Season of LoN is a Waste

General Discussion
03/31/2019 09:41 PMPosted by Keyblade
Why bother playing LoN though when it's significantly weaker then your basic set

Bazooka Wizards say "Hi". That LoN build is the very reason why 4 player groups are wrecking GR150s in less than 8 min.

So you think LoN is weak? Riiight...

--

The problem with LoN, with or without the S17 theme, is that there are still only handful of viable builds. All builds, whether based on LoN or class sets, require certain supporting legendaries to buff specific skills. Unfortunately these legendaries are horribly unbalanced for LoN. Additionally many skills have no supporting legendaries or have extremely underpowered ones. People moan for more build diversity but without adding new supporting legendaries and/or buffing existing underpowered ones that's not going to happen.
03/31/2019 08:52 PMPosted by WittyGem
You talk too much.

Home boy, you never shut up.
04/01/2019 03:22 AMPosted by Kirottu
03/31/2019 09:41 PMPosted by Keyblade
Why bother playing LoN though when it's significantly weaker then your basic set

Bazooka Wizards say "Hi". That LoN build is the very reason why 4 player groups are wrecking GR150s in less than 8 min.

So you think LoN is weak? Riiight...

to be fair, bazooka is kinda possible with Tal Rasha, too. At least during this season. It's however a little bit weaker so why would anyone bother with that?

the bazooka mechanic is what makes this possible and LoN only turns out to be the most comfortable set to go for, even with the Season16 theme.
End of the day LoN is not a top tier solo push build its far weak then any other sets for each class. If they took away the ability to even get sets this season that might make players stay around longer then a week
04/01/2019 12:59 PMPosted by Keyblade
If they took away the ability to even get sets this season that might make players stay around longer then a week

You'd actually have less players playing if they disabled sets for a season.
Well you will level a lot faster if you can leech T16 and the power spike from LON theme lets you farm GR 110 the first week.

People may stick around to discover what kind of LON builds can be found with 2 new rings.

At this point in D3 development this is a lot more interesting than anything they tried before.

Just the 5 stash tabs alone makes the patch welcome.
As I said in my "Three Requests for the DH..." thread. The LoN theme isn't a bad one.

My gripe is the DH has absolutely no viable LoN build. Every item we have that can go in a LoN build is built to support the sets. So our LoN builds play exactly like the set builds but weaker.

And now with the expansion of Torment levels, even those LoN builds, though fun, will be even slower in T16.

So this patch is a net nerf to DH LoN builds despite the two rings we can wear instead of LoN which are: Unity, Elusive, CoE, and SoJ. Nothing really ground breaking there.

So yeah, DH's got screwed this next season.

Now if they rework some legendaries for the DH like Kridershot and Spines of Seething Hatred like is requested in my thread, then the season won't be a total loss for the DH but in all honesty I don't see it happening.
The only way a season for LoN would work is if every legendary and set piece (those rings) that dropped was an ancient.

I just don't see that happening for an entire season.
04/01/2019 05:43 PMPosted by Beamoth
The only way a season for LoN would work is if every legendary and set piece (those rings) that dropped was an ancient.

I just don't see that happening for an entire season.

False. There are plenty of ancient that drop. More than enough.

The issue is that LON season will really only be fun if many legendaries are reworked to make other builds viable instead of the same builds using a different set.