Season of LoN is a Waste

General Discussion
Whats the point of making a seasonal LoN buff . When Set pieces still are much more superior in everyway in terms of power and ease of access.
Once you have your set your destroying T13. LoN takes a bloody long time to gear well , where as your basic NoN Ancient Set comes fast and with more power.
What a complete joke.
Unless Sets are Unobtainable there this so called Buff wont even go noticed really. The additional 2 ring slots might help survive and power slightly but cmon.
I really feel like the DEVS did not think about this at all
You talk too much.
you seem to be fundamentally misunderstanding literally everything about this game bro. LoN getting access to rings will be game breaking for several builds.
03/31/2019 08:34 PMPosted by Keyblade
Whats the point of making a seasonal LoN buff

Because uhh...
Don't say it, let me guess...
Maintenance Mode? So yeah. Makes sense now?

where as your basic NoN Ancient Set comes fast and with more power.
What a complete joke.

Necros and 'saders greatly appreciate the extra 2 ring slots they have. Any other class can still go for a LoN build by abusing damage procs to amplify their damage output further, thanks to LoN bonus having a general and constant multiplier.
They need to just turn the LoN buff into a passive for all characters or something and then rework legendaries to open up more LoN builds. I'd love to see completely new legendaries too, but that won't happen. There's no point in these seasons like this where it's a temporary buff. The LoN builds will go back to being subpar after this season even though they require a lot more effort to find the correct gear pieces than the set builds.
Why bother playing LoN though when it's significantly weaker then your basic set and way more difficult to gear. Your just gimping your character.
The leaderboards arnt going to remotely change this season
03/31/2019 08:55 PMPosted by snake
you seem to be fundamentally misunderstanding literally everything about this game bro. LoN getting access to rings will be game breaking for several builds.
-- though this only has value for those builds who use LoN.

For everybody except for those "several builds," there's no season benefit.
03/31/2019 09:07 PMPosted by ARTPOP
They need to just turn the LoN buff into a passive for all characters or something and then rework legendaries to open up more LoN builds. I'd love to see completely new legendaries too, but that won't happen. There's no point in these seasons like this where it's a temporary buff. The LoN builds will go back to being subpar after this season even though they require a lot more effort to find the correct gear pieces than the set builds.

With any luck, these two seasonal "buffs" will get baked into the game after the season is over. It's pretty clear that both of these buffs, while being mutually exclusive with each other (one is for sets, the other is anti-set), greatly increase build potential. Having those two ring slots open means a lot to quite a few builds.

Also...

*inserts Keyblade into a lock and turns until it breaks*

>:)
All these comments and yet you all know you will be wearing and push with sets not LON
03/31/2019 10:26 PMPosted by Keyblade
All these comments and yet you all know you will be wearing and push with sets not LON

I don't care for the current game design. I don't like how we're forced to wear sets in order to have an equal footing with every one else. It makes no sense that this will be the season of LoN, yet they still want to give us a set to use until we get every piece of ancient legendary gear that we need. I really would have liked to see a season without sets to really shake things up...

And nobody comment about how I can play any build I want on a lower difficulty. That defeats the purpose.
03/31/2019 10:31 PMPosted by ARTPOP
03/31/2019 10:26 PMPosted by Keyblade

I don't care for the current game design. I don't like how we're forced to wear sets in order to have an equal footing with every one else. It makes no sense that this will be the season of LoN, yet they still want to give us a set to use until we get every piece of ancient legendary gear that we need. I really would have liked to see a season without sets to really shake things up...

And nobody comment about how I can play any build I want on a lower difficulty. That defeats the purpose.

The sets increase progression and ability to find Ancients for LoN sets, more to the point is not all classes have LoN builds that hold success in higher rifts, to make this exclusive LoN and no class sets then the season will just be 3-4 classes.
Whats the point of making a seasonal LoN buff . When Set pieces still are much more superior in everyway in terms of power and ease of access.
Once you have your set your destroying T13. LoN takes a bloody long time to gear well , where as your basic NoN Ancient Set comes fast and with more power.
What a complete joke.
Unless Sets are Unobtainable there this so called Buff wont even go noticed really. The additional 2 ring slots might help survive and power slightly but cmon.

You must live under a rock. LoN is top tier.
Wish The LON seasonal theme was just a change to the LON set and we'd get some rework in most of the legendary pieces we have currently that are either too weak or some what restricted in their damage multipliers.
03/31/2019 10:36 PMPosted by Pariahmonkey
<span class="truncated">...</span>

The sets increase progression and ability to find Ancients for LoN sets, more to the point is not all classes have LoN builds that hold success in higher rifts, to make this exclusive LoN and no class sets then the season will just be 3-4 classes.

That says a lot about the current itemization. Maybe they should work on changing it? Add more legendaries to give other classes viable LoN builds and fix outdated legendaries. They should have gone through and fixed all of the current legendary items.
03/31/2019 10:41 PMPosted by Achilles
Wish The LON seasonal theme was just a change to the LON set and we'd get some rework in most of the legendary pieces we have currently that are either too weak or some what restricted in their damage multipliers.

That's exactly what needs to happen.
03/31/2019 09:41 PMPosted by Keyblade
Why bother playing LoN though when it's significantly weaker then your basic set and way more difficult to gear. Your just gimping your character.
The leaderboards arnt going to remotely change this season

Sure. It will remain same, LoN wizz and LoN necro for DPS in group.
Only now, they can wear 2 extra rings, and we will see some 150 cleared under 7 minutes.
And, LoN necro mages for fast XP runs will have 2 more rings too, and much more dps for fast 118, too.
And lot if people will obtain paragon 5000 easily, and even legit.
Yeah, sure, no change at all :-p
What your superior sets will doing in these runs? Ahh, yeah, support DPSes :-)
03/31/2019 10:39 PMPosted by Coco
What a complete joke.

You must live under a rock. LoN is top tier.

Or already understand if top tier LoN build/s can have two more ring Legendary Powers will impact the ranking of Class Set builds in next season :-)
03/31/2019 11:35 PMPosted by WCLee
Or already understand if top tier LoN build/s can have two more ring Legendary Powers will impact the ranking of Class Set builds in next season :-)

This is a non-issue. We've been complaining ever since sets were introduced in their current form in RoS that the sets were the only viable means of progression. Adding in LoN redistributes that balance of power. I know this is probably pie in the sky wishful thinking, but if last season's buff were baked into sets (reduce sets to 2/3/5 required pieces for bonuses vs. 2/4/6) and this upcoming season's buff were made innate (it's a bit oxymoronic to require a set to give you a bonus for a build that requires no other set items are equipped), the total distribution of power and progression would undergo a pretty sizeable change.

I'm hoping the seasonal buffs are being used as a test bed to see whether or not such changes being baked in as QoL or other enhancements. Seasons is a pretty good way to get something like that in and give it a whirl. And I don't think players are going to be upset at getting two additional slots for more gear to enhance build variety since the number one complaint for the game is that itemization is such that only a scant few builds are top tier material. This should hopefully change that.
hi

add on LoN bonus

legendary power have 2.5% buff per ancient (number can tweak ofc)
with 13 items, we have 32.5% buff

if one item give 500%, with full ancient LoN, 662.5% (500*1.325)

don't destroy balance with set (no sense to buff directly legendary items because you buff set and dont give a lon variety build)
LoN will be viable in season 17. Even now its top "set" for some classes.

My problem with lon is that im barb player and we got almost nothing.. we have HotA and its like 15-20 gr weaker than wizard star pact

along with this season theme, a complete rebalance of legendary powers should be done but they dont want to do it because it would mess up everything since leg powers were balanced towards sets not lon