PTR?

General Discussion
PTR just started downloading what appears to be a full Update, but no announcement.
edit: Patch Notes still show 2.6.1.55235 and will not open although it says Playable.
Error message says new patch will load, but it doesn't.
Nevalistis
Community Manager
6557 posts
Feb 5
Hey all,

I want to clarify that Pain Enhancer, specifically, isn't necessarily the culprit here. However, we have identified an issue with lag that arises primarily at high Greater Rift levels (100+) in 4-man groups. While we sometimes see issues arise in other cases, these high-intensity areas are where the issue appears most reliably.

While we don’t have a current ETA, you may have seen a PTR launch this week that you’re unable to access; that’s because we’re duplicating the live environment to run some of our own tests to hone in on possible solutions. We appreciate all the reports, details, and discussions that have been arising on this issue as it’s already helped immensely in confirming some of our investigations.

Once we have an actionable fix, we’ll follow up with more information. Thanks so much for your patience and understanding while we work to improve your gameplay experience!

Blizzard is supposedly using the PTR for internal testing of various mechanics and must still be ref. the above post....
They did this about a week or two ago. Probably just Blizzard doing maintenance on their PTR server.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Edit: Blackarrows beat me to the post.
I saw that a couple of weeks ago. That was a small patch and did not have the PLAY box clickable. This was much larger.
I must be hallucinating. It sure looked like a full download to me.
Yar, there is a PTR that shows up on the launcher, but it's not accessible as mentioned.
02/21/2019 06:31 PMPosted by yessquire
PTR just started downloading what appears to be a full Update, but no announcement.
edit: Patch Notes still show 2.6.1.55235 and will not open although it says Playable.
Error message says new patch will load, but it doesn't.

as long as you are not botting this season, you have little to worry about
02/21/2019 06:58 PMPosted by yessquire
I must be hallucinating. It sure looked like a full download to me.
The actual download was only about 128 MB. But, you'll see varying amounts when you first run the Blizzard Battle.net App. The first couple of stages are: "Fetching encoding table" and "Fetching download manifest". The patch doesn't start until after you see: "Initializing" on the status bar. And then you'll see "Downloading".

I am able to click the "Play" button, but after the Main Menu loads I get kicked back to the desktop. Obviously, because there is no PTR currently available.
It was mentioned somewhere around here by a blue that they were doing internal testing concerning lag. So possible that this was an update for that.
02/21/2019 06:46 PMPosted by Blackarrows
Blizzard is supposedly using the PTR for internal testing of various mechanics and must still be ref. the above post....

Yep, this. :)
:(
Hope they can fix the numerous "returning" bugs too
02/22/2019 11:42 AMPosted by Nevalistis

02/22/2019 10:25 AMPosted by Nevalistis
We have plans for Season 17, but they are going to need some time for us to test both internally and via PTR closer to launch.
Since the season has been extended to May, can i suggest maybe to update underwhelming & lessor used Legs & skills to make them useful again.

We have wait long enough for a viable wave of force build to channel our inner Jedi.

E.g Blackhand Key: Wave of light spend all acrane power & deal additional XX% damage per arcane power spent.
New secret sauce:
Wave of light trigger 2 additional times
Sooo. When will the patch be available on PTR? It was said closer to launch. How much closer? Any details at all?
soon ™

History has shown your internal testers are awful. Just pointing out the obvious. The sooner you open it up to the remaining community, the better.
03/06/2019 03:13 PMPosted by Lynch

History has shown your internal testers are awful. Just pointing out the obvious. The sooner you open it up to the remaining community, the better.

History has also shown that even when opened up to public PTR stuff gets through. Either because it's reported and ignored, or just discovered and kept quiet.
03/06/2019 03:19 PMPosted by Prology
03/06/2019 03:13 PMPosted by Lynch

History has also shown that even when opened up to public PTR stuff gets through. Either because it's reported and ignored, or just discovered and kept quiet.

Case in point - Corpse Lance necro.
Time to play warhammer chaosbane :)