Enable trading already

General Discussion
03/21/2019 12:40 AMPosted by Meteorblade
Please clarify how you think being able to trade, and therefore getting all the gear you need sooner, would encourage people to play for longer.

I know people who buy all their crap from trade sites in D2 to create godly PvE characters. They get bored from the game way early because they have no idea how to utilize the items on their fullest nor they have any idea about what to do next.

Trading had only one benefit for D2 and it was feeding the PvP scene as it needs really specific piece of gear to abide by community rules. Diablo 3 not likely have one soon and if it ever gets one it should be intervened by developers with no need for community. So when you take it on this context it's clear PvP and trade can be independent to each other at D3, there's no meaning of asking for trade.
I'm not saying "it would not work" but there's no point after 6 years either when it's not dependent on anything.
03/20/2019 02:53 PMPosted by Crypto
build chars that we've never built before without spending hundreds of hours grinding.

Trading will bring in new builds? wut? So you want people to get their gear even faster? There are players completing season journeys less than a day.

The only argument that makes sense about trading is when an item drops and you want to share it with your friends when they come online, whether its in 3 hours or the next day, but D3 doesn't want to let us do that? And the only con to this I can think of is haclers setting up multiple bots to farm items, then trading(selling) them to other players, since it becomes tradable after 2 hours to anyone. Figure out a solution to that boisssss.
There are numerous ways to make everyone happy. Why not have a checkbox when you create your character that says "Trading Enabled" however when you do this you are ineligible to join games with other non-trading enabled char's and you will not rank on the leaderboards.

I personally would never play the BOA again. I don't care about the leaderboards, I just care about having fun with friends after putting my kids to sleep and having a beer after a long day.
If play with just your friends, I have a shocker for you. You can trade!! As I already said, items dropped from monsters, chests, etc. are freely tradeable between party members for two hours. When playing with people you know, do you really more freeform trading?

Considering how abundant loot already is, trading would add absolutely nothing.
03/21/2019 10:48 AMPosted by Crypto
Why not have a checkbox when you create your character that says "Trading Enabled" however when you do this you are ineligible to join games with other non-trading enabled char's and you will not rank on the leaderboards.

I like that approach about leaderboards. You can trade in-game but all items are common and can be replicated via Kanai's Cube or can be gambled from Kadala already.
Actually "Solo Self-found" requests tried to address this, by disabling the any sort of item exchange. Free trade wouldn't bring anything good to the game without any restrictions, and won't hold any ground when you're capable of replicating every item on the go.
03/20/2019 04:31 PMPosted by Idolis
Then there was the Auction House and its removal. The Auction House short circuited the loot hunt and required removal since people were playing the Auction House instead of the game.

Yes, but wouldn't had been as bad if item marked account bound upon first trade. Whether in-game or AH. No more cross GAH and RMAH.
03/20/2019 04:20 PMPosted by Orrion
03/20/2019 02:53 PMPosted by Crypto
The game is already dead, at least enable trading so some of us can have fun again and build chars that we've never built before without spending hundreds of hours grinding.

My typical game play is omg new season... omg I'm level 800 already? I'm bored, time to go play some other game that does not make me feel like I'm wasting my time...

Hundreds of hours grinding? Are you nuts? It doesn't take that long to build any character. Not even close.

Trading never alleviated the grind to build a character, anyway.

Also, games by definition are wasting time.

Webster defines it as: Definition of video game
: an electronic game in which players control images on a video screen

What you are saying is your subjective opinion. Is it a waste of time for streamers and professionals that make well above median global income for playing games and/or being entertaining?

Is it a waste of time if you enjoyed your time playing? Is it a waste of time if it doesn't bring you money, health or sex? Does it maybe give you a better chance at some of these things in some circumstances? What is a waste of time?

Diablo 3, I don't find it fun like I did D2, so I would agree with you, D3 is a waste of time. Also, afaik nobody makes money or gets a boost to health from enjoying their time on D3 so much lol. You probably have to play LoL, Overwatch, SC2, Fortnite, DOTA, or Counter Strike to win some pro tournies or have a large enough audience to make money streaming.
I honestly wouldn't mind if the AH(gold only) was brought back for trading purposes in seasons. In my opinion, it's still a little tough to find the gear needed to push past GR70, plus we need something to spend these BILLIONS of gold on anyway >xP
I agree Crypto. I don’t know why these D3 players don’t want trading or anything meaningful to be added. It’s especially sad on XB1 where I can’t even give my brother items on a season when we are playing together. They are the reason D3 is the way it is now. Utterly boring. I play a week or two of a season and I’m done.
One of the idea's I proposed a while back was to bring back the auction house but rename it to the trading post.

Allow players to post items anonymously and allow other players to "offer" items to trade. The original trading player can view the offers and accept the best one. Once a trade is completed the items are exchanged anonymously into the stash. Restrict trading ONLY to the trading house and it would restrict those botting for "money" as free market would make it impossible to sell a primal for 5 gold and not knowing who you're trading with would make it impossible to accept payments on PayPal for the item.

