Why do people cheat?

General Discussion
I can not believe that every time I go on public someone tells me of another cheat program. Really what is the benefit of doing good if you have to cheat to get there?
I can not stand the people who have to cheat to win.
I think this game is advantageous to cheating. Seems to me that it is easier to get high early on where boting means a lot in a new seasons and then it progressively gets harder as the season progresses so the rest of us non-cheaters can not compete with the boters. I now hear besides boting, god modes that we now have a new one that now shows everything on the map as soon as you go in and where everything is so you can go right where you want to fight and no dead ends.
Really can't wait for another game like this where the manufacturer is not just giving lip service but actually has a "no cheating policy" and enforces it vigorously so regular non-cheating people can have fun and have a equal chance to succeed in the game.
I am against cheating as well. I do include the famous "HUD" program that is used as cheating as well.

What i have considered doing next season is to multi-box though. That was stated as not cheating, so i think of giving that a go.
Havnt you been to the Paragon Bar yet, you go there and let the ladies / gents know that your Paragon 9000 and have completed GR150. This instantly gets you a hookup.

Its either that or these people are so sad that for them to enjoy playing D3 they have to cheat and on top of that they actually then lie to themselves so much they then believe their cheating is ok while also believing that a leaderboard ranking in a game nobody is going to care about in 10 years actually means something. Without all this D3 apparently is not fun .

Cheating meaning , playing with botters to progress ( therefore abusing the cheating they have done ) or botting yourself or using 3rd party software to modify the game experience and given you an advantage over other players.

Personally i just laugh at these people and dip my head in shame to see how sad it is that humanity has come fallen this far.
because they can, with almost no penalties for it.
Tbh u need Zero Skill for this Game...u need no effort...free Set. Maybe cheating is the only Fun u can have in this crap Game. I would do the same if i would care about a crap Arpg like D3 but i dont do :) actually i play a good Arpg called PoE.
02/11/2019 07:57 PMPosted by Headpipe
Tbh u need Zero Skill for this Game...u need no effort...free Set. Maybe cheating is the only Fun u can have in this crap Game. I would do the same if i would care about a crap Arpg like D3 but i dont do :) actually i play a good Arpg called PoE.

Ya, I am sure no one cheats in POE.
02/11/2019 08:23 PMPosted by Alexismad
02/11/2019 07:57 PMPosted by Headpipe

Ya, I am sure no one cheats in POE.

Yar, no RMT in that game.

Some people still enjoy a cheat free Diablo game. I happen to enjoy both games.

PoE for the endless/useless intricacies, and Diablo for the fun play style.
Because people are selfish.
Its only themselves if they hurt anyone. They don't have the ability you get by playing the game normally. Why do they cheat? Its like asking why do people breathe? ITs their nature. Get something for nothing.
Why do people care if other people cheat in this game?

What exactly are they cheating you out of?

And don't say 'fair and ethical competition and a level playing field blah blah' because even if there was no botting and no cheating that still would not exist in this game.
Why do people cheat?

humans are still animals
-that's not a curse

problem starts when they present their wrong uprising and principles
-from their parents, the doctrine they live in or selfish urges
02/11/2019 10:04 PMPosted by spacecadet13

And don't say 'fair and ethical competition and a level playing field blah blah' because even if there was no botting and no cheating that still would not exist in this game.

IKR!
02/11/2019 10:04 PMPosted by spacecadet13

Because a lot of them are on the ladder leaderboard. If I want to put my name on the leaderboard, I need to put more effort than them.
Funny Guy heathpipe, if you really dislike d3 what are you doing here. Saying no skill needed you are a major noob
because they find it fun?
because farming is boring asf (repeating again and again the same boring missions without getting enough rewards (only 16 mats per run), the only funny part are high Gr's ... and if you have a life, kids a job, you wouldn't almost never to reach high greater rifts levels, the only way to be good here is have no life and spend many hours doing the same... or cheating... If I were blizz, I would make my own bot and hud and sell it, to make the game more enjoyable (or fix the boring and repetitive mechanics)
A. Impatience.

B. The perceived need to win.

C. To grief.

D. Sometimes fun.
But for me that involves an offline game on my second play through. Normally. Some game bosses need to be taught a lesson on who their daddy is lol.

That magnet guy from metal gear rising I'm looking at you O_O.
Cheating has been around since day 1.. Remember gameshark? All those cheat codes from game magazines? Even now a days, many games have cheat modes that are almost freely accessible. Do you see where I'm going with this?
02/11/2019 04:16 PMPosted by charliedog
I can not believe that every time I go on public someone tells me of another cheat program. Really what is the benefit of doing good if you have to cheat to get there?
I can not stand the people who have to cheat to win.
I think this game is advantageous to cheating. Seems to me that it is easier to get high early on where boting means a lot in a new seasons and then it progressively gets harder as the season progresses so the rest of us non-cheaters can not compete with the boters. I now hear besides boting, god modes that we now have a new one that now shows everything on the map as soon as you go in and where everything is so you can go right where you want to fight and no dead ends.
Really can't wait for another game like this where the manufacturer is not just giving lip service but actually has a "no cheating policy" and enforces it vigorously so regular non-cheating people can have fun and have a equal chance to succeed in the game.

Everytime you go into public you hear of a new cheat? Load of crap, there are 3, the same 3 that have been there forever. Turbohud, rosbot, demonbuddy. People dont cheat to succeed at the game. They do it because blizzards design philosophy caters to no lifers and if you have a life you arent welcome in thr highest content in the game. If the game design locked power behind skill rather than time investment you would see less botting. Some people play the bot as its own game finding entertainment in seeing how high they can get it to run and how good of a script they can design. This game is not competitive, the leaderboard is nothing. If how others play botheres you that much its time for a new game, tens of thousands have been banned, some come back clean, most just do it again on a new account/season. Why complain about it there is no perma fix. Just temp fixes that never fully satisfy people like you who want to push the leaderboards despite not investing the time required to do so. Atleast you have something to blame. If all the cheats were gone you would have to look in the mirror and see that yo are the problem.
02/12/2019 03:43 AMPosted by nibz
Cheating has been around since day 1.. Remember gameshark? All those cheat codes from game magazines? Even now a days, many games have cheat modes that are almost freely accessible. Do you see where I'm going with this?

Last time I checked there wasn’t an officially endorsed leaderboard for Mega Man, TMNT 3, or Contra.

Further, most of those old codes for the classic consoles are activating developer programming sequences - things they had in the game to move around freely and check this or that without needing to worry about dying or playing through regularly.

That isn’t what’s happening here. Cheating here involves bypassing or altering the code in some manner. This is especially true on the consoles where people mod them outright or change game files.