ActiBlizz cutting hundreds of jobs

General Discussion
02/13/2019 09:07 AMPosted by Exuri
Why are people so mad when they're wrong

You were wrong just yesterday and didn't bother to correct yourself, but I let it slide because I have respect for the people who got fired... though, had I been wrong I'm sure you would be all over the place demanding an apology.
02/13/2019 09:13 AMPosted by Imperius
02/13/2019 09:07 AMPosted by Exuri
Why are people so mad when they're wrong

You were wrong just yesterday and didn't bother to correct yourself, but I let it slide because I have respect for the people who got fired... though, had I been wrong I'm sure you would be all over the place demanding an apology.

Provide it and I will gladly point out my mistake, and learn from it.
I will search my post history now.

Edit: not seeing anything I'll need your help.
02/13/2019 09:36 AMPosted by Exuri
02/13/2019 09:13 AMPosted by Imperius

I don't care about petty arguments regarding who was more likely to get fired... In retrospect there shouldn't have been a discussion about that.

Look carefully, the thread was moved to Games & Technology, but I will not bump the thread since I think it was disrespectful to "bet" on who would get the axe.
02/13/2019 09:48 AMPosted by Imperius
02/13/2019 09:36 AMPosted by Exuri

I don't care about petty arguments regarding who was more likely to get fired... In retrospect there shouldn't have been a discussion about that.

Look carefully, the thread was moved to Games & Technology, but I will not bump the thread since I think it was disrespectful to "bet" on who would get the axe.

Ctrl - F betting/bet since you directly quoted me.
Can't find anything.
As big as Blizzard activision is, they don't need thousands of employees to develop games (Blizzard North was smaller), but today's technology requires more technical knowledge, faster softwares and machines.
My personal opinion is they want to cut unnecessary jobs.
Slowly getting rid of cartoony/manga-ish/cheesy style employees and hire people with down-to-earth knowledge staff. Like what they are doing for Diablo 4.
(At least, it is the impression that give the descriptions of the openings. The problem is too many people talk here, but they don't read the job openings for 3 years. I do. I can assure you, the D:I fiasco raised up the requirements, the seriousness, and the amount of the d4 openings.)

But the majority of players are not happy about it because they feel like the investors want more money and less investments.
I personally think the investors are now aware that if they still want to earn money (or want Blizzard live on), they have to invest in QUALITY. And stop investing in quantity like they used to do.

So yes it's a painful but necessary move from Blizzard activision who is taking action.

Hi.
You were right.
Happy?

Why are people so mad when they're wrong, you'd think they'd take it and learn from it and be a better person.

::cough::

I'm not mad about being wrong. I accept that I was wrong. My question was: Are you happy you were correct and that hundreds of people are now without a job?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Why are people so mad when they're wrong, you'd think they'd take it and learn from it and be a better person.

::cough::

I'm not mad about being wrong. I accept that I was wrong. My question was: Are you happy you were correct and that hundreds of people are now without a job?

Can you provide proof that I have an emotional charge attached to being correct about layoffs...wait that's besides the point. It's quite the contrary I don't think those people deserved it and I think Actiblizzard is a scummy business for it.

How could anyone be wrong about the layoffs when it was blasted over the news, what are you even doing.

The "happy?" is the icing on the cake that you really couldn't accept it.
02/10/2019 02:54 PMPosted by ComoFuego
Well there goes all those multiple Diablo projects now. Cutbacks and layoffs. It's a good thing that book got to the printing press already, and that the mobile game is just a reskin.

Except that the Diablo team (among several other dev groups) are being expanded this year and are expected to grow by 20% in 2019. Per Blizzard themselves. The dev teams didn't get the axe, only really support and esports sides of things did.
Ohhh I see now I correctly said that GM's and CM's would be a target for the layoffs. I got you now. I wasn't wrong so lets set that argument aside. I was looking for actually something I was wrong about and was excited to correct myself.

Now on the topic of being happy about it, I'd say sure it was a good judgment of how this company was going to act towards its employees and their positions. I'll provide you with the proof from my little man hands that I was happy about my guess.

Do I condone their actions, no. Do I see why they fired them with their greedy money agenda they are pushing, unfortunately yes.
02/13/2019 10:05 AMPosted by Exuri

Can you provide proof that I have an emotional charge attached to being correct about layoffs...wait that's besides the point. It's quite the contrary I don't think those people deserved it and I think Actiblizzard is a scummy business for it.

How could anyone be wrong about the layoffs when it was blasted over the news, what are you even doing.

I accept being wrong. Doesn't mean i'm not upset about the whole situation and your re-post of that "see what happens on Tuesday" and the message that just read "Hi" felt to me like it was made in a smug faced way.