I remember the d2 days where tons of games called "Nigma 4 2hr"' was a pain to find traders but this method would streamline trading. I met several gaming friends in D2 trading games, I even still keep in touch with a few of them 15 years later. Cant say the same for Diablo 3 though...

I'm seriously looking forward to making new friends on my phone though while I'm on the toilet.. It's going to be a new experience for me :) lol...
03/21/2019 12:31 PMPosted by nibz
we need something to spend these BILLIONS of gold on anyway

Empowering a GR115 costs 129,000,000 gold.
So, eight of those eats through a billion gold.
Trading is completely pointless at this point in the game where you can speed T13 rifts within 2 days of playing in a new season and get a lot of blood shards to gamble on an alt character of your choice, kanai cube also made acquiring items so stupidly easy. Gear progression of D3 is beyond **** up.
I am against the trading.

It's already too easy to get stuffed. You have Kadala, the Mystic for getting easily one decent item (not perfect, just usable). If you add trading, it will be far too easy. The only thing you'll do (and we already do) is grinding paragon, and Gem leveling.

Actually, it's just getting right affixes on an ancient/primal item, just optimisation.

It won't solve the core problem of the game:
Lack of contents, no diversity. (because sets are mandatory, and LoN does'nt solve the problem for me.)
You dont even need to trade in this game, items are being shoved into your face like you're a 8 year old toddler.
03/22/2019 03:44 AMPosted by TobiasPeste
Most of active D3 players are botters. They let those ************* buy another license, what do you expect? Bravo bli$$ard!

here's your answer...
I don't think anybody here thinks D3 in its current state is optimal. I played d2 since the start for years and understand the role of trading in that game.

But D3 is a different game where items rain down from the sky. You do have rare items like a perfect Compass Rose or a primal weapon with the right rolls. But the entire game can be played without trading.

I actually think the best part of D3 is playing with other players that know what they are doing. A good 4 man can do a lot higher GRs than a bad one. Problem here is the limited number of builds which I hope they keep fixing with updates.

If they just had a better match making a lot of frustrations of the game would go away. I just want to jump into a public game and do a few 110-115 Grs in about 5 minutes. But it is so hard to get matched up with players that can do that.

Just a few more improvements can make D3 a much better game. But sadly maintenance mode doesn't make that likely any time soon.
03/21/2019 10:48 AMPosted by Crypto
There are numerous ways to make everyone happy. Why not have a checkbox when you create your character that says "Trading Enabled" however when you do this you are ineligible to join games with other non-trading enabled char's and you will not rank on the leaderboards.

This is a bad idea.

First off, the player base is fragmented enough without adding yet another separation.

Second, trade has nothing to do with leaderboards.

I personally would never play the BOA again. I don't care about the leaderboards, I just care about having fun with friends after putting my kids to sleep and having a beer after a long day.

But you can trade with your friends when you’re playing with them like that, so your complaining doesn’t make much sense.

How would open trading - in which you’re likely trading items to people who aren’t your friends - make any difference?
03/21/2019 02:40 PMPosted by ARTPOP
I agree Crypto. I don’t know why these D3 players don’t want trading or anything meaningful to be added. It’s especially sad on XB1 where I can’t even give my brother items on a season when we are playing together. They are the reason D3 is the way it is now. Utterly boring. I play a week or two of a season and I’m done.

They disabled trading in Seasons on the consoles to prevent item duplications. It has nothing to do with why there isn’t open trading on the PC. Item duplication works by having 2 or more players in a game, trading them equipment (or dropping it), and then leaving before triggering a save. The only way to stop it is to prevent items from leaving your character. That’s why trade is restricted in Seasons.

You can still trade normally outside of Seasons on consoles.
03/20/2019 03:11 PMPosted by Crypto
03/20/2019 03:07 PMPosted by Oblivion

Game is in it's current state due to a severe lack of update, communication, etc.

Game is in its current state because all the players typically leave 2 weeks after the season starts. Why on earth would Blizzard want to contribute to a game that no one really plays longer than 2 weeks 4 time a year?

It's painful to waste time grinding to find end game gear. Hell I still have more fun playing Diablo 2 than I do Diablo 3. Why is that? because I don't feel like I'm wasting my time and the D2 actually feels rewarding. If I find something I don't need, I could actually trade it for something I do need.

All true.. At least with trading, you can trade for Primals that even after many season you have not been able to find for yourself.. I played D2 for a long time, had 4 accounts full of chrs, 2 of them were high level chrs. A 99 Amazon and a Barb at 97.. Then Bliz made it so you could not solo the game so magic find was out. I stopped playing for a little over 3 months and Bliz deleted my accounts.. I have not played a Bliz game for a lot of years, then a few months ago, I started playing D3.. Now I am done with no hope of getting the best gear in the game.. No trading, with a near no chance of getting anything worth keeping, makes for a boring game..
Ya sure, a player can give you a Primal, but I have never been given one for my build, and don't feel anyone would do so without something in return..