Diablo Immortal, Not 4, is the Future of this Franchise

General Discussion
Diablo 4 way too much development time and focus is waning from Diablo Immortal. ATVI stock falling recently is proof of this.

We need Diablo Immortal to be as pristine as possible for this franchise to stay afloat. I for one look forward to all the micro-transactions gracing us with this game. I for one am absolutely thrilled at the prospect for having the competitive edge for a nominal cost.

Remember, the next time someone mentions Diablo 4, the best response is "Diablo 4get about it" :D
Prepare for the onslaught lol
If it is its time, let the diablo franchise die with dignity, may Immortal disappear into the tide of crap in the appstore like the lazy cash-grab reskin it is. Amen.
I'm predicting that your post will be buried.
There isn’t a single good reason why D4 wouldn’t be in development right now.
Believable. Phone apps, pay to play are the big cash money.
It is not unreasonable to predict that D4 will be a cell phone game.
Follow the money.
Dont you have phones?
02/07/2019 05:06 PMPosted by Shogun
Believable. Phone apps, pay to play are the big cash money.
It is not unreasonable to predict that D4 will be a cell phone game.
Follow the money.
Dont you have phones?

You know Blizzard has more than enough devs to do mobile games while making games for all other platforms, right? Ignoring the very lucrative mobile market wouldn’t be smart, anyway.

With D:I they’ll have the insanely high amount of mobile game of two... A whole two mobile games, tragic.
02/07/2019 04:45 PMPosted by Phase
"Diablo 4get about it"

When trolling meets the truth.
:(
Diablo 4 way too much development time and focus is waning from Diablo Immortal. ATVI stock falling recently is proof of this.
Is there any proof of this or are you just making a false connection in a vain attempt to prop up support for Diablo Immortal?

All there is to find as to why ATVI fell this week is due to the disappointing earnings call for both EA and Take-Two and both of their stock prices fell as a result. This somehow had a knock-on effect for ATVI.
02/07/2019 06:10 PMPosted by Hypersonic
Is there any proof of this or are you just making a false connection in a vain attempt to prop up support for Diablo Immortal?

All there is to find as to why ATVI fell this week is due to the disappointing earnings call for both EA and Take-Two and both of their stock prices fell as a result. This somehow had a knock-on effect for ATVI.

Just another doom and gloom thread that's added to the pile of doom and gloom threads. There's no basis to the claims that Blizzard abandoned the PC market, but those threads will continue to pop up until Blizzard flat out says "Those are the PC games you'll get on 'X' date".

The fan's whole "we've been abandoned" sentiment is pretty much 75% self inflicted and 25% Blizzard not answering questions about ongoing projects with straight answers.

We need Diablo Immortal to be as pristine as possible for this franchise to stay afloat. I for one look forward to all the micro-transactions gracing us with this game. I for one am absolutely thrilled at the prospect for having the competitive edge for a nominal cost.

Remember, the next time someone mentions Diablo 4, the best response is "Diablo 4get about it" :D

A good troll is not obvious. You sir are obvious. 0/10.
proof

You don't quite know what this word means, do you?
02/07/2019 10:46 PMPosted by Imperius
02/07/2019 06:10 PMPosted by Hypersonic
...Is there any proof of this or are you just making a false connection in a vain attempt to prop up support for Diablo Immortal?

Just another doom and gloom thread that's added to the pile of doom and gloom threads. There's no basis to the claims that Blizzard abandoned the PC market, but those threads will continue to pop up until Blizzard flat out says "Those are the PC games you'll get on 'X' date".

The fan's whole "we've been abandoned" sentiment is pretty much 75% self inflicted and 25% Blizzard not answering questions about ongoing projects with straight answers.

I agree. People are not so soon to forget things like this, be it self inflicted or not. Blizzard posted the Book of Adria on Instagram and about 98% of the comments there were variations of "don't you guys have phones?". This is just childish behavior that is being bolstered by a sense of "i got hurt so i'll hurt back" juvenile mentality. I don't agree with the continuing outlash and it's mostly being propagated by people who hasn't accepted that this is happening, don't care about the company anymore and just stay here to make everyone as miserable as they are (because we all know that misery loves company) or generally just because they have nothing better to do and want attention or feel like they are fueled by a sense of justice to remind Blizzard that they've wronged them or something.

it's just... If i felt hurt by something, i wouldn't stay there.
The Diablo franchise as we know it is dead.
Hey enjoy d3 mobile. Because that’s what it will be in the end. Oh and paying for gr keys while they gate everything with cooldowns and make it a pay to win. Great game can’t wait for it to fail. Except the China market where mobile game is big. But who gives 2fs about China.

But I don’t care if the franchise stays afloat if they’re not making it on mediums I want to play on. I don’t care one iota about phone games - I’m too busy playing on my true 4K 55” TV and 4K monitors.

And pay2win games are notoriously bad experiences. I’ve played them. They suck.
They have more than made their money back through Diablo 3 sales, ROS sales, Playstayion, Xbox and now Switch sales. There is NO NEED for Diablo Immortal to finance the next installment of Diablo. It's just plain greed.

But a lot of fans don't even think Diablo 4 will even be any good. If Diablo 3 was a step in the wrong direction, and Diablo Immortal was all but shun by the fans, then that doesn't leave a lot of hope for Diablo 4.

But maybe Blizzard will pleasantly surprise us. All we can do is wait.
02/08/2019 10:22 AMPosted by TardarSauce
They have more than made their money back through Diablo 3 sales, ROS sales, Playstayion, Xbox and now Switch sales. There is NO NEED for Diablo Immortal to finance the next installment of Diablo. It's just plain greed.

But a lot of fans don't even think Diablo 4 will even be any good. If Diablo 3 was a step in the wrong direction, and Diablo Immortal was all but shun by the fans, then that doesn't leave a lot of hope for Diablo 4.

Maybe they did but the point of them making a mobile game, much like most companies are making a Battle Royale game is because it's lucrative and they want to make money. it's not greed - it's just business. greed is what you call the Battlefront 2 lootbox scandal. This game is simply a product that was meant to make money, mostly on a certain market that is teeming with potential customers. It's a business decision that makes sense. it's not something they could have done years ago, even if they wanted to.

I don't think D3 was a step in the wrong direction. I think it was different. whether different is something good or bad is up to the player who plays it. Personally, i didn't particularly enjoy D2 compared to D3, even though I played it for hours on end, i never got to experience grinding through hell difficulty. To each their own.

I hope that the next Diablo game after Immortal will bring something different to D3 and D2.
02/08/2019 12:58 PMPosted by KushiSensei
02/08/2019 10:22 AMPosted by TardarSauce

Maybe they did but the point of them making a mobile game, much like most companies are making a Battle Royale game is because it's lucrative and they want to make money. it's not greed - it's just business. greed is what you call the Battlefront 2 lootbox scandal. This game is simply a product that was meant to make money, mostly on a certain market that is teeming with potential customers. It's a business decision that makes sense. it's not something they could have done years ago, even if they wanted to.

I don't think D3 was a step in the wrong direction. I think it was different. whether different is something good or bad is up to the player who plays it. Personally, i didn't particularly enjoy D2 compared to D3, even though I played it for hours on end, i never got to experience grinding through hell difficulty. To each their own.

I hope that the next Diablo game after Immortal will bring something different to D3 and D2.

I disagree. It's greed.
farming the thumbs down i see. keep it up adventurer :)

with the game being in such a sad state, can't blame you for finding your own ways to have fun :)

here , have a thumbs down , champion.