Set Dungeons need to go...

General Discussion
Since completing Set Dungeons is a requirement to obtain the stash tab I haven't completed any season rewards... It's the more tedious and boring mechanic ever in an ARPG game...
It's really not even the hardest thing in the season journey. Every class has at least one face roll set dungeon.

Look here: https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/

Under each class heading is the guide for each set dungeon.
I know that I'm going to get down-voted to hell for this but I, for one, actually like the idea of set dungeons. Some of them can be absolutely infuriating, granted, (RoTS, MoTE, I'm looking at you) but the concept itself is not a bad one. It's just the execution that leaves something to be desired in some cases. That said, the dungeons provide something else that one can aim to complete, much like collecting achievements, and finishing the trickier ones does give a sense of satisfaction. So, yeah, they could be better, but I don't think that they necessarily need to go.

Also, as DonMartin said, each class has at least one dungeon that is utterly trivial, and for Necromancers, all are, so if your aim is simply to finish the season off, just pick one of those. If you're unsure which are easy, just ask, I'm sure people will be more than happy to help.
02/20/2019 06:07 AMPosted by Phrenetiko
Since completing Set Dungeons is a requirement to obtain the stash tab I haven't completed any season rewards... It's the more tedious and boring mechanic ever in an ARPG game...

There's more to getting the tab than completing a set dungeon. You also have to master it (which can usually be done simultaneously). After that there are two more chapters to finish before getting the stash tab. Completing two conquests would probably also be challenging.
Some of the Set Dungeons are insanely easy. IK Hota is a blind master for me whenever I attempt it.
Invoker set is basically all about walking around and letting stuff hit you
Read the icy veins guides above and keep in mind that the "pushing" build out of a given set isn't necessarily the best way to gear it for its set dungeon.

Many set dungeons have "don't take X elemental damage" that can be trivially earned by cubing an immunity amulet (but not all, some set dungeons will ignore immunities, others honor it - read the guides).

Most will require you to regear for some mobility whether to kite/group mobs for "kill N monsters with X skill" or "avoid some condition". You may also have to respec for grouping skills which aren't normally used in GR pushing if grouping is part of the dungeon requirements.

Many will also require you to dumb down your build so you don't kill things too quickly before you achieve the primary goals. Remove gems, find a non-ancient weapon, remove non-essential items (but not the set items). Others can be done at full power without any detriment. And there may be a balance between "not killing the white trash before you can use it for the objectives" and "being able to kill the occasional elites when you run into them". (Again, the guides will give an idea of this.)

Lastly, you can have guests in the dungeon with you to help with "and then kill all the rest of the monsters" once you've satisfied the primary goals. (Personally I've never actually done that, but some of the guides mention it and I've often failed at that stage which is frustrating - but not enough that I've bothered getting a group together to do it.)

Oh, and finally - many set dungeons require praying to RNG and the guides will give you a good metric ("if you haven't done X 3 times before you exit the first long hallway" for example) for knowing whether to exit and restart to get a better distribution.
02/20/2019 09:48 AMPosted by flarbear
Read the icy veins guides above and keep in mind that the "pushing" build out of a given set isn't necessarily the best way to gear it for its set dungeon.

Like I said - there is an actual set dungeon guide.
set dungeons :DDDDDDDDDDDD
i only wonder, wich idiot put it into diablo 3 ros

i play poe btw
02/20/2019 11:04 AMPosted by Zebedin
i play poe btw

Not enough apparently.
@OP: what you actually mean is: "Set Dungeons shouldn't be a requirement for getting the stash tab".

I also don't really like set dungeons, but now that they are in the game, the probably shouldn't be removed.

In the next Diablo, I honestly do not want to see set dungeons, but I would be okay with something like Challenge Dungeons that require you to fulfill a certain objective that can be done with any class and any build to give you some additional rewards, assuming that these dungeons will be well designed.

Maybe just get good. Set Dungeons are so bloody easy to do
I know they're easy, that's the point.... I have to remove pieces of my own equipment in order to reduce the damage output.... it's ridiculous, easy, stupid and TEDIOUS. I hate them, can't continue the season journal because the text "set dungeon" is written on it....
Some are definitely easier than others. Web search or forum search for guides. Join a clan or community for assistance. Some are easy to solo; while others you may need to friend to help you. A friend can help kill stranglers or help kill the remaining monsters once primary & secondary fulfilled. For instance, running the Necro Rathma set dungeon solo takes just a few minutes.

Add loot reward similar to Challenge Rifts. If too many having issues, perhaps make it Guardian not Conqueror set dungeon requirement.
https://teambrg.com/diablo-3/bones-of-rathma-set-dungeon-build-mastery/

https://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-general-forums/diablo-iii-general-discussion/147550-mastering-all-the-set-dungeons-build-guides-videos

https://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-general-forums/diablo-iii-general-discussion/139000-set-dungeons-complete-list-of-locations-w-video
POE has a Challenge system for every season that out of 40 things to complete, whenever you hit a milestone of 12, 24 and 36 you get a different reward.

It should be similar as to where you choose what you want to complete and still get your !@#$.
02/21/2019 06:31 AMPosted by Phrenetiko
I know they're easy, that's the point.... I have to remove pieces of my own equipment in order to reduce the damage output.... it's ridiculous, easy, stupid and TEDIOUS. I hate them, can't continue the season journal because the text "set dungeon" is written on it....

You don't have to do the chapters and the goals in each chapter in the order they come. On the d3 journey tracker website you can see all tasks. You can save the dungeon mastery until later. You also don't always have to remove or reduce damage. In the Natalya's, for example, it's more a question of using some skills better suited for the task than others.
I am doing set dungeon nonseason right now. I started yesterday and I am done with WD, Barb, Monk and Wizard. DH only need the natalya and I have to do all crusader set dungeons.

I use the guides on Icy-veins. I would not recommend to use Shenlongs weapons for Inna, I prefer to use flying dragon (because of the spirit drain). You also should use Exploding Psalm - Essence burn for Uliana set dungeon.

They all are easy.
02/21/2019 09:53 AMPosted by Nero
I am doing set dungeon nonseason right now. I started yesterday and I am done with WD, Barb, Monk and Wizard.

Have fun.

Perhaps add same reward as completing Challenge Rift. That is for each set dungeon you completed each season or nonseason era.
02/20/2019 06:39 AMPosted by DonMartin
It's really not even the hardest thing in the season journey. Every class has at least one face roll set dungeon.

Look here: https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/

Under each class heading is the guide for each set dungeon.

To me it's not even about them being hard or not. It's that they are a completely stupid waste of time. They make you generally play a build wrong.... or at the very least take off half your items to even do it. They literally are only a challenge because of how dumb they are (same as challenge rifts just terrible !@#$ builds that are only a challenge because they are so dumb to play it literally makes you worse at the game). Its literally "here take this set... now play it wrong... good job!". Then you go to actually play the set in a GR and realize the way a set dungeon had you setup was completely dumb.

Please just remove them from season journey. They literally add nothing to the journey or game only annoyance.
Set Dungeons is a requirement to obtain

Set Dungeons is a super easy requirement in season journey dude!

I have 100% Set Dungeons achievement and by the way I have 100% other achievements, and I want more :D