A Treasure Goblin Has Escaped!

General Discussion
Wondering if any one else has seen this:

Just loaded into a solo game after launching D3. I was checking my build and inventory as normal and the "A Treasure Goblin Has Escaped!" message popped up in the chat box. I had not yet left Bastion's Keep nor was a Puzzle ring in use on me ore my follower.

No big deal just thought it was odd.
I found him. He's dead. I killed him. Shouldn't be bothering you again.
Possibly game spawned a goblin at the range of a hurt volume like a molten surface under a descending meteor.
02/28/2019 03:53 PMPosted by naksiloth
Possibly game spawned a goblin at the range of a hurt volume like a molten surface under a descending meteor.

I was in town and had just loaded in to the game.
Is it possible for Goblins to spawn in the small zone just outside the gates leading to the battlefields and walls? Perhaps loading the area somehow activates the Goblin's Flee AI.
I've had that happen once. Just started a game; I was in the Hidden Camp (Act 2) for only a few seconds when a message popped up that a goblin escaped. It didn't even say that a goblin was engaged, just the message that it escaped.

Just a glitch in the Matrix.
Hmm. This is something I haven't seen before. I will keep my eyes peeled.
02/28/2019 04:36 PMPosted by Deruvia
Is it possible for Goblins to spawn in the small zone just outside the gates leading to the battlefields and walls? Perhaps loading the area somehow activates the Goblin's Flee AI.

I am pretty sure no goblins can spawn just outside the keep or it would be a very popular Goblin farming spot.

As TimberWolf said Most likely a glitch. amusing none the less.
Perhaps you had engaged a goblin the last time you played and then quit the game without killing it before it timed out and ported out. When you start the next game it still has a flag set for "has engaged a goblin" and it clears it - triggering the message...?
What you experienced was a Goblin not spawning correctly somewhere near town, and when this happens you will get a message that it escaped, but not engaged. This started happening around 2.6.2 and was never fixed.
He was in your stash salvaging your loots!