N6M4 Cluster Arrow video guide for GR121+

Demon Hunter
Hello everyone, I had some discussions with other players in game and they wanted me to show them how to play the N6M4 build. I recently completed a GR121 with my average (1641) paragon which put me quite high on the seasonal DH leaderboards. I recorded that clear (with great GR luck) and now added commentary on things to keep in mind as you play the build.

So now I invite anyone who wants to see me play the N6M4 build to watch this video on my new YouTube channel (I only made it for this video so far).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxFgaYDFdOk

Thanks for watching!
Awesome clear! Power pylon finale too! Well done. (I can relate to the smile with 3 min left and that particular pylon)

Excellent guide, you make it easy for people to understand how to play it. I have forgotten the benefit of being more than 50 yards away from the sentry.

Looking forward to seeing your next clear.
Watching how you pulled and grouped packs was educational. That's a weak spot in my play style.

Very nice job, and thanks for sharing.
i thought you're a nice lady :(
Very Nice Presentation Iria ! Thanks for the share .
This build takes some time to learn , I haven't played it much yet but I can tell by the time I have played it that it takes quite a bit of work to play it . I like the build a lot , it's very powerful . But it takes some doing to time everything to work well .

Quite impressive with your paragon , but then playing seasons with RoRG bonus helps out quite a bit too I imagine . You made that run look pretty easy . Probably a bit harder to get a 121 clear in Non Season play .

Again , TY for posting this for us . It gave me a lot of insight as to how to properly play this build to push GR's .
Iria is a beast! love the content and super cool dude <3
Thanks, Iria! This thread has been added to to N6M4 sections of the Sticky.
03/03/2019 06:08 AMPosted by RedCell

Awesome , definitely well deserved in my books .
Thanks everyone for your support! I'm glad the video was helpful.
03/03/2019 06:06 PMPosted by Iria
Thanks everyone for your support! I'm glad the video was helpful.

Indeed!

I play the cold variant (vs fire/LFB) but watching you herd mobs and elites made me rethink my play and I was able to do 106 with average gear and only one or two augments at the time...and then just missed 107 by about 10 seconds due to a stupid death right before RG spawned.
03/01/2019 02:32 PMPosted by dmkt
I have forgotten the benefit of being more than 50 yards away from the sentry.
I believe it's calculated between you and the enemy; the sentries' placement doesn't matter except to proc Cull of the Weak and Bane of the Trapped. Also, you only need to be 41+ yards from the target for the maximum bonus; Zei's rounds the distance up to the nearest 10 yards (I wish there was an indicator for this though in game).

03/01/2019 08:31 PMPosted by Haybaler
Quite impressive with your paragon , but then playing seasons with RoRG bonus helps out quite a bit too I imagine . You made that run look pretty easy . Probably a bit harder to get a 121 clear in Non Season play .
Yes, it is indeed easier to clear this in season due to the Convention of Elements in the cube. In my case, since I time my hatred spending around it, I get roughly a x2 damage buff averaged over time assuming I only fire Cluster Arrow during Physical (x1) and Fire (x3) rotations. Thus, I would be 4-5 GR levels lower by just considering the damage loss from losing the CoE.

03/01/2019 04:57 PMPosted by TinyCat
i thought you're a nice lady :(
Don't worry, I get that a lot. My character is female so I use a female character's name but I'm a guy. Sorry!

03/03/2019 06:08 AMPosted by RedCell
Thanks! This should help my video get even more attention for those who need some tips.
Hey Iria, that range comment was about the skill Multishot vs Cluster being fired by the sentry. With Multishot, the player cant run too far ahead of sentries, otherwise the sentries just won't shoot. This invisible leash is much shorter, which is what i was getting at. After putting so many hours into N6M4 MS, it really stands out!

The saving benefit of the N6M4 MS build is that it's easy to replant 3 sentries, and there isn't much MS shots outside of the fire cycle. So we have good reason to re-apply polar station to the next herd of on screen enemies.

There is a contradictory playstyle where we place sentries along walls so multishot's cone sprays on more targets, doesn't shoot half the trash while aiming at the approaching zombies coming 20 yards down the hallway. You rely on the spider to apply slow on the fire cycle.

This thread is about Cluster Arrow so please carry on!