Enable trading already

General Discussion
The game is already dead, at least enable trading so some of us can have fun again and build chars that we've never built before without spending hundreds of hours grinding.

My typical game play is omg new season... omg I'm level 800 already? I'm bored, time to go play some other game that does not make me feel like I'm wasting my time...
No.
03/20/2019 03:00 PMPosted by Dietrich
No.

And this is why the game is dead ;) people like you lol...
Wah
03/20/2019 03:01 PMPosted by Crypto

Game is in it's current state due to a severe lack of update, communication, etc.
Enable trading and you'll essentially remove the reason to play.
03/20/2019 03:07 PMPosted by Oblivion
03/20/2019 03:01 PMPosted by Crypto

Game is in it's current state due to a severe lack of update, communication, etc.

Game is in its current state because all the players typically leave 2 weeks after the season starts. Why on earth would Blizzard want to contribute to a game that no one really plays longer than 2 weeks 4 time a year?

It's painful to waste time grinding to find end game gear. Hell I still have more fun playing Diablo 2 than I do Diablo 3. Why is that? because I don't feel like I'm wasting my time and the D2 actually feels rewarding. If I find something I don't need, I could actually trade it for something I do need.
Everything you need is given to you in 24 hours of playing seasons.

The only difference in the endgame is what GR you play and your paragons which let you play higher GR.

The excitement of barely finishing GR 70 while undergreared is the same as barely finishing GR 110 undergeared.

So what is the point of trading? So you can play GR 100 faster? Why not just grind GR90 until you get better gear?

The entire end game is grinding gear and gemming up etc. so you can get higher paragons and do higher GRs. If you short cut this then there really is no reason to play.

Not saying this is best way but it is how the game is currently designed.
03/20/2019 03:53 PMPosted by SimpleDave

And thats the problem - Diablo was about finding loot and combining stuff to slowly become stronger. Every even small upgrade felt like a big win in Diablo 1 & 2; not to talk about finding something of real use - what a moment.

The concept of handing everything out to everyone in a day destroys the entire feel of loot hunting. D3's first few days dont feel like loot hunting but more like "prepare to race" in a racing game - even after 7 yrs of D3 iam still not sure what D3 wants to be - a racing game ? An arcade game ? It feels like pretty much everything but sadly just not like a diablo series successor.
03/20/2019 02:53 PMPosted by Crypto
The game is already dead, at least enable trading so some of us can have fun again and build chars that we've never built before without spending hundreds of hours grinding.

My typical game play is omg new season... omg I'm level 800 already? I'm bored, time to go play some other game that does not make me feel like I'm wasting my time...

Hundreds of hours grinding? Are you nuts? It doesn't take that long to build any character. Not even close.

Trading never alleviated the grind to build a character, anyway.

Also, games by definition are wasting time.
03/20/2019 04:13 PMPosted by NINEGRAVES
03/20/2019 03:53 PMPosted by SimpleDave

And thats the problem - Diablo was about finding loot and combining stuff to slowly become stronger. Every even small upgrade felt like a big win in Diablo 1 & 2; not to talk about finding something of real use - what a moment.

The concept of handing everything out to everyone in a day destroys the entire feel of loot hunting. D3's first few days dont feel like loot hunting but more like "prepare to race" in a racing game - even after 7 yrs of D3 iam still not sure what D3 wants to be - a racing game ? An arcade game ? It feels like pretty much everything but sadly just not like a diablo series successor.

Not that I disagree with anything you said, but the issues with the game becoming a "racing game" came from the players.

It was requested on these very forums for months on end that the game get a ladder system where players are ranked against each other.

RNG prevents the game from everyone attaining build quality items at nearly the same time. So the answer was to give everyone a free set at the beginning of the season.

Solved one problem but created another where in gear was handed to the player.

Then there was the Auction House and its removal. The Auction House short circuited the loot hunt and required removal since people were playing the Auction House instead of the game.

Again, solved one problem but created another since everything in the game was RNG it was possible to never find an item with stats you desired. So they gave us smart loot system. But drops were so low on account of the Auction House that that was another problem.

The solution became apparent when they had a weekend event with double drop rate that was so popular that the board was filled with requests to make it permanent. I mean filled.

Then each time new difficulties were added the drop rates on those difficulties went up. You can test this by playing T6. That was the drop rate when it was doubled after the event. Legendaries certainly don't rain from the sky in that difficulty.

Anyway the point is. Most of the problems today were requested by players in the past, and exacerbated by power creep and new difficulties.

Edit:

There were other things that players requested that made their way into the game as well...

Kanai's cube was a direct result of players requesting a cube like D2 has and to make crafting mean something. Maybe the players didn't mean for those two things to be linked but they were because upgrading through the cube and every other recipe is a form of crafting.

Kadala was a result of players wanting a way to gamble, again like D2. Maybe they meant with gold but the team gave us a new currency and a way to gamble at the same time.

I'm sure there's more. That's why I laugh when people come on the forums and cry "Blizzard don't listen!"

The hell they don't. They just went wrong when they tried to make this game more like D2. Not that D2 is a horrible game. D2 is a great game but things from it just don't translate well into this one to many tears and gnashing of teeth of D2 grognards.
03/20/2019 03:11 PMPosted by Crypto
Why on earth would Blizzard want to contribute to a game that no one really plays longer than 2 weeks 4 time a year?

Because it has core problems caused by incompetent design choices and at the brink of dying? May be? May be its fate tied to a thread with Diablo Immortal, since game amounted to nothing besides selling for billions thanks to name "Diablo"?

The game is already dead, at least enable trading so some of us can have fun again

You can have access to almost everything in the game via slot machines in the middle of the darn town square. Bringing back trading would be pointless without any sort of restrictions. If you're complaining about loot in that abundance, it's questionable.
Love the way people constantly say D3 has failed. People are still playing it after 7 years and it's made just how much money for Blizzard?

What's the shelf life of most games released these days? 3 to 4 months then it's in the bargain bin or a constant discount in every Steam sale....
03/20/2019 03:11 PMPosted by Crypto
Game is in its current state because all the players typically leave 2 weeks after the season starts.

Please clarify how you think being able to trade, and therefore getting all the gear you need sooner, would encourage people to play for longer.
03/21/2019 12:40 AMPosted by Meteorblade
Please clarify how you think being able to trade, and therefore getting all the gear you need sooner, would encourage people to play for longer.

This is the very thing I've always wondered about. It just seems against common sense. Free trading allows one to get the reward without making any effort while in current state, even with the cube shaped slot machine, one has to make some effort to actually earn the gear. How does that make people play longer when you skip the reason to play at all?

Skipping the reason to play is additionally the smallest issue which free trading would bring.

Also, items dropped from monsters and chests can be freely traded between party members for two hours.

So your answer to not get bored by PL800 is to get bored below PL100? Because that would happen with free trading. Brilliant, simply brilliant.
In order to enable trading, a lot of backtracking and a massive overhaul are needed. Not gonna happen, if anything, a new game will be made. Blizzard has to figure out a way to make profit w.o angering the IRS while being more or less creative in disguising p2w mechanics (or mitigate, if you're positive).

The game is already dead

You said it yourself.
trade = RMT !@#$
the only reason anyone advocates for trading is they wish they had the ability to pay2win or buy 'perfect' gear they didn't earn.

Always.

No, Hells no, and Burning Hells no.

Now git ur butt out there and EARN it
03/21/2019 02:27 AMPosted by TaintedFate
trade = RMT !@#$

They want to make extra $$$ off their bots. Nothing more.
Git Gud.