done. They could just pay people to do nothing but instead they've chosen to get rid of people while offering decent benefits and helping them find other roles. Could be worse for them.

If you look at 2019 it's the weakest release slate they've had in a while, but they talk about the biggest pipeline they've had in a while. That's why they're upping the number of developers and decreasing roles that relate to new releases (the work isn't there to be done in 2019) or in roles that aren't doing well (esports outside of Overwatch and Call of Duty).

An on record profits, that's 2018 -- in 2019 they're guiding to a 19% decline in earnings* after these cuts -- that decline would be far worse without these cuts.

* analysts look at Non-GAAP EPS adjusted by GAAP deferrals, so EPS guidance for 2019 is $2.10 ($1.85+$0.25) vs $2.60 in 2018 ($2.72-0.12).

QFT. Jinx gets it. It seems pretty basic. They probably intend to slowly staff back up starting in 2020.
02/13/2019 08:40 AMPosted by Imperius
If they were to make another Diablo game on mobile they would compete with their own game and would risk making one obsolete in doing so.

they could make a downgraded version of al their NS Diablo versions for PC.
-this is the result of mergers, where money must be earned on many games at once.
-marketing adapts, playerbases suffer.