LoN HotA

Barbarian
Hey guys. Been a while. I got back into playing for a while and have been using WotW to run bounties and rifts. Anyways. I've been having a blast with LoN on diff classes. I have a decent IK HotA setup, but wanted to try something different. So, I built up an LoN HotA. I have only added a few augments because I want to tweak. In game my toughness is around 430 million, 110% fire damage, and my critical on both sides is not to bad, but my dps seems a little low. I am debating going with a Gavel instead of dual wield, but it will take time to get a good one. Any criticism is welcome.

Thanks
Greg...

Edit. I have thinking about adding CDR and running zodiac in cube to have a high amount of Zerker uptime.
I was looking into this prior to season 16. The biggest thing to play with in the build is the weapons you use and there are lots of options. I looked at Pig sticker, Sunkeeper, Remorseless (w/Together as one) and Sankis. I would guess going above GR 90 you are going to need more defense. Up to GR90 you can get away with 3 50% damage reductions which you have. Above that you may need to go to 4. That would make BOM much more important than Unity.

Trying to get even more damage I was just starting to try and get permanent WotB using Zodiac with Remorseless with Together as one. Never finished this to see if this was viable (still on my things to do list)

Also since you are using Aquila's you make want to look at Animosity as a passive along with the Templar. When I did this on my IK HotA build I run at 100% Fury all the time.
I am oddly never below 100 percent fury. Most of the time I see myself hitting 1 Target and spalsh killing around me. Even using Sprint to get from target to target. My Sunkeeper only has 18 elite damage, so I went with Sankis. I also get proc from Sankis about every 20 to 30 seconds. That's an additional 50 D.R. Dps really seems to be my roadblock.

Question. Does the Ancient from Remorseless also perform the same way as from IK. I.E. Together as One?
03/16/2019 10:45 AMPosted by Greg
I am oddly never below 100 percent fury. Most of the time I see myself hitting 1 Target and spalsh killing around me. Even using Sprint to get from target to target. My Sunkeeper only has 18 elite damage, so I went with Sankis. I also get proc from Sankis about every 20 to 30 seconds. That's an additional 50 D.R. Dps really seems to be my roadblock.

Question. Does the Ancient from Remorseless also perform the same way as from IK. I.E. Together as One?

For remorseless, I haven't played with the build enough to find out. It was a theory thing so it needs to be checked out.
03/16/2019 10:45 AMPosted by Greg

No. The Ancient spawned by Remorseless is useless.

What tiers are you pushing where damage is an issue? If you feel bottlenecked in terms of DPS, it's like due to bad gear and too few Augments. Your boots and shoulders need an upgrade, and your Leoric's has Int. Neither weapon has AD and either Pig Sticker or Sunkeeper are much better options than Devestator. You need CHD on your gloves -- Strength can be replaced with Augments and Paragon. Your Wailing Host needs proper rolls and your Bracers have very low HOTA damage and no CHC.

Also--and I'm sure this is obvious--but you're not going to get much mileage out of legendary gems in their 80s.

And why is Cleave on your skill bar? You'd be better off with Furious Charge for mobility or even using Leap with Lut Socks. And swap Unity for Band of Might. This will let you drop String of Ears for Witching Hour. If you intend to push higher, there will come a point when incoming damage becomes a concern. Even then, Zodiac won't be an option. You'll likely need Band in the Cube + CDR + PoC + IP on the bar.

Much like our set-based builds, you can't slap together LoN builds and expect good results. LoN HOTA can be pretty strong (much weaker than IK HOTA or any other major build, but still strong and fun), but you need the gear to make it work.

On a different note: I love that Hellfire!
So I currently have my IK HotA equipped. It may take a few minutes to show. But any ideas?
A GR 80 takes about 5 minutes with no near death.
03/16/2019 02:38 PMPosted by Greg
So I currently have my IK HotA equipped. It may take a few minutes to show. But any ideas?
A GR 80 takes about 5 minutes with no near death.

Blackarrows beat me to it (made me smile, too). But I'm confused. Why are you wearing Aquilas? You need 6 pieces of the IK set.

You know that the Grandeur power is restricted to Seasonal play, right? If you're running IK HOTA properly, you use Aquilas or Magefist in the Cube and wear 6 pieces of IK. Why are you using Unity when you can use Band of Might? Why is there All Resist on gloves? Why is there Move Speed on boots? Why would you ever roll Vit instead of CHD on your Compass Rose?

Best check the guide, homie. Your setups is all messed up.
Wearing Aquilas allows me to cube string of ears. Melee damage was wrecking me. As far as my gear rolls, I am just using the same gear I have always had. Upgrades at this point are very rare. I am farming 5 minute 80s to try to get upgrades and level up some aug gems. I read the guide but am not quite there gear wise. Thanks for all of the input.
03/16/2019 05:03 PMPosted by Greg
Wearing Aquilas allows me to cube string of ears. Melee damage was wrecking me. As far as my gear rolls, I am just using the same gear I have always had. Upgrades at this point are very rare. I am farming 5 minute 80s to try to get upgrades and level up some aug gems. I read the guide but am not quite there gear wise. Thanks for all of the input.

You can fix the mitigation problem by swapping Unity for Band of Might. 80% DR is WAY better than 50%. Then leave Aquilas in the Cube to free up your ring slot. Third ring should be CoE.

5 min 80s isn't bad for upgrades. Have you tried MOTE? Right now, Fire and Phys can pretty much speed 100s with some Augs. Good way to collect gear/shards/etc. Not sure if your MOTE gear is up to snuff, but that set is currently very powerful and much faster than IK HOTA.
ty. Happy St. Pat's day to you all....