Anyone running/testing LoN FO or AO-Spark?

Wizard
I see so many LoN Star Pact Wizzies on the leaderboards but no Frozen Orb or Spark Wizzies. LoN SP might be popular but it just doesn't get me as excited as the other builds. LoN FO or Spark and even DMO Spark seem more exciting. Anyone got setups we can inspect and discuss?
Spark is far too weak for people to use it as their primary pushing rune. I use a LoN Frozen Orb setup on my wizard, but it's pretty much relegated to t13, as it is unable to compete with either Tal Rasha or DMO for either damage or toughness.

The good news is, LoN FO is so fast that it keeps up with or outpaces Multishot in t13.
TR-6/FO outpacing UE-6/MS in T-13 is something I gotta see. Demon Hunters are pretty insane at low paragon and they just get stronger at a faster pace IMHO. However, speed Wiz is just fun.
Some time ago, thoughts were made on a Frozen orb wiz, that can cast 2-3 Fo´s and then start to channel for the deathwish bonus.

The calculated damage was comparable to that of a meteorhit afaik.

Its just bad to play, since you need to have the right distance to make FO deal its full damagepotential. And also, its better for pushing to hit only once but hard enough so that no trash or elites are left.
With frozen orb its probably just like with the chargebarb. Trash is down in an instant and the elites remain standing with 80% health.
03/04/2019 03:09 AMPosted by Ryoko
Spark is far too weak for people to use it as their primary pushing rune. I use a LoN Frozen Orb setup on my wizard, but it's pretty much relegated to t13, as it is unable to compete with either Tal Rasha or DMO for either damage or toughness.

The good news is, LoN FO is so fast that it keeps up with or outpaces Multishot in t13.

Ryoko...I'm disappointed in you. You're completely right about Spark but wrong about FO!
BD! Check it out mahn https://www.d3planner.com/405445959. Yes you still use gimmicky DW but it's not nearly as annoying and involved as Star Pact. You just hurl 2 FO's, tap the channel, repeat (shouldn't be much repeating if you've got great AD gearing).

It's definitely an alternative to Star pact, just you won't get that new Bazooka effect for your highest of pushes, it's more like a few more shots will do the job but it certainly does the job :)

The problem with Spark is two fold: Spark just doesn't get much benefit from Unstable Scepter and it's specialty is far too weak (capped at 30% more damage, for some dumb reason). So until they unnerf that silly cap or make it a lot better with US it's just not good sadly compared to FO.
Thanks guys. Good info. all around. I'm pretty I wasn't the only Wizard curious about alternative builds so the info. isn't wasted. I thumbed through the 2's, 3's, and 4's and its mostly TR-6 Star Pact for group play. Right now DH's have as the group damage dealer:
- Shadow-6 Impale
- N6M4 Cold Cluster Arrow
- N6M4 Fire Cluster Arrow
- N6M4 Fire Multishot
DMKT named the N6M4 Multishot build "NatMa" as an alternative to Rathma runs. With all the damage multiplier inflation added this patch it seems odd that we don't have like 3 to 5 group damage dealer builds relatively close in damage on the leaderboard. I know part of the issue is players just following what ever is popular or just what ever works effectively so there is less effort spent on experimentation/innovation.

DMKT's Natma build thread:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20769600007
I'm using a Lon FO build right now. But I'm stuck at GR96 on solo. I've put most of my primary stat paragons to int instead of vit. Roughly 1300 int and like 700 vit if I remember correctly. Still need to reaugment a few things. It's a fun build, but I've kind of hit a wall. Wish I could put CoE in the cube, but I'll die too quickly.
03/05/2019 04:11 AMPosted by BossDogg
Thanks guys. Good info. all around. I'm pretty I wasn't the only Wizard curious about alternative builds so the info. isn't wasted. I thumbed through the 2's, 3's, and 4's and its mostly TR-6 Star Pact for group play. Right now DH's have as the group damage dealer:
- Shadow-6 Impale
- N6M4 Cold Cluster Arrow
- N6M4 Fire Cluster Arrow
- N6M4 Fire Multishot
DMKT named the N6M4 Multishot build "NatMa" as an alternative to Rathma runs. With all the damage multiplier inflation added this patch it seems odd that we don't have like 3 to 5 group damage dealer builds relatively close in damage on the leaderboard. I know part of the issue is players just following what ever is popular or just what ever works effectively so there is less effort spent on experimentation/innovation.

DMKT's Natma build thread:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20769600007

Np man and yah there are a lot of alternatives for other meta group comps, the Raekor speed is also pretty insane. I'm sure DMO builds are very nice too for additional support, I just haven't made a side switch for it yet in seasons since the LoN will take quite awhile to fully gear but totally worth it!

Hopefully someday they can figure out the archon / DW thing and give us truly balanced sets by redoing items. Can't just up damage modifiers on everything and expect that to fix things.

03/05/2019 09:34 AMPosted by DigitalGang
I'm using a Lon FO build right now. But I'm stuck at GR96 on solo. I've put most of my primary stat paragons to int instead of vit. Roughly 1300 int and like 700 vit if I remember correctly. Still need to reaugment a few things. It's a fun build, but I've kind of hit a wall. Wish I could put CoE in the cube, but I'll die too quickly.

Oh right yes disclaimer: was definitely talking about 3/4 mans with that LoN setup. For solo I'd absolutely stick with Vyr's FO, much better mitigation and control. You'll just be too squishy outside archon to make it worth while.
03/05/2019 03:07 AMPosted by MasterJay
It's definitely an alternative to Star pact, just you won't get that new Bazooka effect

I guess technically there's nothing preventing you from attempting the bazooka effect with frozen orb channeling and archon overlap.
03/05/2019 03:08 PMPosted by mcdundee
03/05/2019 03:07 AMPosted by MasterJay
It's definitely an alternative to Star pact, just you won't get that new Bazooka effect

I guess technically there's nothing preventing you from attempting the bazooka effect with frozen orb channeling and archon overlap.

Nope, well there is the squish factor which is higher on ranged so maybe can try Arcane Orbit instead, might be safer set up since it utilizes the hug monk like Bazooka while still doing massive damage, just obviously not as much as Star Pact, just more consistent lower chunks:

https://www.d3planner.com/894230897
Im using a Lon Explosive Blast, just made a post of it.
I made a Lon FO Wizard for fun.

Its the Seasonal Wizard on my Acc 'EU'.

Pushed a GR 100 with it,maybe 101 is doable with a good Rift but I can't be arsed since 100 was my goal +I'm a solo player too.:P

Its kinda fun imo even if its not competent,works as a speed build too with just a few changes.