I didn't mean to lash at you and for that, I apologize.

It just sucks when you know people there that were affected by the layoffs and seeing the forum here with some of the people acting like jackasses in light of this.

I accept being wrong. Doesn't mean i'm not upset about the whole situation and your re-post of that "see what happens on Tuesday" and the message that just read "Hi" felt to me like it was made in a smug faced way.

I didn't mean to lash at you and for that, I apologize.

It just sucks when you know people there that were affected by the layoffs and seeing the forum here with some of the people acting like jackasses in light of this.

I think you got the wrong guy on the "We'll see Tuesday" thing.
Anyways I agree with you it's a bad deal a real bad one, I don't feel like you lashed out. We're all to some extent upset, sucks bro.

I shouldn't have commented on it I was branching out to another member of this forum with the my snarky comment and the ::cough:: no effort went into thinking about what argument you had with the other so that was my bad and I'm sorry. I was using your previous conversation to bounce something off of.
It's fine, mate.

It's just raw and I see people making light of the situation and cracking jokes and my tolerance level for that is pretty non existent at this point.

I Hope that you'll have a good day.
It's fine, mate.

It's just raw and I see people making light of the situation and cracking jokes and my tolerance level for that is pretty non existent at this point.
I Hope that you'll have a good day.

You as well, super slow day.
I hope it was 800 SJWs who got !@#$canned.
02/13/2019 09:44 PMPosted by Scumdog

Your nickname fits your personality
02/13/2019 10:09 PMPosted by Imperius
02/13/2019 09:44 PMPosted by Scumdog

Your nickname fits your personality

No need to stoop to their level. Doing so will just make you as bad as they are.
I got an idea for the next seasonal theme!

We get Bobby Big Bucks as a new pet and when we complete a bounty, Tyrael throws us a 15 Million extra gold bonus cache then proceeds to fire the entire town so Blacksmith, jeweler, shop keepers, etc. are all out of jobs.

Hi.

Hi.
You were right.
Happy?

Happy? No. More like righteous.

Activision is talking internally about how to part ways with Blizzard. They don’t want to shut them down, as they have PR concerns. However, the data within Activision shows Blizzard is doing much, much, worse than is publicly know. Active users are hitting all time lows across Blizzard platforms, and Activision wants a way out, without the PR nightmare. Thus a new strategy was born. Streamline Blizzard through a work force reduction and restructure the brand with more developers and less collateral projects. One of two things will happen; Blizzard will release a great game that restores Activisions confidence, which then Activision will tell its investors the restructuring made all the difference. Or Blizzard will fail to deliver and Activision will seek an exit, possibly by negotiating a split or closing shop, and make the case to investors that even with the extra resources and restructuring Blizzard just couldn’t get it done. The more likely case is the doors close on Blizzard. In either case internally, Activision has had enough, and baring a grand slam from Blizzard major changes are coming in 2020.
02/17/2019 09:05 AMPosted by Exile

Hi.
You were right.
Happy?

Happy? No. More like righteous.

Activision is talking internally about how to part ways with Blizzard. They don’t want to shut them down, as they have PR concerns. However, the data within Activision shows Blizzard is doing much, much, worse than is publicly know. Active users are hitting all time lows across Blizzard platforms, and Activision wants a way out, without the PR nightmare. Thus a new strategy was born. Streamline Blizzard through a work force reduction and restructure the brand with more developers and less collateral projects. One of two things will happen; Blizzard will release a great game that restores Activisions confidence, which then Activision will tell its investors the restructuring made all the difference. Or Blizzard will fail to deliver and Activision will seek an exit, possibly by negotiating a split or closing shop, and make the case to investors that even with the extra resources and restructuring Blizzard just couldn’t get it done. The more likely case is the doors close on Blizzard. In either case internally, Activision has had enough, and baring a grand slam from Blizzard major changes are coming in 2020.

So, what's your goal by staying here? are you waiting to see if Blizzard bites the dust? do you even care after feeling righteous about what happened?

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. i'm genuinely interested in knowing what keeps a person here if they don't really care about the games the company makes and have zero faith/hope in them.
02/08/2019 11:56 AMPosted by Brandir
Looks like ActiBlizz will be having layoffs (to be announced on Tuesday). Hopefully no impact to Blizzard and Diablo teams in particular.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-08/activision-is-said-to-plan-job-cuts-as-sales-of-key-games-stall

well seeing how activison outsourced there cell phone games to china pig farm Dev's "the there company name translates to pig farm" there no need for activison to keep any of the Diablo team Dev's other then to tell the now gone fan base " dont you have a phone."