Ban if you regularly take bounty mats from your bot

General Discussion
I was asked to RGK last night for a bunch of 2k paragon players, I'm like 1350. So obviously as my friend pointed out, no one else was online at the time to RGK lol.
Anyway, the Wizard casually mentioned that he takes bounty mats from his bot account on the regular, and it was part of his game plan to remain on the leader board for 4 player.

I left, and i must admit i was a bit drunk at the time so i said something along the lines of "quit botting you effing losers" spelt out like that lol. Anyway I got a bunch of nasty whispers calling me different slurs. It's just kind of sad that I was being punished for not wanting to benefit from botters.

I'm sorry, I just can't knowingly benefit from botters. As in play with them and get gem ranks and stuff. I just can't! But at the end of the night I was rewarded by RNGesus with a Primal Deathwish on my Wizard alt character, who I'm trying to build up.

My point is, you shouldn't have to bot to be on the 4 player leader board. And if you do, you sould get canned. Even if it's your second account doing the botting. you're still benefiting from it.
Were you a boy scout as a kid?
02/19/2019 09:05 AMPosted by Damocles
Were you a boy scout as a kid?

yes.
You dont need to bot. Just dont care about the leaderboards other than your personally own thing.

I get what you are saying, but the only thing you can do is report him, they will see the chat in game and can check.
The worst part is that this has such an easy fix, players that join after the first bounty is completed can no longer collect cache from that particular Act. They can collect caches from Acts with no completed bounties when they joined.

Simple, easy, prevents mat botting on secondary accounts.

But devs just dont care.
02/19/2019 05:32 PMPosted by lightstorm
But devs just dont care.

That or it could impact other people's play. Legit players joining in late could lose out. Or what if a friend disconnects? Or what if someone legit did it solo and wanted to invite his clan mates in for the rewards?

I am against botting, but sometimes these suggestions could impact the game in other legit ways... especially for casual players who make the bulk of the player base.
In your own words you cant ban for this.

If there was someone just joining a new group as rgk or what ever and they didnt know what was going on, they shouldnt be banned.

You have multiple accounts? Why to get some advantage? Ok lets start by banning you? Deal? I bet not.
The worst part is that this has such an easy fix, players that join after the first bounty is completed can no longer collect cache from that particular Act. They can collect caches from Acts with no completed bounties when they joined.

Alternative approach is not award Horadric Cache if 5 of 5 completed that act before entering game. So if all 25 bounties done, nothing for you.
And it wouldnt be an easy fix.

Some bounties take 20 sec to complete. I complete entire acts before some people join regularly with dh.

Make people sit in town until theres a full group? nty.

Or do you mean the entire act bounty? Then the bot would just get programmed to only complete everything but one boss kill on each act.

Got a better idea that doesnt include legit people getting screwed/banned or time wasted, then list it.
Also joining an act with one already completed and or turned in, is another screw over.

It would just make people constantly leave join till they found a fresh game. Or they stay and just get screwed because you need each act to reroll or its near worthless run for them.
how do you take mats from another account ?

Anyway, the Wizard casually mentioned that he takes bounty mats from his bot account on the regular
02/20/2019 09:34 AMPosted by Vaindos
how do you take mats from another account ?

[quote]Anyway, the Wizard casually mentioned that he takes bounty mats from his bot account on the regular

You have another account running bounties by botting.

When the bot finishes the bounties, you have it send you a join request. You can at that point have the bot start a new game all over again, while you invite friends so multiple people can receive the mats.

I am all for stopping this process, the question is how?
LOL, WHO CARES!
You all have nothing going on!

Simple, easy, prevents mat botting on secondary accounts.

Yet you can always farm keys in the same game while the bot is doing bounties. Doesn't solve the problem at all.
What I want:
11/09/2018 04:05 AMPosted by Baron
Diablo 1 atmosphere and art style
Diablo 3 smoothness
PoE complexity

What I expect to happen:
massive disappointment