Pesti corpse lance

Necromancer
I followed the build on icy veins. Timing my bursts with element boost from the ring and keeping all my defensive stuff up. The problem I'm having is that my necro just doesnt put out the dps. Also almost everything 1 shots me even with 25 stacks of defense up and 1.2 mil health. It's good up until about 80 GR and then it just seems to be garbage. I've heard you're supposed to "wipe the screen " but I'm fully geared and rolled for priority along with level 80 gems and can barely kill a trash mob on GR 100 before LOD expires.

I've looked at all the mechanics. Keeping distance for the gem to give the full dmg bonus and making sure everything is cursed. The build just seems !@#$ to me. Idk what's wrong. Any ideas?
Looking at your current profile, you have Endless Walk and Krysbin equipped, but Nailuj (skeletal mage ring) in the cube. I don't see any Convention of Elements ring for the elemental damage buff. You're also lacking Corpse Lance damage rolls on your chest and source. Could that be the problem?

02/23/2019 10:09 PMPosted by Immobile
but I'm fully geared and rolled for priority along with level 80 gems and can barely kill a trash mob on GR 100 before LOD expires.

Pestilence is best at hunting elite monsters. You should target yellows and blues while Land of the Dead is active, not trash mobs. Make sure that you have 20 stacks of Borrowed Time whenever you cast LotD, so you can get it back up as quickly as possible.
02/24/2019 05:29 AMPosted by WordMaster
Looking at your current profile, you have Endless Walk and Krysbin equipped, but Nailuj (skeletal mage ring) in the cube. I don't see any Convention of Elements ring for the elemental damage buff. You're also lacking Corpse Lance damage rolls on your chest and source. Could that be the problem?

02/23/2019 10:09 PMPosted by Immobile
but I'm fully geared and rolled for priority along with level 80 gems and can barely kill a trash mob on GR 100 before LOD expires.

Pestilence is best at hunting elite monsters. You should target yellows and blues while Land of the Dead is active, not trash mobs. Make sure that you have 20 stacks of Borrowed Time whenever you cast LotD, so you can get it back up as quickly as possible.

I wasnt specced until recently. I use a golem and mages to generate corpses for farming regular rifts for keys and mats so I don't have to wait on LoD.

I use cov elements, krysbin and compass in the build I was referring to. The stock pesti build.
I've tried playing this, and it's not easy. I reckon you need insanely high level of paragon and or a very open (large area) rift with decent amount of elites.

It's not the damage (Corpse Lance is the highest damage skill for Necros), but tricky thing is to stay alive.

Just looking at your gear, you seemed to lack
1. CHD overall.
2. Corpse Lance damage on shoulders and Phylactery
3. Probably could do with additional cold damage as well.

But as for staying alive especially on tight rifts, your guess is good as mine.
Its an art
Run run run blood rush devaur.
Also you need around 45% ++ cdr
1.72 AS.
If you go with cold you only need 20% chc to start so don't stress about your sheet damage.
And yes sometimes at start of gr you just go off so you can get your stacks