Diablo 2 CD keys, how many uses do each have?

Games & Technology
Diablo 2 CD keys, how many uses do each have? As in, can I usb to load the game onto different PCs and use the CD key over an over? or is it one time use?
You can use the 1 key on as many computers as you want. As long as its not banned or in use by another player. And you can only log onto it 1 time at a time
03/15/2019 08:21 PMPosted by henry
You can use the 1 key on as many computers as you want. As long as its not banned or in use by another player. And you can only log onto it 1 time at a time

You can only log into battlenet one at a time.

I can load it on 3 computers in my house and run it from all three with the same key as long as I'm using LAN to connect.

But Bnet, only one machine can connect at a time with one key/account, just like D3.
The CD key is keyed to an account. So you may install it as many times as you wish, but you'll only be able to play 1 instance of the game.
Similar CD keys cannot enter the same game, or be used on battle.net if it is banned.

Beyond that there's no limitations, any key can be used to install and play offline. However the installed key is tied to your install path.

You can have multiple installations, or create game-key archives, that allow you to load the game up with different keys. We used that to transfer items between our main and mule accounts on our own. I can't remember if you still need an edited D2gfx.dll file or a launcher in order to launch multiple instances however on the same computer.
Using Sandboxie is the easiest way to run multiple instances of D2 on 1 computer.
It's tolerated by Blizzard and won't get you banned. Very useful to transfer items or enchant your characters